15th anniversary: Wikipedia Day in Jan 2016

15th anniversary: Wikipedia Day in Jan 2016

Pharos-3
Hi Wiki-Americans,

We would like to do something special in NYC for next year's Wikipedia Day, to help kick off the year celebrating the 15th anniversary, on January 15 or thereabouts, and would welcome collaboration with North American and other cities by video link for that day.

for context, last year's Wikipedia Day in NYC-

Wiki page:

Videos page:

(especially see lightning talks, etc, which could be spread globally in bitesize chunks)

Besides NYC, I think WMDC is hosting a Diversity Conference about the same time that could be a part of this, and Cascadia was also I think considering an event in Vancouver.

Thanks,
Pharos
Wikimedia NYC

Re: 15th anniversary: Wikipedia Day in Jan 2016

Andrew Lih-2
FYI, another theme that came up during Wikimania with folks involved with movement communications is to make 2016 a year-long celebration of Wikipedia/Wikimedia, and that this might have an ability to tie in with the 2016 Wikipedia Year of Science that the Wiki Education Foundation is pushing.

Just something to keep in mind. I'll be proposing a workshop for Wikiconference USA to help strategize around the theme of 2016 Year of Science, so perhaps we could wrap both of these into one.

-Andrew

-Andrew Lih
Associate professor of journalism, American University
Email: [hidden email]
WEB: http://www.andrewlih.com
BOOK: The Wikipedia Revolution: http://www.wikipediarevolution.com
PROJECT: Wiki Makes Video http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiProject_Wiki_Makes_Video