Quantcast

About: Ras Nas release a new music and poetry CD - Double Focus article at WikiNews

About: Ras Nas release a new music and poetry CD - Double Focus article at WikiNews

Kongoi Productions

Dear Editor/Whom it may concern,

I submitted an article today “Ras Nas release a new music and poetry CD - Double Focus” at WikiNews but to my dismay, the story was removed with a claim that I have infringed copyright laws. What I do not understand is, I am the owner of Kongoi Productions (where the story originated) and thus I do not need to ask for any permission to reuse the story. In addition, I am also the artist of whose work is being referred!  I really do not see how I could infringe copyright laws here.

I hope this mail will help settle the matter and that the article in question gets reprinted for the good of both parties concerned.

Obs! I have also tried to use the talk page.

Best regards,

Nasibu Mwanukuzi aka Ras Nas

CEO

Kongoi Productions

www.kongoi.com

+47 41 62 89 37

Re: About: Ras Nas release a new music and poetry CD - Double Focus article at WikiNews

brian.mcneil-2
On Tue, 2009-11-24 at 00:24 +0100, Kongoi Productions wrote:
> Dear Editor/Whom it may concern,

Note, this user has not subscribed to the list; please CC them where
appropriate.

--
Brian McNeil <[hidden email]>
http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/Brian_McNeil

Re: About: Ras Nas release a new music and poetry CD - Double Focus article at WikiNews

Jon Davis-5
Howdy.
If you're the owner of the company, fine, then it isn't a copyright violation.  Unfortunately Wikinews does no accept Press Releases, which this obviously is.  Additionally, Wikinews requires a Neutral Point Of View.  Something you wrote as the owner and artist, is obviously anything but Neutral.

-Jon

On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 15:24, Kongoi Productions <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Jon
[[User:ShakataGaNai]]
http://snowulf.com/ - Blog
http://snowulf.imagekind.com/ - Pictures
This has been a test of the emergency sig system.

Re: About: Ras Nas release a new music and poetry CD - Double Focus article at WikiNews

brian.mcneil-2
Nasibu,

I was curt and rather blunt; however, there are a very large number of
websites that will freely carry a press release or other promotional
article you wish to distribute. That is not Wikinews.

I placed a welcoming template on your user talk page very shortly after
you signed up for an account. Please read this. In particular, the
following two links:

http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/WN:ARTICLE
http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/WN:NPOV

As you have done your best to confirm you are the copyright holder on
what you would have liked published, one of the other Wikinews regular
contributors has reviewed it. It has failed this review; again, I refer
you to the above two links.

As a last point which particularly annoys me; the website is Wikinews,
the "n" in the middle is not capitalised.

Please continue any discussion of this issue on the wiki.

--
Brian McNeil <[hidden email]>
http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/Brian_McNeil
Content of this message in no way represents the opinions or official
position of the Wikimedia Foundation or any of its projects.

Re: About: Ras Nas release a new music and poetry CD - Double Focus article at WikiNews

markon_26
I am huge fan of Robert Frost so everywhere I always mentioned him at first position in best poets list. You can also share your favorite poet’s information here. I will love to read more about other poets also.