AGM dates

joseph seddon
To help with the selection of dates for the AGM and OKCON, a doodle poll has been set up with
dates over the two weekends after easter (to avoid clashing with the easter holiday weekend).
Please choose the dates for you which think would be the best for you. The date with the highest
votes will be selected as the date for the agm and conference (pending on venue availability).

Doodle poll: http://doodle.com/ee8zhxnxgiv6xh5i

Joseph Seddon
Conferences Director

Use Hotmail to send and receive mail from your different email accounts. Find out how.

Re: AGM dates

Isabell Long
2009/9/11 joseph seddon <[hidden email]>:
> To help with the selection of dates for the AGM and OKCON, a doodle poll has
> been set up with
> dates over the two weekends after easter (to avoid clashing with the easter
> holiday weekend).
> Please choose the dates for you which think would be the best for you. The
> date with the highest
> votes will be selected as the date for the agm and conference (pending on
> venue availability).

I've just seen this after going through about four pages of my inbox.
I can't make a decision for dates in 2010 yet, my family is far too
unorganised for that, so I'll either fill in available dates nearer
the time or just go with whatever you decide.  :)

Isabell Long.  <[hidden email]>
[[User:Isabell121]] on all public Wikimedia projects.
Freenode Community Co-Ordinator - issyl0 on irc.freenode.net
PGP Key ID: 0xB6CA6840

Re: AGM dates

Al Tally
On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 7:11 PM, Isabell Long <[hidden email]> wrote:
2009/9/11 joseph seddon <[hidden email]>:
> To help with the selection of dates for the AGM and OKCON, a doodle poll has
> been set up with
> dates over the two weekends after easter (to avoid clashing with the easter
> holiday weekend).
> Please choose the dates for you which think would be the best for you. The
> date with the highest
> votes will be selected as the date for the agm and conference (pending on
> venue availability).

I can't make a decision for dates in 2010 yet...

Easter 010 is probably a little far away to decide for sure - I don't know what I'll be doing then, and am not sure how busy I'll be.

--
Alex
(User:Majorly)

Re: AGM dates

Al Tally
On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 7:18 PM, Al Tally <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 7:11 PM, Isabell Long <[hidden email]> wrote:
2009/9/11 joseph seddon <[hidden email]>:
> To help with the selection of dates for the AGM and OKCON, a doodle poll has
> been set up with
> dates over the two weekends after easter (to avoid clashing with the easter
> holiday weekend).
> Please choose the dates for you which think would be the best for you. The
> date with the highest
> votes will be selected as the date for the agm and conference (pending on
> venue availability).

I can't make a decision for dates in 2010 yet...

Easter 010 is probably a little far away to decide for sure - I don't know what I'll be doing then, and am not sure how busy I'll be.

Should say 2010... also, where is it going to be? That's the biggest factor for me.

--
Alex
(User:Majorly)

Re: AGM dates

Andrew Turvey
----- "Al Tally" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> also, where is it going to be? That's the biggest factor for me.

I think the idea was London - Seddon could you confirm?

Andrew

Re: AGM dates

brian.mcneil-2
> From: Andrew Turvey <[hidden email]>

> ----- "Al Tally" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > also, where is it going to be? That's the biggest factor for me.
>
> I think the idea was London - Seddon could you confirm?

Just a semi-idle question.

Once the membership grows somewhat would it be expected that future AGMs
would be held somewhere further north?

Brian.

Re: AGM dates

Al Tally
On Sat, Sep 26, 2009 at 12:44 PM, <[hidden email]> wrote:
> From: Andrew Turvey <[hidden email]>

> ----- "Al Tally" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > also, where is it going to be? That's the biggest factor for me.
>
> I think the idea was London - Seddon could you confirm?

Just a semi-idle question.

Once the membership grows somewhat would it be expected that future AGMs
would be held somewhere further north?

Brian.

The last was held in Manchester.

--
Alex
(User:Majorly)

Re: AGM dates

Michael Peel-2

On 26 Sep 2009, at 12:52, Al Tally wrote:

> On Sat, Sep 26, 2009 at 12:44 PM, <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > From: Andrew Turvey <[hidden email]>
>
> > ----- "Al Tally" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > also, where is it going to be? That's the biggest factor for me.
> >
> > I think the idea was London - Seddon could you confirm?
>
> Just a semi-idle question.
>
> Once the membership grows somewhat would it be expected that future
> AGMs
> would be held somewhere further north?
>

> Brian.
>
> The last was held in Manchester.

Perhaps we should hold one in Glasgow at some point? Or will that be
a little too far north?

Mike

Re: AGM dates

brian.mcneil-2
> From: Michael Peel <[hidden email]>

> On 26 Sep 2009, at 12:52, Al Tally wrote:
>
> > On Sat, Sep 26, 2009 at 12:44 PM, <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > From: Andrew Turvey <[hidden email]>

> > > I think the idea was London - Seddon could you confirm?
> >
> > Just a semi-idle question.
> >
> > Once the membership grows somewhat would it be expected that future
> > AGMs
> > would be held somewhere further north?

> > The last was held in Manchester.
>
> Perhaps we should hold one in Glasgow at some point? Or will that be
> a little too far north?

That'd suit me fine, I'm less than 30 miles away. And probably by the
time you did that I would have sorted out membership.

Brian.

Re: AGM dates

Thomas Dalton
2009/9/26  <[hidden email]>:

>> From: Andrew Turvey <[hidden email]>
>
>> ----- "Al Tally" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> > also, where is it going to be? That's the biggest factor for me.
>>
>> I think the idea was London - Seddon could you confirm?
>
> Just a semi-idle question.
>
> Once the membership grows somewhat would it be expected that future AGMs
> would be held somewhere further north?

The plan is to alternate between southern and northern locations each
year, I think. "North" probably means northern England and "South"
probably means London...