3rd Odia (Oriya) Wikipedia Academy/Workshop Cuttack, April 17, 2011 at 10 AM

3rd Odia (Oriya) Wikipedia Academy/Workshop Cuttack, April 17, 2011 at 10 AM

wikiodisha1
Hi All,

This is Srikant from Odia (Oriya) Wikipedia.

It is my pleasure to inform you all about the 3rd Odia (Oriya) Wikipedia Academy/Workshop is going to be organized in Cuttack on 2011, April 17 at 10 AM, Image Institute of Technology & Management. This is the first of its kind of workshop in Cuttack city.

Main Agenda:
Session1:
- Introduction about Wikipedia and Wikipedia Odia
- Recent developments and new features added in Wikipedia
- Why Wikipedia Odia?
- Future deveopment and possible opportunities with Wikipedia
Session2:
- Discussion of common problems raised (And by audience)
- Display and typing issues and solution
- Building community
- Translation issues & possible measures to solve them
- Incubation of new projects for students in Odia Wikipedia
- Future Projects for Odia Wikipedia

Anyone from any other language Wikipedias are most welcome to this event to share their thoughts and ideas for the development of Odia Wikipedia. This is an open event and free for all. Anyone who has some ideas to share can also share them here or here.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Srikant Kedia (User:Odisha1)

Mail ID - [hidden email]
Facebook- facebook.com/OdiaWiki
Tweet @OdiaWiki

Re: 3rd Odia (Oriya) Wikipedia Academy/Workshop Cuttack, April 17, 2011 at 10 AM

Subhashish Panigrahi
ongratulations and wish you all the best for the event. Just, a quick update. Susant Patnaik, a young innovator, awarded by former president of India, Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam, TEDx Speaker and recently secelcted fror a NASA event, hailing from the Temple City of Bhubaneswar is going to speak about opensource and Wikipedia movement in betwen the first and 2nd session, so, please update the same in the event page.

Secondly, please try to webcast the event so that some of the interested people like me can view it remotely. And I would love Mr. Hisham Mundol to share some of his valuable time and ideas with the audience after the editing session is over.

Tomorrow Odia Wiki community is going to inaugurate the Tutorial for "How to Edit Odia Wikipedia" in Odia with callouts for further help. This is the first version of the tutorial which will also feature voice over describing the commands. I am uploading and updating you all by this evening.

Once again wish you all the best again for all your noble effort.

Re: 3rd Odia (Oriya) Wikipedia Academy/Workshop Cuttack, April 17, 2011 at 10 AM

Srikanth Ramakrishnan
Shubhashish,
I've sent across a message to several friends in Orissa about this. I've given them your email ID.
Let me know if they get in touch.
Regards,
Srikanth.

On 16 April 2011 14:45, Subhashish Panigrahi <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

ME.
Wear a Lungi, Support the Movement
 My infrastructure invasion... plus other images
too.. on Wikimedia Commons. http://bit.ly/d50SIq

Re: 3rd Odia (Oriya) Wikipedia Academy/Workshop Cuttack, April 17, 2011 at 10 AM

hisham mundol-2
Hi Subhashish

Will be my pleasure to join in.

Thanks

Hisham Mundol

Wikimedia Foundation

India Programs

skype: hisham.wikimedia
gtalk: [hidden email]
twitter: @mundol

On Apr 16, 2011, at 2:45 PM, Subhashish Panigrahi wrote:

[...]

Thanks Srikanth, will try to be in touch eith them when they contact me. Thanks a lot.
--
ସୁଭପାSubhashishPanigrahi
ଓଡ଼ିଆ ଉଇକିପିଡ଼ିଆ

facebook.com/OdiaWiki