About characters

Effe iets anders
Hi all,

is it *please* possible to stay civil to eachother? Is it *please* possible
to keep the discussion on the main points? When you are unable to agree with
eachother you can start calling eachother names, and saying the other one
does so, you can also either try to find a solution suitable for both,
either a compromize either just accept that you disagree. These long threads
are disruptive for this list, especially as more and more emails are about
how people are, and not about the subject. I think very little people will
stay reading this, but will also not read anymore the subjects that actually
*do* have a relevant discussion as in talking about the subject. Please dont
be distructive to eachother, and respect that people can sometimes have
another opinion, and if they are not able to be persuiated, dont go on for
ever on this list, but find other methods.

Effeietsanders

2006/12/22, Bryan Tong Minh <[hidden email]>:

> I fully understand it isn't. The point I wanted to make, but
> formulated rather impolite was that hatred will never be solved by
> hatred. It has been shown in the past, and will be shown in the
> future. I will abstain from any further comments regarding this
> thread, as it is its nature to grow into a flamewar.
>
> Bryan
>
> On 12/22/06, Gerard Meijssen <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hoi Bryan,
> > It is not polite nor helpful to say that someone is "immature and
> > moreover a hypocrite". The only result is that you inflame the situation
> > even more. It is bad as it is.
> > Thanks,
> >      GerardM
> >

> > Bryan Tong Minh schreef:
> > > * Don't disrupt Wikipedia to prove a point
> > >
> > > Let me myself add something: You're hate for anglosaxon related
> > > subjects is disconcerning. Your prejudgment prevents any constructive
> > > discussion.  You have just proven yourself to be immature and moreover
> > > a hypocrite. Please notice that your comments are in no way helpful,
> > > and prevents any further discussion.
> > >
> > > Bryan

> user

> people

> http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikipedia:Username&curid=168684&diff=95920637&oldid=95900078

> some

> suggestions

> across
> policy

> bruised
> been
> seriously
> continues
> and

Re: About characters

Kat Walsh
On 12/22/06, effe iets anders <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> is it *please* possible to stay civil to eachother? Is it *please* possible
> to keep the discussion on the main points? When you are unable to agree with
> eachother you can start calling eachother names, and saying the other one
> does so, you can also either try to find a solution suitable for both,
> either a compromize either just accept that you disagree. These long threads
> are disruptive for this list, especially as more and more emails are about
> how people are, and not about the subject. I think very little people will
> stay reading this, but will also not read anymore the subjects that actually
> *do* have a relevant discussion as in talking about the subject. Please dont
> be distructive to eachother, and respect that people can sometimes have
> another opinion, and if they are not able to be persuiated, dont go on for
> ever on this list, but find other methods.

Thank you. I agree.

-Kat

--
Wikimedia needs you: http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Fundraising

Re: About characters

David Strauss-4
I concur as well. The current discussions on this list are wholly
unbecoming of people working anywhere, and especially not at the core of
Wikimedia. I'm not just talking about the grandparent post.

David Strauss