Acceptance of proposal for Wikimania

Cristian Consonni
Hi all,

according to this page[1] acceptance of proposal for Wikimania session
should have been sent out on April, 30th.

Since I have made a submission[2] I was wondering if I may have missed
some e-mails (including rejection e-mails, eventually). The
schedule[3] does not give any additional information at the moment.

Maybe the process of proposal approval is late? Do other people having
submitted their proposal have some info? Is it just me?

Thanks and ciao,

[1] https://wikimania2014.wikimedia.org/wiki/Submissions
[2] https://wikimania2014.wikimedia.org/wiki/Submissions/The_encyclopedia_and_the_map:_How_Wikipedia_and_OpenStreetMap_can_collaborate
[3] https://wikimania2014.wikimedia.org/wiki/Schedule

Re: Acceptance of proposal for Wikimania

Edward Saperia-3
Hi all,

A completed proposal for the programme is being reviewed by the programme committee, and we hope to start sending out acceptances very soon. Apologies for the delay and poor communication - I'll update the submissions page.

Edward Saperia
Chief Coordinator Wikimania London
[hidden email]  facebook  twitter  07796955572
133-135 Bethnal Green Road, E2 7DG

On 27 May 2014 15:07, Cristian Consonni <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

according to this page[1] acceptance of proposal for Wikimania session
should have been sent out on April, 30th.

Since I have made a submission[2] I was wondering if I may have missed
some e-mails (including rejection e-mails, eventually). The
schedule[3] does not give any additional information at the moment.

Maybe the process of proposal approval is late? Do other people having
submitted their proposal have some info? Is it just me?

Thanks and ciao,

[1] https://wikimania2014.wikimedia.org/wiki/Submissions
[2] https://wikimania2014.wikimedia.org/wiki/Submissions/The_encyclopedia_and_the_map:_How_Wikipedia_and_OpenStreetMap_can_collaborate
[3] https://wikimania2014.wikimedia.org/wiki/Schedule

Re: Acceptance of proposal for Wikimania

Cristian Consonni
> A completed proposal for the programme is being reviewed by the programme
> committee, and we hope to start sending out acceptances very soon. Apologies
> for the delay and poor communication - I'll update the submissions page.

Thanks for the update, Ed!

Re: Acceptance of proposal for Wikimania

HaeB
Somebody else has now helpfully updated the April 30 date at
https://wikimania2014.wikimedia.org/wiki/Submissions to read "Delayed
until June".

Regards, HaeB (T. Bayer)

> Hi all,
>
> A completed proposal for the programme is being reviewed by the programme
> committee, and we hope to start sending out acceptances very soon. Apologies
> for the delay and poor communication - I'll update the submissions page.
>
> Edward Saperia
> Chief Coordinator Wikimania London
> email • facebook • twitter • 07796955572
> 133-135 Bethnal Green Road, E2 7DG
>

> On 27 May 2014 15:07, Cristian Consonni <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> according to this page[1] acceptance of proposal for Wikimania session
>> should have been sent out on April, 30th.
>>
>> Since I have made a submission[2] I was wondering if I may have missed
>> some e-mails (including rejection e-mails, eventually). The
>> schedule[3] does not give any additional information at the moment.
>>
>> Maybe the process of proposal approval is late? Do other people having
>> submitted their proposal have some info? Is it just me?
>>
>> Thanks and ciao,

>> [1] https://wikimania2014.wikimedia.org/wiki/Submissions
>> [2]
>> https://wikimania2014.wikimedia.org/wiki/Submissions/The_encyclopedia_and_the_map:_How_Wikipedia_and_OpenStreetMap_can_collaborate
>> [3] https://wikimania2014.wikimedia.org/wiki/Schedule

Re: Acceptance of proposal for Wikimania

Hay (Husky)
Any news on the acceptances?

