2 Questions: "Image-Batch-Upload" and "Refresh wiki data"

2 Questions: "Image-Batch-Upload" and "Refresh wiki data"

Jan-62
Hello!

I have two questions concerning my own MediaWiki-installation (1.5):

1. I need to upload approx. 400 images to my Wiki; all images are in one Folder
(and have different filenames).
I have full access to my wiki as WikiSysop, FTP, and phpMyAdmin/ODBC.
How could i do this?

2. I imported many articles by MediaWiki-XML-Export/Import feature. But my Wiki
didnt realized them; the articles have categorys in the article-text, but they
are not assigned to the categorys. Only when I edit&save an article, it got
assigned. Same thing with the statistics (0 articles), "most wanted articles" =
none ... and so on. How to refresh all articles?

Best regards,
Jan

Re: 2 Questions: "Image-Batch-Upload" and "Refresh wiki data"

Brion Vibber
Jan wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I have two questions concerning my own MediaWiki-installation (1.5):
>
> 1. I need to upload approx. 400 images to my Wiki; all images are in one
> Folder (and have different filenames).
> I have full access to my wiki as WikiSysop, FTP, and phpMyAdmin/ODBC.
> How could i do this?

pywikipediabot

> 2. I imported many articles by MediaWiki-XML-Export/Import feature. But
> my Wiki didnt realized them; the articles have categorys in the
> article-text, but they are not assigned to the categorys. Only when I
> edit&save an article, it got assigned. Same thing with the statistics (0
> articles), "most wanted articles" = none ... and so on. How to refresh
> all articles?

refreshLinks.php

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)

Re: 2 Questions: "Image-Batch-Upload" and "Refresh wiki data"

Jan-62
Hello Brion,

thanks for the tipps.

> refreshLinks.php

I tried to call maintenance/refreshLinks.php, but I always get "Error 403". i
tried to give 777 to all files in maintenance/*, but without success.
Do I need access to server-commandline?

I have access by ftp and MyphpAdmin/ODBC.

Reagards,

Jan wrote:

> Hello Brion,
>
> thanks for the tipps.
>
>> refreshLinks.php
>
> I tried to call maintenance/refreshLinks.php, but I always get "Error
> 403". i tried to give 777 to all files in maintenance/*, but without
> success.
> Do I need access to server-commandline?
Yes.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)

Re: 2 Questions: "Image-Batch-Upload" and "Refresh wiki data"

Rob Church
phpShell (http://mgeisler.net/php-shell) works for me, on smaller
wikis with crap hosting, at least. :-D

Rob Church

Rob Church schrieb:
> phpShell (http://mgeisler.net/php-shell) works for me, on smaller
> wikis with crap hosting, at least. :-D

Hi Rob,

thank your very, very much *g*

phpShell works great ... only 5 minutes installation, no problems, and
successfully refreshed the wiki :-)

Refreshing my ~ 30.000 pages (pages, not articles) has taken a few minutes, but
now all categories are assigned correctly.

Regards,
Jan

Re: 2 Questions: "Image-Batch-Upload" and "Refresh wiki data"

Jan-62
> refreshLinks.php

I successfully refreshed the links (in phpShell). So all articles imported by
XML are assigned correctly to their categories.
"php refreshLinks.php" works without problems.

There are two more issues, which I have noticed in the meantime:
First, the statistics are still wrong (Spezial:Statistics); it says, i have "0
articles".
And the search-funktion doesnt work: It just doesnt find the articles.

I found "maintenance/rebuildall.php", but when I try to execute, i get
(html-tags removed):
FH-Wiki has a problem Sorry! This site is experiencing technical difficulties.
Try waiting a few minutes and reloading. (Can't contact the database server:)

When I execute "php rebuildtextindex.php", i get the same error-message.

Any hints, how to repair stats and search-index?

Regards,
Jan

Re: 2 Questions: "Image-Batch-Upload" and "Refresh wiki data"

Rob Church
Those scripts require that you've configured a valid AdminSettings.php
file in the wiki root. See AdminSettings.sample for more details.

Rob Church

On 10/01/06, Jan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> > refreshLinks.php
>
> I successfully refreshed the links (in phpShell). So all articles imported by
> XML are assigned correctly to their categories.
> "php refreshLinks.php" works without problems.
>
> There are two more issues, which I have noticed in the meantime:
> First, the statistics are still wrong (Spezial:Statistics); it says, i have "0
> articles".
> And the search-funktion doesnt work: It just doesnt find the articles.
>
> I found "maintenance/rebuildall.php", but when I try to execute, i get
> (html-tags removed):
> FH-Wiki has a problem Sorry! This site is experiencing technical difficulties.
> Try waiting a few minutes and reloading. (Can't contact the database server:)
>
> When I execute "php rebuildtextindex.php", i get the same error-message.
>
> Any hints, how to repair stats and search-index?
>
> Regards,
> Jan

Re: 2 Questions: "Image-Batch-Upload" and "Refresh wiki data"

Jan-62
Hello Rob,

thank you :-)

rebuildall.php has successful repaired the search.

To repair the Special:Statistics, I had to do an additional task (information
for archive, etc.):
Because in the database does exist an entry with key=1, the script
init_stats.php cant "INSERT" the values into the table "wiki_site_stats". So I
droped the first row from the table "wiki_site_stats", and execute
php Init_stats.php again. Success :-)

Regards,
Jan