A Wiktionarian in Residence

Noé Gasparini
Hello!

I am glad to inform you that the French Wiktionary hosts the first
Wiktionarian in Residence [, 1], Sebleouf!

This is a full-time position for a year, starting 2020 January 1st, in a
university, to participate in a on-going project called ''Dictionnaire des
francophones'' [2], leaded by the Ministry of Culture of France. It's an
open RDF-based lexicographic database gathering resources on French, mostly
description of varieties outside of France. I am in charge of this project
at the university level, head of development, sort of. I was hired en
September 2018 because of my experience in Wiktionary and I convinced my
funder and Wikimedia France to co-fund a ''in residence'' with several
goals:
* Fix some old templates and document them to facilitate the reuse of
Wiktionary content.
* Enhance the content with regional markers for definitions used around the
world.
* Support the activities of the university and specifically the host, the
''Institut international pour la Francophonie'' [International institute
for Francophonie], a compound of Université Lyon 3, based in Lyon, France.

And finally, some words about our great Wiktionarian in Residence.
[[User:Sebleouf]] is one of the most prolific and meticulous contributor of
French Wikipedia, a Commonist, an Open Food Facts board member,  and more.
I am glad he accepted this challenge, and to have him as a colleague. He
will contribute with a dedicated account, [[User:Seb en Résidence_(2IF)]]
[3].

We plan to do some reports but we may not translate them all in English in
the sake of time.

If you have any question, feel free to ask me or him!

Noé
[[User:Noé]]

[1] https://fr.wiktionary.org/wiki/Projet:Wiktionnariste_en_résidence
[2] https://2if.universite-lyon.fr/dictionnaire-des-francophones--84089.kjsp
[3] https://fr.wiktionary.org/wiki/Utilisateur:Seb_en_Résidence_(2IF)

Re: A Wiktionarian in Residence

balaji
Best wishes!!

On Tue, 7 Jan, 2020, 12:25 PM Noé Gasparini, <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I am glad to inform you that the French Wiktionary hosts the first
> Wiktionarian in Residence [, 1], Sebleouf!
>
> This is a full-time position for a year, starting 2020 January 1st, in a
> university, to participate in a on-going project called ''Dictionnaire des
> francophones'' [2], leaded by the Ministry of Culture of France. It's an
> open RDF-based lexicographic database gathering resources on French, mostly
> description of varieties outside of France. I am in charge of this project
> at the university level, head of development, sort of. I was hired en
> September 2018 because of my experience in Wiktionary and I convinced my
> funder and Wikimedia France to co-fund a ''in residence'' with several
> goals:
> * Fix some old templates and document them to facilitate the reuse of
> Wiktionary content.
> * Enhance the content with regional markers for definitions used around the
> world.
> * Support the activities of the university and specifically the host, the
> ''Institut international pour la Francophonie'' [International institute
> for Francophonie], a compound of Université Lyon 3, based in Lyon, France.
>
> And finally, some words about our great Wiktionarian in Residence.
> [[User:Sebleouf]] is one of the most prolific and meticulous contributor of
> French Wikipedia, a Commonist, an Open Food Facts board member,  and more.
> I am glad he accepted this challenge, and to have him as a colleague. He
> will contribute with a dedicated account, [[User:Seb en Résidence_(2IF)]]
> [3].
>
> We plan to do some reports but we may not translate them all in English in
> the sake of time.
>
> If you have any question, feel free to ask me or him!
>
> Noé
> [[User:Noé]]
>
> [1] https://fr.wiktionary.org/wiki/Projet:Wiktionnariste_en_résidence
> [2]
> https://2if.universite-lyon.fr/dictionnaire-des-francophones--84089.kjsp
> [3] https://fr.wiktionary.org/wiki/Utilisateur:Seb_en_Résidence_(2IF)

Re: A Wiktionarian in Residence

Jean-Philippe Béland
Merci Noé d'avoir pris le temps de partager cette nouvelle. J'ai hâte de
voir les résultats !

JP Béland aka Amqui