-- Hay

On Thu, May 29, 2014 at 4:23 PM, HaeB <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Somebody else has now helpfully updated the April 30 date at
> https://wikimania2014.wikimedia.org/wiki/Submissions to read "Delayed
> until June".
>
> Regards, HaeB (T. Bayer)

>> Hi all,
>>
>> A completed proposal for the programme is being reviewed by the programme
>> committee, and we hope to start sending out acceptances very soon. Apologies
>> for the delay and poor communication - I'll update the submissions page.
>>
>> Edward Saperia
>> Chief Coordinator Wikimania London
>> email • facebook • twitter • 07796955572
>> 133-135 Bethnal Green Road, E2 7DG
>>

>> On 27 May 2014 15:07, Cristian Consonni <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> according to this page[1] acceptance of proposal for Wikimania session
>>> should have been sent out on April, 30th.
>>>
>>> Since I have made a submission[2] I was wondering if I may have missed
>>> some e-mails (including rejection e-mails, eventually). The
>>> schedule[3] does not give any additional information at the moment.
>>>
>>> Maybe the process of proposal approval is late? Do other people having
>>> submitted their proposal have some info? Is it just me?
>>>
>>> Thanks and ciao,

>>> [1] https://wikimania2014.wikimedia.org/wiki/Submissions
>>> [2]
>>> https://wikimania2014.wikimedia.org/wiki/Submissions/The_encyclopedia_and_the_map:_How_Wikipedia_and_OpenStreetMap_can_collaborate
>>> [3] https://wikimania2014.wikimedia.org/wiki/Schedule

Re: Acceptance of proposal for Wikimania

Chris McKenna-2
I believe that most of the first choice acceptance notices were sent out very late Sunday night/very early Monday morning (UK time), but that messages to those who have not been selected have not been sent yet as some first choice speakers may not be able to make it (scholarships, visa issues, etc).

I don't know the timescale for the process (I'm not involved in the programme committee at all), but I would imagine that you would hear definitively shortly.

Chris

On 3 June 2014 09:29, Hay (Husky) <[hidden email]> wrote:
Any news on the acceptances?

-- Hay

On Thu, May 29, 2014 at 4:23 PM, HaeB <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Somebody else has now helpfully updated the April 30 date at
> https://wikimania2014.wikimedia.org/wiki/Submissions to read "Delayed
> until June".
>
> Regards, HaeB (T. Bayer)

>> Hi all,
>>
>> A completed proposal for the programme is being reviewed by the programme
>> committee, and we hope to start sending out acceptances very soon. Apologies
>> for the delay and poor communication - I'll update the submissions page.
>>
>> Edward Saperia
>> Chief Coordinator Wikimania London
>> email • facebook • twitter • 07796955572
>> 133-135 Bethnal Green Road, E2 7DG
>>

>> On 27 May 2014 15:07, Cristian Consonni <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> according to this page[1] acceptance of proposal for Wikimania session
>>> should have been sent out on April, 30th.
>>>
>>> Since I have made a submission[2] I was wondering if I may have missed
>>> some e-mails (including rejection e-mails, eventually). The
>>> schedule[3] does not give any additional information at the moment.
>>>
>>> Maybe the process of proposal approval is late? Do other people having
>>> submitted their proposal have some info? Is it just me?
>>>
>>> Thanks and ciao,

>>> [1] https://wikimania2014.wikimedia.org/wiki/Submissions
>>> [2]
>>> https://wikimania2014.wikimedia.org/wiki/Submissions/The_encyclopedia_and_the_map:_How_Wikipedia_and_OpenStreetMap_can_collaborate
>>> [3] https://wikimania2014.wikimedia.org/wiki/Schedule

Chris McKenna
Wikimania 2014 Support
Wikimedia UK
[hidden email]

tel: +44 (0) 20 7065 0990

Wikimedia UK is a Charitable Company registered in England and Wales.
Registered Company No. 6741827. Registered Charity No.1144513.
Registered Office: 4th Floor, Development House, 56-64 Leonard Street, London EC2A 4LT. United Kingdom.

Wikimedia UK is the UK chapter of a global Wikimedia movement. The Wikimedia projects are run by the Wikimedia Foundation (who operate Wikipedia, amongst other projects).
Wikimedia UK is an independent non-profit charity with no legal control over Wikipedia nor responsibility for its contents.

Re: Acceptance of proposal for Wikimania

Lodewijk
Hi Chris,

so that means that if you did not receive an email yet, you're either not selected, or second choice/unlikely to be selected?

Thanks for the info,

Lodewijk

> [...]

>>> [3] https://wikimania2014.wikimedia.org/wiki/Schedule

Chris McKenna
Wikimania 2014 Support
Wikimedia UK
[hidden email]

tel: +44 (0) 20 7065 0990

Wikimedia UK is a Charitable Company registered in England and Wales.
Registered Company No. 6741827. Registered Charity No.1144513.
Registered Office: 4th Floor, Development House, 56-64 Leonard Street, London EC2A 4LT. United Kingdom.

