1.5M

Magnus Manske-2
I just wondered why wikipedia had stopped dead in its tracks for a
minute or so - it seems that  some people were *really* desparate to
write the 1.5M article, so everyone submitted at the same time ;-)

Apparently, by chance, I myself did miss the "turning point" only by a
few articles. Oh well...

Anyway, congrats everyone! 1.5M articles, just a few days after de
reached 0.5M, and as commons is about to reach 1M files.

Now, for those stable versions... ;-)

Magnus

Re: 1.5M

James Hare
I've started a little project in my user page called "Stable-Wikipedia"
where I'll be listing good versions of articles.

On 11/24/06, Magnus Manske <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I just wondered why wikipedia had stopped dead in its tracks for a
> minute or so - it seems that  some people were *really* desparate to
> write the 1.5M article, so everyone submitted at the same time ;-)
>
> Apparently, by chance, I myself did miss the "turning point" only by a
> few articles. Oh well...
>
> Anyway, congrats everyone! 1.5M articles, just a few days after de
> reached 0.5M, and as commons is about to reach 1M files.
>
> Now, for those stable versions... ;-)
>
> Magnus

Re: 1.5M

Steve Bennett-8
On 11/25/06, James Hare <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I've started a little project in my user page called "Stable-Wikipedia"
> where I'll be listing good versions of articles.

Sure you don't want to contribute to one of the several existing
projects that all have the same goal instead?

Steve

Re: 1.5M

James Hare
I'll be sure to work with them. This'll just be the large list of all the
nice article revisions.

On 11/24/06, Steve Bennett <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 11/25/06, James Hare <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > I've started a little project in my user page called "Stable-Wikipedia"
> > where I'll be listing good versions of articles.
>
> Sure you don't want to contribute to one of the several existing
> projects that all have the same goal instead?
>
> Steve

Re: 1.5M

Ryan Wetherell
It was nice to wake up and see that message on my home page.

On 11/24/06, Magnus Manske <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I just wondered why wikipedia had stopped dead in its tracks for a
> minute or so - it seems that  some people were *really* desparate to
> write the 1.5M article, so everyone submitted at the same time ;-)
>
> Apparently, by chance, I myself did miss the "turning point" only by a
> few articles. Oh well...
>
> Anyway, congrats everyone! 1.5M articles, just a few days after de
> reached 0.5M, and as commons is about to reach 1M files.
>
> Now, for those stable versions... ;-)
>
> Magnus

Who knows when we shall meet again (if ever)?
But time keeps flowin' like a river, to the sea...