A Great Big Thank You to Florence! (Was Re: Candidacy to the board of WMF)

A Great Big Thank You to Florence! (Was Re: Candidacy to the board of WMF)

Mike Godwin-3

I changed the subject header because it seems appropriate.

Florence deserves an immense amount of credit and gratitude for her
work in navigating the Foundation through its last two years of
transition. I'm personally grateful to her for all the great work she
has done, and for both the support and the critical eye she has
offered in the course of this transition. I know that at times her
position has been stressful, but, regardless of how hard the work has
been, Florence unceasingly has dedicated herself 100 percent to the
improvement of the Foundation and its projects, and to promoting the
community and community values on which we all depend.

I just wish I had a solid gold barnstar to give her.

Thank you again, Florence. Merci beaucoup.

--Mike

Re: A Great Big Thank You to Florence! (Was Re: Candidacy to the board of WMF)

Michael Bimmler
On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 4:50 AM, Mike Godwin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I changed the subject header because it seems appropriate.
>
> Florence deserves an immense amount of credit and gratitude for her
> work in navigating the Foundation through its last two years of
> transition. I'm personally grateful to her for all the great work she
> has done, and for both the support and the critical eye she has
> offered in the course of this transition. I know that at times her
> position has been stressful, but, regardless of how hard the work has
> been, Florence unceasingly has dedicated herself 100 percent to the
> improvement of the Foundation and its projects, and to promoting the
> community and community values on which we all depend.

Hear, hear!

Florence, you have been the very model of a board member and board
chair. In your actions and opinions, I always recognised your wish to
support our mission, to promote the values Wikimedia stands for, in
short, to help our cause.
I would like to especially praise your compliment skills. Not only did
you go to great length to explain to the community what the board was
doing, why it was doing it (or why not) and that you would like input
on it, but you were also always available for discussions in IRC and
via private email, I remember many times when I was astonished how
fast I got an in-depth answer from you to n'importe quel question
j'avais, and for this, I would like to thank you very much, this is by
no means self-evident.

Je suis très heureux que tu quittes 'seulement' le comité et pas toute
le mouvement Wikimédia and I'm looking forward to continued
collaboration with you!

With my very best regards,

Michael

--
Michael Bimmler

Re: A Great Big Thank You to Florence! (Was Re: Candidacy to the board of WMF)

Waerth
I have to agree with the other posters here.

Florence is one of the best persons to hit the foundation in it's young
life. She has a heart, she has patience and she has the determination. I
am really feeling sorry for the foundation to loose such a great Chair!
I hope we will find a good successor to her whom will show the same
dedication. Offcourse there were other great people as well, but I feel
that Florence is one of the few rocks in the waves that have been tested
and tried and held firm!

Thank you Florence! I hope you will enjoy a littlebit more peace and
quiet in your life ..... when will you be in Bangkok btw ;)

Regards .... the evil one .... Waerth

Re: A Great Big Thank You to Florence! (Was Re: Candidacy to the board of WMF)

Marco Chiesa
Mike Godwin ha scritto:

> I changed the subject header because it seems appropriate.
>
> Florence deserves an immense amount of credit and gratitude for her
> work in navigating the Foundation through its last two years of
> transition. I'm personally grateful to her for all the great work she
> has done, and for both the support and the critical eye she has
> offered in the course of this transition. I know that at times her
> position has been stressful, but, regardless of how hard the work has
> been, Florence unceasingly has dedicated herself 100 percent to the
> improvement of the Foundation and its projects, and to promoting the
> community and community values on which we all depend.
>
> I just wish I had a solid gold barnstar to give her.
>
> Thank you again, Florence. Merci beaucoup.
>

> --Mike

Thank you Anthere/Florence for all your work as a Board member. So many
things have happened in the last 4 years, in the Foundation and in the
projects, and I'm sure all your experience will light the way for the
future.
Good luck for your new projects, whatever they are I'm sure they'll be a
great success!!!

Marco (Cruccone)

Re: A Great Big Thank You to Florence! (Was Re: Candidacy to the board of WMF)

Marc Riddell
on 5/19/08 7:37 AM, Marco Chiesa at [hidden email] wrote:

> Thank you Anthere/Florence for all your work as a Board member. So many
> things have happened in the last 4 years, in the Foundation and in the
> projects, and I'm sure all your experience will light the way for the
> future.
> Good luck for your new projects, whatever they are I'm sure they'll be a
> great success!!!

Florence,

Douglas Adams wrote: "To give real service you must add something which
cannot be bought or measured with money, and that is sincerity and
integrity."

Your presence here has brought both.

Thank you,

Marc Riddell