AW: Fwd: Steuer-Abzug für Gemeinnützigkeit / tax deductibility for being non-profit

AW: Fwd: Steuer-Abzug für Gemeinnützigkeit / tax deductibility for being non-profit

Jürg Wolf
I don't see the problem with the post box as discussed in the thread:

a) Wikimedia CH is an internet focussed foundation. Therefore a permanent,
non-changing postal address is not that important than for a
non-internet-focussed foundation. We don't have printed mail paper we had to
change (or do we plan to have this?)

b) A postal address is only important for legal reasons (for "Einstweilige
Verfügungen" for example). In a legal case, the postal address has to be
verified every time it is used. But this address can be changed any time as it
is published on a Wiki page.

c) The postal address must not be identic with the seat of the foundation. So
these discussions should be separated.

d) This postal service costs 20 CHF per year. Sure it is convenient - but do we
expect that much "snail mail" to justify this amount?

e) The postal address as offered by "Die Post" is in our case more an image
issue (including the discussion about the image of the destination city) than a
needed feature. If the president would be overwhelmed by snail mail we can
consider this offering any time.

I would prefer to define the foundation seat by evaluating the most interesting
canton by economic and legal reasons.

Jürg

Re: Fwd: Steuer-Abzug für Gemeinnützigkeit / tax deductibility for being non-profit

Michael Bimmler
2006/1/16, [hidden email] <[hidden email]>:
> I don't see the problem with the post box as discussed in the thread:
>
> a) Wikimedia CH is an internet focussed foundation. Therefore a permanent,
> non-changing postal address is not that important than for a
> non-internet-focussed foundation. We don't have printed mail paper we had to
> change (or do we plan to have this?)

Hm, I don't think, that we can exist without any "offline-mail". E.g.
if someones applies for membership, he has to do this in written form,
as it is then a "Vertrag", which wouldn't be legally binding
otherwise. And we need to send him then a written confirmation (afaik
and ianal). So we can do a lot by mails/wiki but i'm quite sure not
everything
ad the rest of you post: I don't think that there's gonna be so much
post, but just consider the planned Wikipedia Day which *might* lead
to some amount of "offline mail".
Regards
Michael

Re: Fwd: Steuer-Abzug für Gemeinnützigkeit / tax deductibility for being non-profit

Jürg Wolf
I see your point.

But at least in the beginning, the "Spezielle Vereinsadresse" won't be an
"extremly necessary thing". Of course, a "offline-mail" is important -
especially for contracts. But all they can be done via a normal mail to the
address mentioned on the respective page in the internet.

Jürg

Zitat von Michael Bimmler <[hidden email]>:

> 2006/1/16, [hidden email] <[hidden email]>:
> > I don't see the problem with the post box as discussed in the thread:
> >
> > a) Wikimedia CH is an internet focussed foundation. Therefore a permanent,
> > non-changing postal address is not that important than for a
> > non-internet-focussed foundation. We don't have printed mail paper we had
> > change (or do we plan to have this?)
> >
> Hm, I don't think, that we can exist without any "offline-mail". E.g.
> if someones applies for membership, he has to do this in written form,
> as it is then a "Vertrag", which wouldn't be legally binding
> otherwise. And we need to send him then a written confirmation (afaik
> and ianal). So we can do a lot by mails/wiki but i'm quite sure not
> everything
> ad the rest of you post: I don't think that there's gonna be so much
> post, but just consider the planned Wikipedia Day which *might* lead
> to some amount of "offline mail".
> Regards
> Michael

Re: Fwd: Steuer-Abzug für Gemeinnützigkeit / tax deductibility for being non-profit

Delphine Ménard
On 1/16/06, Michael Bimmler <[hidden email]> wrote:

> 2006/1/16, [hidden email] <[hidden email]>:
> > I don't see the problem with the post box as discussed in the thread:
> >
> > a) Wikimedia CH is an internet focussed foundation. Therefore a permanent,
> > non-changing postal address is not that important than for a
> > non-internet-focussed foundation. We don't have printed mail paper we had to
> > change (or do we plan to have this?)
> >
> Hm, I don't think, that we can exist without any "offline-mail". E.g.
> if someones applies for membership, he has to do this in written form,
> as it is then a "Vertrag", which wouldn't be legally binding
> otherwise. And we need to send him then a written confirmation (afaik
> and ianal). So we can do a lot by mails/wiki but i'm quite sure not
> everything
> ad the rest of you post: I don't think that there's gonna be so much
> post, but just consider the planned Wikipedia Day which *might* lead
> to some amount of "offline mail".

I am positive you cannot exist without a snail-mail address, whether
it is a postbox or a real address. Just think of legal claims coming
your way... + people who'd rather send a check or want to send you
cookies, or whatever...

Delphine
--
~notafish

Zitat von Delphine Ménard <[hidden email]>:

> On 1/16/06, Michael Bimmler <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > 2006/1/16, [hidden email] <[hidden email]>:
> > > I don't see the problem with the post box as discussed in the thread:
> > >
> > > a) Wikimedia CH is an internet focussed foundation. Therefore a
> permanent,
> > > non-changing postal address is not that important than for a
> > > non-internet-focussed foundation. We don't have printed mail paper we had
> > > change (or do we plan to have this?)
> > >
> > Hm, I don't think, that we can exist without any "offline-mail". E.g.
> > if someones applies for membership, he has to do this in written form,
> > as it is then a "Vertrag", which wouldn't be legally binding
> > otherwise. And we need to send him then a written confirmation (afaik
> > and ianal). So we can do a lot by mails/wiki but i'm quite sure not
> > everything
> > ad the rest of you post: I don't think that there's gonna be so much
> > post, but just consider the planned Wikipedia Day which *might* lead
> > to some amount of "offline mail".
>

> I am positive you cannot exist without a snail-mail address, whether
> it is a postbox or a real address. Just think of legal claims coming
> your way... + people who'd rather send a check or want to send you
> cookies, or whatever...
>
> Delphine
> --
> ~notafish

I think also that we definitely need a snail-mail address. But the topic is
about a _special_ mail address. But for the start, I think a "normal" post
address is enough (especially for the expected cookies...)
If there were too much cookies for the holder of the post box, I expect we can
get one of those special "Vereinsadresse".

Jürg

Error in name of the mailing list

Jürg Wolf
Just if someone has the time to do it:

The name of the mailinlist seems to have a small error in it:
   Mailing list for Wikimedia Swizerland <[hidden email]>

I suggest to complete "Swizerland" with the omitted "T"

Or do we want to attract the dutch people with this kind of spelling..? ;-)

Jürg

Re: Error in name of the mailing list

Michael Bimmler
Actually Wikimedia Switzerland is "old" anyway, I changed it to
Wikimedia CH according to bylaws.
2006/1/23, Jürg Wolf <[hidden email]>:

> Just if someone has the time to do it:
>
> The name of the mailinlist seems to have a small error in it:
>    Mailing list for Wikimedia Swizerland <[hidden email]>
>
> I suggest to complete "Swizerland" with the omitted "T"
>
> Or do we want to attract the dutch people with this kind of spelling..? ;-)
>
> Jürg

An eternity is very, very long, especially towards the end