Wikimedia UK is the UK chapter of a global Wikimedia movement. The Wikimedia projects are run by the Wikimedia Foundation (who operate Wikipedia, amongst other projects).
Wikimedia UK is an independent non-profit charity with no legal control over Wikipedia nor responsibility for its contents.

Re: Acceptance of proposal for Wikimania

My knowledge is all second hand, and partly inferred, but your interpretation is most likely correct. I have no feel for how many second choices will be invited.

Chris

On 3 June 2014 11:01, Lodewijk <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

Chris McKenna
Wikimania 2014 Support
Wikimedia UK
[hidden email]

tel: +44 (0) 20 7065 0990

Wikimedia UK is a Charitable Company registered in England and Wales.
Registered Company No. 6741827. Registered Charity No.1144513.
Registered Office: 4th Floor, Development House, 56-64 Leonard Street, London EC2A 4LT. United Kingdom.

Wikimedia UK is the UK chapter of a global Wikimedia movement. The Wikimedia projects are run by the Wikimedia Foundation (who operate Wikipedia, amongst other projects).
Wikimedia UK is an independent non-profit charity with no legal control over Wikipedia nor responsibility for its contents.

Re: Acceptance of proposal for Wikimania

The first round of submission acceptances was sent out on Sunday night. Acceptees have 3 days to reply with confirmation, or they are considered withdrawn, and second choice acceptances go out to replace them. This process continues until the entire programme is confirmed.

If you haven't received an acceptance do not despair just yet, there may be quite a few second choices as many submissions were dependent on scholarships. It's hard to say at this stage how many will withdraw.

As confirmations come in, they are added to the programme page on the wiki: https://wikimania2014.wikimedia.org/wiki/Programme

If you have any questions about the programme don't hesitate to ask me. However, I won't be making any alterations until after the programme is confirmed.

Average first choice score was something like 8.93/10, I think we have an excellent programme to look forward to!

Edward Saperia
Chief Coordinator Wikimania London
[hidden email]  facebook  twitter  07796955572
133-135 Bethnal Green Road, E2 7DG

On 3 June 2014 09:29, Hay (Husky) <[hidden email]> wrote:
Any news on the acceptances?

-- Hay

On Thu, May 29, 2014 at 4:23 PM, HaeB <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Somebody else has now helpfully updated the April 30 date at
> https://wikimania2014.wikimedia.org/wiki/Submissions to read "Delayed
> until June".
>
> Regards, HaeB (T. Bayer)

>> Hi all,
>>
>> A completed proposal for the programme is being reviewed by the programme
>> committee, and we hope to start sending out acceptances very soon. Apologies
>> for the delay and poor communication - I'll update the submissions page.
>>
>> Edward Saperia
>> Chief Coordinator Wikimania London
>> email • facebook • twitter • <a href="tel:07796955572" value="+447796955572">07796955572
>> 133-135 Bethnal Green Road, E2 7DG
>>

>> On 27 May 2014 15:07, Cristian Consonni <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> according to this page[1] acceptance of proposal for Wikimania session
>>> should have been sent out on April, 30th.
>>>
>>> Since I have made a submission[2] I was wondering if I may have missed
>>> some e-mails (including rejection e-mails, eventually). The
>>> schedule[3] does not give any additional information at the moment.
>>>
>>> Maybe the process of proposal approval is late? Do other people having
>>> submitted their proposal have some info? Is it just me?
>>>
>>> Thanks and ciao,

>>> [1] https://wikimania2014.wikimedia.org/wiki/Submissions
>>> [2]
>>> https://wikimania2014.wikimedia.org/wiki/Submissions/The_encyclopedia_and_the_map:_How_Wikipedia_and_OpenStreetMap_can_collaborate
>>> [3] https://wikimania2014.wikimedia.org/wiki/Schedule

Re: Acceptance of proposal for Wikimania

Edward at Logic Museum
>>Average first choice score was something like 8.93/10, I think we have an excellent programme to look forward to!

I was intrigued by this.  If you rank the 400-odd submissions according to that average score, you get a very wide dispersion. Some of the ones accepted ranked lower than 200. What was the rationale for picking these? You can do the same with 'interested attendees'.  Again, some submissions with only 2 or 3 such attendees were accepted.  In fact, if you make a binary sort on ranking<90 (i.e. ranking less than the 90-odd submissions accepted) plus interested attendees < 10, it turns out that about a quarter of the accepted submissions fell into that category. Some were extreme outliers.

Of course you can use whatever selection criteria you want, but it seems odd not to make them public. Do you mind my asking what the actual criteria were?

