API call permission denied when getting deleted revisions

API call permission denied when getting deleted revisions

Bowen Yu
Hi,

I am trying to fetch the deleted revisions of a page using API, but meet an error saying that "You don't have the permission to view a page's deleted history". I wonder if it is caused by my inappropriate operation, or just the feature has been blocked by Wikipedia? Thank you!

Re: API call permission denied when getting deleted revisions

Alex Monk
You generally need admin permissions to view that stuff. It's not an API-specific limitation.