About the catastrophy in Japan

Juliana da Costa José-2
Hi, I am working temporarly with Aphaia from Kanzai and did not hear
from her the last days.

Dear Aphaia and all Wikim/pedians in Japan, I hope that everything is
ok with you, your family and friends!
I am an atheist, but if there is a god, I hope he or she will
protected you all from the earthquakes, the Tsunami and the immenent
nuclear-danger!

Take care!

Juliana

Re: About the catastrophy in Japan

Casey Brown-5
2011/3/11 Juliana da Costa José <[hidden email]>:
> Hi, I am working temporarly with Aphaia from Kanzai and did not hear
> from her the last days.

Naoko mentioned on another list that she was safe and that (I think)
all of the other Japanese Wikimedians that they contacted were fine
too.  It's almost 08:00 JST, so I expect most of them to be coming
online and giving updates soon. :-)

--
Casey Brown
Cbrown1023

Re: About the catastrophy in Japan

Juliana da Costa José-2
Thank you so much Casey! Let´s hope the best!

Juliana

2011/3/11, Casey Brown <[hidden email]>:

> 2011/3/11 Juliana da Costa José <[hidden email]>:
>> Hi, I am working temporarly with Aphaia from Kanzai and did not hear
>> from her the last days.
>
> Naoko mentioned on another list that she was safe and that (I think)
> all of the other Japanese Wikimedians that they contacted were fine
> too.  It's almost 08:00 JST, so I expect most of them to be coming
> online and giving updates soon. :-)
>
> --
> Casey Brown
> Cbrown1023

Re: About the catastrophy in Japan

KIZU Naoko
Thank you Juliana and Casey, I am safe. My family too. I'd love to
appreciate all supports, concerns and courage expressed both publicly
and privately from Wikimedians in all corners.

All members of Wikimedians in Kansai are safe. I had contact with each
of them. We are in a remote area from the epicenter, so not affected.
Things however look really a mess and sorry to hear. I hope best in
all in suffered areas, particularly in Tohoku region.

As Casey said, all of confirmed info on individual Wikimedians in
Japan are fine at this moment including Takashi Ota, Miya,
Aokomoriuta, Kzhr and Carkuni.
We have not heard from some active Wikimedians recently, but since
troubles in public services including communications, electricity and
public transportation are reported, it is understandable. I heard some
personal troubles from the people in suffered areas and hoe them all
the best.

In general I think our curiosity need patience for a while: from my
own experience in Kobe Great Earthquake it takes days to grasp the
whole ongoing incidents.

Thank you for your wishes and prayer, Japanese Wikimedians are so
active to write on the quake and upload some photos to Commons. We
need more time to handle things, but I hope we all are so fine that
provide good reports on the quake.

Best,

On Sat, Mar 12, 2011 at 7:39 AM, Casey Brown <[hidden email]> wrote:

> 2011/3/11 Juliana da Costa José <[hidden email]>:
>> Hi, I am working temporarly with Aphaia from Kanzai and did not hear
>> from her the last days.
>
> Naoko mentioned on another list that she was safe and that (I think)
> all of the other Japanese Wikimedians that they contacted were fine
> too.  It's almost 08:00 JST, so I expect most of them to be coming
> online and giving updates soon. :-)
>
> --
> Casey Brown
> Cbrown1023

KIZU Naoko / 木津尚子
member of Wikimedians in Kansai  / 関西ウィキメディアユーザ会 http://kansai.wikimedia.jp

Re: About the catastrophy in Japan

Mohamed Ibrahim
I'm glad you're safe and hope that we get confirmation of the well-being of
all wikimedians around Japan.
please keep us informed.

Best wishes,
Mido