The other Ed

On 03/06/2014 12:11, Edward Saperia wrote:
The first round of submission acceptances was sent out on Sunday night. Acceptees have 3 days to reply with confirmation, or they are considered withdrawn, and second choice acceptances go out to replace them. This process continues until the entire programme is confirmed.

If you haven't received an acceptance do not despair just yet, there may be quite a few second choices as many submissions were dependent on scholarships. It's hard to say at this stage how many will withdraw.

As confirmations come in, they are added to the programme page on the wiki: https://wikimania2014.wikimedia.org/wiki/Programme

If you have any questions about the programme don't hesitate to ask me. However, I won't be making any alterations until after the programme is confirmed.

Average first choice score was something like 8.93/10, I think we have an excellent programme to look forward to!

Edward Saperia
Chief Coordinator Wikimania London
[hidden email]  facebook  twitter  07796955572
133-135 Bethnal Green Road, E2 7DG

On 3 June 2014 09:29, Hay (Husky) <[hidden email]> wrote:
Any news on the acceptances?

-- Hay

On Thu, May 29, 2014 at 4:23 PM, HaeB <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Somebody else has now helpfully updated the April 30 date at
> https://wikimania2014.wikimedia.org/wiki/Submissions to read "Delayed
> until June".
>
> Regards, HaeB (T. Bayer)

>> Hi all,
>>
>> A completed proposal for the programme is being reviewed by the programme
>> committee, and we hope to start sending out acceptances very soon. Apologies
>> for the delay and poor communication - I'll update the submissions page.
>>
>> Edward Saperia
>> Chief Coordinator Wikimania London
>> email • facebook • twitter • <a moz-do-not-send="true" href="tel:07796955572" value="+447796955572">07796955572
>> 133-135 Bethnal Green Road, E2 7DG
>>

>> On 27 May 2014 15:07, Cristian Consonni <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> according to this page[1] acceptance of proposal for Wikimania session
>>> should have been sent out on April, 30th.
>>>
>>> Since I have made a submission[2] I was wondering if I may have missed
>>> some e-mails (including rejection e-mails, eventually). The
>>> schedule[3] does not give any additional information at the moment.
>>>
>>> Maybe the process of proposal approval is late? Do other people having
>>> submitted their proposal have some info? Is it just me?
>>>
>>> Thanks and ciao,

>>> [1] https://wikimania2014.wikimedia.org/wiki/Submissions
>>> [2]
>>> https://wikimania2014.wikimedia.org/wiki/Submissions/The_encyclopedia_and_the_map:_How_Wikipedia_and_OpenStreetMap_can_collaborate
>>> [3] https://wikimania2014.wikimedia.org/wiki/Schedule

Re: Acceptance of proposal for Wikimania

Edward Saperia-3
They were sorted into categories (wikimedia, technology, free culture, etc), and slots were apportioned by approximately how many high ranking (>8) submissions there were in each category. The idea was to provide a good programme for a diversity of interests.

I had to make a couple of judgement calls, especially on sessions that asked for a longer slot. How you compare a one hour session rated 8.6 to two 30 minute sessions rated 8.4?

Bear in mind the ranking system isn't perfect; it's hard to rank consistently across 500 items, and the difference between an 8.4 and an 8.6 is just noise, really. Anything above 8 is already a "strong accept"!

On 3 June 2014 19:45, edward <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>Average first choice score was something like 8.93/10, I think we have an excellent programme to look forward to!

I was intrigued by this.  If you rank the 400-odd submissions according to that average score, you get a very wide dispersion. Some of the ones accepted ranked lower than 200. What was the rationale for picking these? You can do the same with 'interested attendees'.  Again, some submissions with only 2 or 3 such attendees were accepted.  In fact, if you make a binary sort on ranking<90 (i.e. ranking less than the 90-odd submissions accepted) plus interested attendees < 10, it turns out that about a quarter of the accepted submissions fell into that category. Some were extreme outliers.

Of course you can use whatever selection criteria you want, but it seems odd not to make them public. Do you mind my asking what the actual criteria were?

The other Ed

On 03/06/2014 12:11, Edward Saperia wrote:
The first round of submission acceptances was sent out on Sunday night. Acceptees have 3 days to reply with confirmation, or they are considered withdrawn, and second choice acceptances go out to replace them. This process continues until the entire programme is confirmed.

If you haven't received an acceptance do not despair just yet, there may be quite a few second choices as many submissions were dependent on scholarships. It's hard to say at this stage how many will withdraw.

