2017 Community Wishlist Survey

Johan Jönsson-2
Hey everyone,

Just like last year and the year before that, the Community Tech team
will be working on a list of tasks prioritised by the Wikimedia
community. The wishlist survey will start on Monday; we're setting up
the pages. There will be more edits, but the information already there
should remain stable. Since this is an important way to let the
communities decide the focus of what this team will work on, it'd be
good if the most important information is available in more languages
than English.

https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/2017_Community_Wishlist_Survey

If you look at the page, and think it's too much, here's how I would
personally prioritise translating it:

1) Top
2) Schedule
3) What happens during the proposal phase?
4) What happens during the voting phase?
5) Everything else

//Johan Jönsson

Re: 2017 Community Wishlist Survey

Johan Jönsson-2
Thanks, much appreciated. The missing translate tags have been added.

("The 2017 Community Wishlist Survey begins on November ..." was left
out on purpose to spare translators that sentence given that few will
see the page before the survey has begun and I didn't want to waste
anyone's time on text that will soon be removed, but if more energy is
spent on wondering why it's not translatable, then it's better that
one can translate it.)

//Johan Jönsson
--

On Fri, Nov 3, 2017 at 8:33 PM, Anna e só <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi. Just a heads up: the headers of two sections are not available for
> translations: "Schedule" and "What is the Community Wishlist Survey?". I
> think "The 2017 Community Wishlist Survey begins on November 6th, 19:00
> UTC!" should be translatable as well. I looked for those messages on the
> translation tool and they didn't appear.
>
> On Fri, Nov 3, 2017 at 2:42 PM, Johan Jönsson <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hey everyone,
>>
>> Just like last year and the year before that, the Community Tech team
>> will be working on a list of tasks prioritised by the Wikimedia
>> community. The wishlist survey will start on Monday; we're setting up
>> the pages. There will be more edits, but the information already there
>> should remain stable. Since this is an important way to let the
>> communities decide the focus of what this team will work on, it'd be
>> good if the most important information is available in more languages
>> than English.
>>
>> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/2017_Community_Wishlist_Survey
>>
>> If you look at the page, and think it's too much, here's how I would
>> personally prioritise translating it:
>>
>> 1) Top
>> 2) Schedule
>> 3) What happens during the proposal phase?
>> 4) What happens during the voting phase?
>> 5) Everything else
>>
>> //Johan Jönsson

Re: 2017 Community Wishlist Survey

Anna e só
Found two more untagged messages:
  1. "If there are wishes from last year's survey that you think deserve another shot, see "Can I resubmit a proposal from the 2016 survey?" above."

  2. " Every dog that wears a Santa hat works for Community Tech."

Everything else is fine. :)

On Fri, Nov 3, 2017 at 11:03 PM, Johan Jönsson <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks, much appreciated. The missing translate tags have been added.

("The 2017 Community Wishlist Survey begins on November ..." was left
out on purpose to spare translators that sentence given that few will
see the page before the survey has begun and I didn't want to waste
anyone's time on text that will soon be removed, but if more energy is
spent on wondering why it's not translatable, then it's better that
one can translate it.)

//Johan Jönsson
--

On Fri, Nov 3, 2017 at 8:33 PM, Anna e só <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi. Just a heads up: the headers of two sections are not available for
> translations: "Schedule" and "What is the Community Wishlist Survey?". I
> think "The 2017 Community Wishlist Survey begins on November 6th, 19:00
> UTC!" should be translatable as well. I looked for those messages on the
> translation tool and they didn't appear.
>
> On Fri, Nov 3, 2017 at 2:42 PM, Johan Jönsson <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hey everyone,
>>
>> Just like last year and the year before that, the Community Tech team
>> will be working on a list of tasks prioritised by the Wikimedia
>> community. The wishlist survey will start on Monday; we're setting up
>> the pages. There will be more edits, but the information already there
>> should remain stable. Since this is an important way to let the
>> communities decide the focus of what this team will work on, it'd be
>> good if the most important information is available in more languages
>> than English.
>>
>> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/2017_Community_Wishlist_Survey
>>
>> If you look at the page, and think it's too much, here's how I would
>> personally prioritise translating it:
>>
>> 1) Top
>> 2) Schedule
>> 3) What happens during the proposal phase?
>> 4) What happens during the voting phase?
>> 5) Everything else
>>
>> //Johan Jönsson

