A new tool request - find a translator

Ryan Kaldari
Could someone write a tool that allows me to search for the most
recently active users on a certain project who speak a certain
language (or combination of languages) natively?

The user language categories seem to exist on most projects, so it
seem like you could use those:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:User_ja-N

Ryan Kaldari

Re: A new tool request - find a translator

Magnus Manske-2
There you go:
http://toolserver.org/~magnus/transparent.php

Magnus

On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 8:18 PM, Ryan Kaldari <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Could someone write a tool that allows me to search for the most
> recently active users on a certain project who speak a certain
> language (or combination of languages) natively?
>
> The user language categories seem to exist on most projects, so it
> seem like you could use those:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:User_ja-N
>
> Ryan Kaldari

Re: A new tool request - find a translator

Krinkle
See also:

Not all native speakers want to or can translate into their language from English,
but users in such category on translatewiki.net are more likely to be translators.

– Krinkle

2011/9/12 Ryan Kaldari <[hidden email]>
Could someone write a tool that allows me to search for the most
recently active users on a certain project who speak a certain
language (or combination of languages) natively?

The user language categories seem to exist on most projects, so it
seem like you could use those:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:User_ja-N

Ryan Kaldari

Re: A new tool request - find a translator

Jan Luca
Maybe you can use TS-I18N [1][2][3] to use translatewiki.net for translating
into many languages if you want this.

Best regards,
Jan

[1] https://translatewiki.net/wiki/Translating_talk:Toolserver
[2] http://toolserver.org/~intuition
[3] https://wiki.toolserver.org/view/Toolserver_Intuition

Re: A new tool request - find a translator

Ryan Kaldari
Thank you Magnus. This is exactly what I wanted!

Ryan Kaldari