As confirmations come in, they are added to the programme page on the wiki: https://wikimania2014.wikimedia.org/wiki/Programme

If you have any questions about the programme don't hesitate to ask me. However, I won't be making any alterations until after the programme is confirmed.

Average first choice score was something like 8.93/10, I think we have an excellent programme to look forward to!

Edward Saperia
Chief Coordinator Wikimania London
[hidden email]  facebook  twitter  <a href="tel:07796955572" value="+447796955572" target="_blank">07796955572
133-135 Bethnal Green Road, E2 7DG

On 3 June 2014 09:29, Hay (Husky) <[hidden email]> wrote:
Any news on the acceptances?

-- Hay

On Thu, May 29, 2014 at 4:23 PM, HaeB <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Somebody else has now helpfully updated the April 30 date at
> https://wikimania2014.wikimedia.org/wiki/Submissions to read "Delayed
> until June".
>
> Regards, HaeB (T. Bayer)

>> Hi all,
>>
>> A completed proposal for the programme is being reviewed by the programme
>> committee, and we hope to start sending out acceptances very soon. Apologies
>> for the delay and poor communication - I'll update the submissions page.
>>
>> Edward Saperia
>> Chief Coordinator Wikimania London
>> email • facebook • twitter • <a href="tel:07796955572" value="+447796955572" target="_blank">07796955572
>> 133-135 Bethnal Green Road, E2 7DG
>>

>> On 27 May 2014 15:07, Cristian Consonni <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> according to this page[1] acceptance of proposal for Wikimania session
>>> should have been sent out on April, 30th.
>>>
>>> Since I have made a submission[2] I was wondering if I may have missed
>>> some e-mails (including rejection e-mails, eventually). The
>>> schedule[3] does not give any additional information at the moment.
>>>
>>> Maybe the process of proposal approval is late? Do other people having
>>> submitted their proposal have some info? Is it just me?
>>>
>>> Thanks and ciao,

>>> [1] https://wikimania2014.wikimedia.org/wiki/Submissions
>>> [2]
>>> https://wikimania2014.wikimedia.org/wiki/Submissions/The_encyclopedia_and_the_map:_How_Wikipedia_and_OpenStreetMap_can_collaborate
>>> [3] https://wikimania2014.wikimedia.org/wiki/Schedule

Re: Acceptance of proposal for Wikimania

Edward at Logic Museum
I did this. Why were low ranking submissions in the same category accepted over higher ranking ones?  If you sort each category, you find that some high-ranking submissions were not accepted.  Why was this?

I can provide precise figures if you want.  To be clear, are you using average scores, as you said? Or sum?

On Tue Jun 3 20:18:02 UTC 2014, Edward Saperia wrote:
 >>I broke the tracks down into further subtracks, which might explain
what you're seeing.

Sorry, but what were these subtracks, and on what basis were they
chosen?  Were the other judges OK with this?

Re: Acceptance of proposal for Wikimania

Edward Saperia-3
These were the subtracks:

Wikimedia
Evaluation
GLAM
Maps
Technology
Open Data
Diversity/Outreach
Free Culture
Open Scholarship
Social Machines
Special
Education

("Special" was for things like "Learn to Edit Wikipedia" which don't fit in the programme in the same way as the others)

The rest of the committee was mostly just happy that I did the work putting the programme together, I think.

On 3 June 2014 21:26, edward <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Tue Jun 3 20:18:02 UTC 2014, Edward Saperia wrote:
>>I broke the tracks down into further subtracks, which might explain what you're seeing.

Sorry, but what were these subtracks, and on what basis were they chosen?  Were the other judges OK with this?

Re: Acceptance of proposal for Wikimania

Joseph Fox
On 3 June 2014 at 09:41:37 pm, Edward Saperia ([hidden email]) wrote:
The rest of the committee was mostly just happy that I did the work putting the programme together, I think

Can confirm. ;)

Joe

--
Joseph Fox
Sent with Airmail

Re: Acceptance of proposal for Wikimania

Hegger
I haven´t received any information if my submission was accepted or not!

https://wikimania2014.wikimedia.org/wiki/Submissions/Language_and_Dialect_Database_-_A_GLAM_Project_with_Austrian_Academy_of_Science

H.
Am 03.06.2014 13:11, schrieb Edward Saperia:
The first round of submission acceptances was sent out on Sunday night. Acceptees have 3 days to reply with confirmation, or they are considered withdrawn, and second choice acceptances go out to replace them. This process continues until the entire programme is confirmed.