Re: 2017 Community Wishlist Survey

Johan Jönsson-2
Thanks! Fixed.

//Johan Jönsson
--

On Sat, Nov 4, 2017 at 3:14 PM, Anna e só <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Found two more untagged messages:
>
> "If there are wishes from last year's survey that you think deserve another
> shot, see "Can I resubmit a proposal from the 2016 survey?" above."
>
> " Every dog that wears a Santa hat works for Community Tech."
>
> Everything else is fine. :)
>

> On Fri, Nov 3, 2017 at 11:03 PM, Johan Jönsson <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks, much appreciated. The missing translate tags have been added.
>>
>> ("The 2017 Community Wishlist Survey begins on November ..." was left
>> out on purpose to spare translators that sentence given that few will
>> see the page before the survey has begun and I didn't want to waste
>> anyone's time on text that will soon be removed, but if more energy is
>> spent on wondering why it's not translatable, then it's better that
>> one can translate it.)
>>
>> //Johan Jönsson
>> --
>>
>> On Fri, Nov 3, 2017 at 8:33 PM, Anna e só <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>> > Hi. Just a heads up: the headers of two sections are not available for
>> > translations: "Schedule" and "What is the Community Wishlist Survey?". I
>> > think "The 2017 Community Wishlist Survey begins on November 6th, 19:00
>> > UTC!" should be translatable as well. I looked for those messages on the
>> > translation tool and they didn't appear.

Re: 2017 Community Wishlist Survey

Johan Jönsson-2
Hey everyone,

There's a short invitation to participate here that you're very welcome to translate:

//Johan Jönsson
--

On Fri, Nov 3, 2017 at 5:42 PM, Johan Jönsson <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Thank you, those who have already translated invitations.

If you're reading the page in a language that's not English, there's now a form that can be used to create proposals in other languages if you need a translation of the preload (under the categories). Some have translated that already, but the preload has been difficult to find and translate. The translation link is this:

//Johan Jönsson
--

On Mon, Nov 6, 2017 at 11:42 PM, Christian <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Johan
translation FR of the invitation done.

and translation FR of the related main page also completed

Thanks

Christian / France.

Re: 2017 Community Wishlist Survey

Mathieu Stumpf Guntz

Hey Johan,

It seems I experiment some cache issues. For example https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/2017_Community_Wishlist_Survey/Wiktionary say there is 2 proposals but only one is displayed so far. I did tried to save a void edit but it didn't work…

Cheers

On Wed, Nov 8, 2017 at 12:01 PM, mathieu stumpf guntz <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hey Johan,

It seems I experiment some cache issues. For example https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/2017_Community_Wishlist_Survey/Wiktionary say there is 2 proposals but only one is displayed so far. I did tried to save a void edit but it didn't work…

I think the problem is that the count is wrong rather than that there's a proposal you can't see, but looking into it.

//Johan Jönsson

Re: 2017 Community Wishlist Survey

Mathieu Stumpf Guntz

I'm sure it's not, as I indeed added one more proposal: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/2017_Community_Wishlist_Survey/Wiktionary/Improve_TemplateData_to_ease_description_of_lexical_items

The other option is that there is something wrong with the way my proposal is formatted, but then

  • it's even more strange that it is counted
  • I don't think I changed anything in the way the text is formatted, so it mights mean there is a problem with the placeholder text. But since other proposal seems fine, it's unlikely.