2017 Community Wishlist Survey starts today!

2017 Community Wishlist Survey starts today!

Danny Horn
Hi everyone,

The third annual Community Wishlist Survey starts today, and you're invited
to post proposals for projects that you'd like WMF's Community Tech team to
work on:

https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/2016_Community_Wishlist_Survey

The Community Tech team builds features and makes changes that active
Wikimedia contributors want, and the Wishlist Survey sets the team's agenda
for the year.

The Wishlist Survey starts with a two-week proposal period, when
contributors from all Wikimedia projects are invited to post, discuss and
improve propsals. After that, there's a two-week voting period, when
everyone can post support-votes on the proposals that they think are
worthwhile. We end up with a ranked list of wishes, measured by the
participants' enthusiasm for each idea.

Community Tech is responsible for addressing the top 10 wishes on the list,
as well as some wishes from smaller groups and projects that are doing
important work, but don't have the numbers to get their proposal into the
top 10. The Wishlist is also used by volunteer developers and other teams,
who want to find projects to work on that the community really wants.

So I hope that everybody comes and participates; it's an opportunity to set
the agenda for a Wikimedia Foundation product team.

We would also ask that you help us spread the word. Please do post on your
wikis and tell others this is happening, and that if they don't feel
comfortable writing in English, proposals are welcome in any language.

I hope to see everyone there!

Danny Horn
WMF Community Tech

Re: 2017 Community Wishlist Survey starts today!

Danny Horn
Darn, that link is last year's. It should be:

https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/2017 Community_Wishlist_Survey