A suggestion I have from the Urdu Wikipedia

A suggestion I have from the Urdu Wikipedia

Gerard Meijssen-3
Hoi,
The Urdu Wikipedia finished the "Wikimedia Mobile Interface" 24 messages. They did this before finishing the "most used" messages 469 messages. Their advantage is that the content of the Urdu Wikipedia is now available in a format that is more appropriate for mobiles ...

I do not know how much effect this will have for the traffic of the Urdu Wikipedia but it is an easy net gain.
Thanks,
     GerardM

Re: A suggestion I have from the Urdu Wikipedia

Srikanth Ramakrishnan
Umm.. Do we go to translatewiki to do this? I'd like to start off with Hindi ...

On 18 February 2010 19:03, Gerard Meijssen <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hoi,
The Urdu Wikipedia finished the "Wikimedia Mobile Interface" 24 messages. They did this before finishing the "most used" messages 469 messages. Their advantage is that the content of the Urdu Wikipedia is now available in a format that is more appropriate for mobiles ...

I do not know how much effect this will have for the traffic of the Urdu Wikipedia but it is an easy net gain.
Thanks,
     GerardM

Your friend in time,

Cherian/Srikanth/R/

Wikipedia on YOUR MIND? Join us on Twitter....

Re: A suggestion I have from the Urdu Wikipedia

Gerard Meijssen-3
Hoi,
Yes, you do localisation at translatewiki ...  :)
Thanks,
     GerardM

On 18 February 2010 18:09, Srikanth Ramakrishnan <[hidden email]> wrote:
Umm.. Do we go to translatewiki to do this? I'd like to start off with Hindi ...

On 18 February 2010 19:03, Gerard Meijssen <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hoi,
The Urdu Wikipedia finished the "Wikimedia Mobile Interface" 24 messages. They did this before finishing the "most used" messages 469 messages. Their advantage is that the content of the Urdu Wikipedia is now available in a format that is more appropriate for mobiles ...

I do not know how much effect this will have for the traffic of the Urdu Wikipedia but it is an easy net gain.
Thanks,
     GerardM

Your friend in time,

Cherian/Srikanth/R/

Wikipedia on YOUR MIND? Join us on Twitter....

Re: A suggestion I have from the Urdu Wikipedia

praveenp
Gerard Meijssen wrote:
Hoi,
Yes, you do localisation at translatewiki ...  :)
Thanks,
     GerardM

On 18 February 2010 18:09, Srikanth Ramakrishnan <[hidden email]> wrote:
Umm.. Do we go to translatewiki to do this? I'd like to start off with Hindi ...

ml.m.wikipedia.org shows Language Not Fully Supported. :(

Hindi and urdu mobile wikipedias have no featured article.  Is this a problem related to template names?

Re: A suggestion I have from the Urdu Wikipedia

Gerard Meijssen-3
Hoi,
I am not aware that it does ... just finish these messages and we will find out ... only 24 messages, we can ask the developer for advice :)
Thanks,
     GerardM

On 18 February 2010 18:44, Praveen Prakash <[hidden email]> wrote:
Gerard Meijssen wrote:
Hoi,
Yes, you do localisation at translatewiki ...  :)
Thanks,
     GerardM

On 18 February 2010 18:09, Srikanth Ramakrishnan <[hidden email]> wrote:
Umm.. Do we go to translatewiki to do this? I'd like to start off with Hindi ...

ml.m.wikipedia.org shows Language Not Fully Supported. :(

Hindi and urdu mobile wikipedias have no featured article.  Is this a problem related to template names?

Re: A suggestion I have from the Urdu Wikipedia

Casey Brown-5
On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 12:44 PM, Praveen Prakash <[hidden email]> wrote:
> ml.m.wikipedia.org shows Language Not Fully Supported. :(

"Language Not Fully Supported" just means that we don't have a
translation yet, but you *can* still search that Wikipedia. :-)

If you'd like to translate it into Malayalam, check out this page on
translatewiki: <http://translatewiki.net/wiki/Translating:Wikimedia_mobile>

--
Casey Brown
Cbrown1023

Casey Brown wrote:

> If you'd like to translate it into Malayalam, check out this page on
> translatewiki: <http://translatewiki.net/wiki/Translating:Wikimedia_mobile>

Afraid somebody has done this. ;-)

Re: A suggestion I have from the Urdu Wikipedia

Gerard Meijssen-3
Hoi,
So now we have to enable Malayam for Mobile :) I hope Hampton will let us know when this can be done.
Thanks,
     GerardM