48h block for "violating" WP:DTTR?

Raphael Wegmann-2
Hello,

apparently I've just been blocked 48h for violating WP:DTTR,
which is not a policy or guideline, and editors are not obliged
to follow.

The block reason given is WP:3RR which I did not violate, because

1. I made only 3 reverts:

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=User_talk:Tarc&diff=prev&oldid=194141550
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=User_talk:Tarc&diff=prev&oldid=194147516
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=User_talk:Tarc&diff=prev&oldid=194149873

2. All of those reverts are reverts of clear-cut discussion page
    vandalism:

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=User_talk:Tarc&diff=prev&oldid=194140985
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=User_talk:Tarc&diff=prev&oldid=194142910
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=User_talk:Tarc&diff=prev&oldid=194148301

It all comes down to this:
Does a "violation" of WP:DTTR warrant a violation of WP:VANDAL?
In other words: Are editors allowed to remove a template comment
from others' talk pages, if they feel that the other is a regular?

br
--
User:Raphael1

Re: 48h block for "violating" WP:DTTR?

John Reaves
A cursory glance of the post and the diffs suggests that a new wikilawyer
has just passed the bar exam, so congrats.

--John Reaves

On 26/02/2008, Raphael Wegmann <[hidden email]> wrote:

>  apparently I've just been blocked 48h for violating WP:DTTR,
>  which is not a policy or guideline, and editors are not obliged
>  to follow.

wikien-l is not for unblock requests. This user has been told this
before, and is now on moderation; further posts on this subject will
be rejected.

- d.

Re: 48h block for "violating" WP:DTTR?

Ron Ritzman
The lesson to be learned here is that, policy aside, the best way to
not get blocked is if you're doing something and you are asked
multiple times to stop, YOU STOP. You then go do something else.