2017-05-10 Scrum of Scrums meeting notes

2017-05-10 Scrum of Scrums meeting notes

Grace Gellerman
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Scrum_of_scrums/2017-05-10

*= 2017-05-10 =*

contact: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Engineering

== Call outs:==

* Research Recommendation API being ported to node
** Could use review from Services
** https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T164282
* RelEng: No train next week (we're on our offsite). RelEng probably won't
be SWATting anything -- SWATs will be best effort

=== Reading ===

==== Android ====
* Working on UI and DB updates to accommodate reading list syncing product
requirements
* Experimenting with partial XHR content loading in the WebView
* Current release board:
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/project/view/2352/

==== iOS ====
* Last Week
** Released 5.4.1 - https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/project/view/2600/
** 5.5 - https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/project/view/2602/
*** TWN localization pluralization support:
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T126493
*** Places bug fixes
* This Week
** 5.5 - https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/project/view/2602/
*** Enhanced search visibility: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T130159
*** Update feed design: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T141767

==== Reading Infrastructure ====
* fix handling of video tags in MCS (for Android app); removing mobile-text
route; stop stripping some id attributes; work on new HTML route
* finalizing plans for Reading Lists; RfC to follow soon

==== Web ====
* Aiming to address various log errors and UI regressions
* RelEng may be interested in our activity in exploring CSS regression
testing (https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T107588 )
** Added a comment about Parsing team's visual diff testing there. :)

=== Community Tech ===
* Rolling out LoginNotify Extension to BetaCluster and TestWiki
* Continuing work on CodeMirror extension for syntax highlighting
* Continuing work on XTools rewrite
No blockers!

=== Editing ===

==== Parsing ====
* https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/349432/  is waiting on security review
* Redlink support in Parsoid is now awaiting code review

==== Collaboration ====
* Blocked
* Blocking
* Updates
** RCFilters
*** New filters, including top revision
*** Watchlist filters
*** Saved queries to allow user to easily repeat their search
*** Tour to invite people to use Beta Feature
*** Fix contradictory RC filters
*** Preparatory backend work to allow user to filter for multiple
namespaces and tags
** Bug fixes for RCFilters, ORES, Echo, and Flow

==== UI Standardization ====
* This week:
** Continued work on bringing automatic Sketch export to Wikimedia UI Style
Guide to always be up-to-date with design changes
* Updates:
** OOjs UI:
*** v0.21.3 released with 3 accessibility and 6 UI improvements, among those
***

=== German Technical Wishlist ===
* Deployed TwoColumnConflict resolution extension as Beta feature on all
wikis: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T162806

=== Wikidata ===
* Same as last weeks, focussing on the Lexeme frontend code. Demo wiki not
up to date right now: http://wikidata-lexeme.wmflabs.org/index.php/Lexeme:L2
* Working on bugs and features for the WikibaseQualityConstraints
extension: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/tag/wikibase-quality/

=== Research ===
* Reader segmentation survey in more languages
** test happening tomorrow in ja, ro, de, he wikis
** run all surveys from approx 15-22 May
** https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T131949
** https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T151835
* Recommendation API being ported to node
** Could use review from Services
** https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T164282

=== TechOps ===
* Blocking
** None?
* Blocked
** None
* Updates
** Final stages of hiring for our open spot
** Mark (slowly) coming back from vacation
** Datacenter switchover is done :)

=== RelEng ===
* Blocking
** None?
* Blocked
** None
* Updates
** Next week team offsite
*** no train
*** SWATs on best volunteer effort

=== Security ===
* Reviews
** TemplateStyles
** JsonConfig/Kartographer
** https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/349432/

=== Fundraising Tech ===
* New hire is deploying CiviCRM fixes
* About to run more tests of new PayPal integration
* CiviCRM: 3rd party mailer integration
* Ingenico re-build / library-ization work starting
* CentralNotice Banner sequence merged, testing on beta

=== Discovery ===
* No blockers
* Logstash/kibana upgraded to latest Elastic version
* Building infrastructure for machine learning assisted ranking (aka
MjoLniR)
* Working on Hebrew language analyzer, report:
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/User:TJones_(WMF)/Notes/HebMorph_Analyzer_Analysis
* Talk at R-Ladies SF about analytics work in Discovery:
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/File:Data_Science_Workflow_at_Discovery.pdf
* Preparing for ES upgrade to 5.3.2