A wiki very simple (how to block some options ?)

A wiki very simple (how to block some options ?)

Sylvain Machefert
Hi !

I've been asked to create a website as simple as possible with :
- search
- only 2 or 3 users can add (or modify) content to pages
- probably 5 or 6 pages

I think I could use MediaWiki as I know how it works and how to create
extensions and special pages I'll need.

Is there a way to achieve the followings ?
- disable create account (just login), I (the sysop) will create the 2
accounts.
- remove links and disable Talk, edit, history, protect, delete, move,
except for sysop (me), the 2 users will have very simple pages, they are not
familiar with wiki and complex pages, they want very simple, I'll have these
functionnality in case of "emergency". I know how to change the Skin, but I
don't know how to really disable the page for not sysop, I don't want a
visitor who knows how works MediaWiki to see history.
- remove some special pages, give access to others (e.g.
Allmessage) only for me (sysop)

Thanks in advance,

Sylvain
jdd

Re: A wiki very simple (how to block some options ?)

jdd
iubito wrote:
> Hi !
>
> I've been asked to create a website as simple as possible with :

why use mediawiki for such a thing? I would better think of
other wiki flavor (like pmwiki), much simpler.

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net
http://lucien.dodin.net

Re: A wiki very simple (how to block some options ?)

Tim Neudecker
you can do this by editing the LocalSettings.php file

   #
   # Permission keys given to users in each group.
   # All users are implicitly in the '*' group including anonymous
visitors;
   # logged-in users are all implicitly in the 'user' group. These
will be
   # combined with the permissions of all groups that a given user is
listed
   # in in the user_groups table.
   #
   # This replaces wgWhitelistAccount and wgWhitelistEdit
   #
   # The following line should be commented, otherwise these settings
will
   # throw away the settings on DefaultSettings.php (you probably
don't want this).
   # With this line commented you will only overwrite the settings
you explicitly
   # define here (that's what you probably want).
   #$wgGroupPermissions = array();
   $wgGroupPermissions['*'    ]['createaccount']   = false;
   $wgGroupPermissions['*'    ]['read']            = true;
   $wgGroupPermissions['*'    ]['edit']            = false;

As for the other requests, I am unsure, I just installed my first
media wiki over the weekend so I too am very new to it.

--
Tim Neudecker      <mailto:[hidden email]>