AMD petition

James Salsman-2
Please join me in asking AMD to open-source the PSP (backdoor) in
their chips -- a chance to regain secure x86 hardware.

https://www.change.org/p/advanced-micro-devices-amd-release-the-source-code-for-the-secure-processor-psp

Re: AMD petition

bawolff
With all due respect, and as much as I support things like this, this
is offtopic for wikitech-l.

--
Brian

On Mon, Mar 13, 2017 at 10:03 PM, James Salsman <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Please join me in asking AMD to open-source the PSP (backdoor) in
> their chips -- a chance to regain secure x86 hardware.
>
> https://www.change.org/p/advanced-micro-devices-amd-release-the-source-code-for-the-secure-processor-psp

Re: [Wikimedia-l] AMD petition

James Salsman-2
Recent leaks suggest almost all commercial x86 processors have been
compromised by closed-source back doors which enable eavesdropping and DRM
copy protection which in turn inhibits fair use.

On Mon, Mar 13, 2017 at 4:41 PM Lodewijk <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi Jim,
>
> Could you clarify the relationship with Wikimedia on this? I'm missing the
> link.
>
> Best,
> Lodewijk

> > Please join me in asking AMD to open-source the PSP (backdoor) in
> > their chips -- a chance to regain secure x86 hardware.
> >
> > https://www.change.org/p/advanced-micro-devices-amd-
> release-the-source-code-for-the-secure-processor-psp

Re: AMD petition

Chad
Brian is correct, this is off-topic. Let's please not continue this thread
here.

-Chad