A university partner for Wikimania

jmh649
Some academics need conferences to be sponsored by / associated with an
academic institution to receive time off and funding to attend conferences.
Is this something that Wikimania has ever attempted? Ie. having Wikimania
hosted by the local chapter plus a local University?

--
James Heilman
MD, CCFP-EM, Wikipedian

Re: A university partner for Wikimania

Ray Saintonge
On 03/25/12 12:34 PM, James Heilman wrote:
> Some academics need conferences to be sponsored by / associated with an
> academic institution to receive time off and funding to attend conferences.
> Is this something that Wikimania has ever attempted? Ie. having Wikimania
> hosted by the local chapter plus a local University?

Wikimania in 2006 was co-hosted by the Harvard Law School.

Ray

Re: A university partner for Wikimania

Lodewijk
And if memory serves me well 2007 was co-hosted by the Academica Sinica and
2008 by the Bibliotheca Alexandrina (which probably can be categorized
as academic albeit not university).

Kind regards,
Lodewijk

No dia 26 de Março de 2012 11:04, Ray Saintonge <[hidden email]>escreveu:

> On 03/25/12 12:34 PM, James Heilman wrote:
>
>> Some academics need conferences to be sponsored by / associated with an
>> academic institution to receive time off and funding to attend
>> conferences.
>> Is this something that Wikimania has ever attempted? Ie. having Wikimania
>> hosted by the local chapter plus a local University?
>>
>>  Wikimania in 2006 was co-hosted by the Harvard Law School.
>
> Ray

Re: A university partner for Wikimania

wheredevelsdare

WikiConference India 2011 was hosted at the University of Mumbai (paid venue rather than partners)