If you haven't received an acceptance do not despair just yet, there may be quite a few second choices as many submissions were dependent on scholarships. It's hard to say at this stage how many will withdraw.

As confirmations come in, they are added to the programme page on the wiki: https://wikimania2014.wikimedia.org/wiki/Programme

If you have any questions about the programme don't hesitate to ask me. However, I won't be making any alterations until after the programme is confirmed.

Average first choice score was something like 8.93/10, I think we have an excellent programme to look forward to!

Edward Saperia
Chief Coordinator Wikimania London
[hidden email]  facebook  twitter  07796955572
133-135 Bethnal Green Road, E2 7DG

On 3 June 2014 09:29, Hay (Husky) <[hidden email]> wrote:
Any news on the acceptances?

-- Hay

On Thu, May 29, 2014 at 4:23 PM, HaeB <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Somebody else has now helpfully updated the April 30 date at
> https://wikimania2014.wikimedia.org/wiki/Submissions to read "Delayed
> until June".
>
> Regards, HaeB (T. Bayer)

>> Hi all,
>>
>> A completed proposal for the programme is being reviewed by the programme
>> committee, and we hope to start sending out acceptances very soon. Apologies
>> for the delay and poor communication - I'll update the submissions page.
>>
>> Edward Saperia
>> Chief Coordinator Wikimania London
>> email • facebook • twitter • <a moz-do-not-send="true" href="tel:07796955572" value="+447796955572">07796955572
>> 133-135 Bethnal Green Road, E2 7DG
>>

>> On 27 May 2014 15:07, Cristian Consonni <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> according to this page[1] acceptance of proposal for Wikimania session
>>> should have been sent out on April, 30th.
>>>
>>> Since I have made a submission[2] I was wondering if I may have missed
>>> some e-mails (including rejection e-mails, eventually). The
>>> schedule[3] does not give any additional information at the moment.
>>>
>>> Maybe the process of proposal approval is late? Do other people having
>>> submitted their proposal have some info? Is it just me?
>>>
>>> Thanks and ciao,

>>> [1] https://wikimania2014.wikimedia.org/wiki/Submissions
>>> [2]
>>> https://wikimania2014.wikimedia.org/wiki/Submissions/The_encyclopedia_and_the_map:_How_Wikipedia_and_OpenStreetMap_can_collaborate
>>> [3] https://wikimania2014.wikimedia.org/wiki/Schedule

Re: Acceptance of proposal for Wikimania

Richard Symonds-3

Ed's email earlier in this thread should answer your question. It will take a couple of rounds of invitations for the schedule to fill out.

On 4 Jun 2014 02:49, "Hegger" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> according to this page[1] acceptance of proposal for Wikimania session
>>> should have been sent out on April, 30th.
>>>
>>> Since I have made a submission[2] I was wondering if I may have missed
>>> some e-mails (including rejection e-mails, eventually). The
>>> schedule[3] does not give any additional information at the moment.
>>>
>>> Maybe the process of proposal approval is late? Do other people having
>>> submitted their proposal have some info? Is it just me?
>>>
>>> Thanks and ciao,

>>> [1] https://wikimania2014.wikimedia.org/wiki/Submissions
>>> [2]
>>> https://wikimania2014.wikimedia.org/wiki/Submissions/The_encyclopedia_and_the_map:_How_Wikipedia_and_OpenStreetMap_can_collaborate
>>> [3] https://wikimania2014.wikimedia.org/wiki/Schedule

Re: Acceptance of proposal for Wikimania

To clarify, "If you haven't received an acceptance do not despair just yet, there may be quite a few second choices as many submissions were dependent on scholarships. It's hard to say at this stage how many will withdraw."

Richard Symonds
Wikimedia UK
0207 065 0992

Wikimedia UK is a Company Limited by Guarantee registered in England and Wales, Registered No. 6741827. Registered Charity No.1144513. Registered Office 4th Floor, Development House, 56-64 Leonard Street, London EC2A 4LT. United Kingdom. Wikimedia UK is the UK chapter of a global Wikimedia movement. The Wikimedia projects are run by the Wikimedia Foundation (who operate Wikipedia, amongst other projects).

On 4 June 2014 08:54, Richard Symonds <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]

>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> according to this page[1] acceptance of proposal for Wikimania session
>>> should have been sent out on April, 30th.
>>>
>>> Since I have made a submission[2] I was wondering if I may have missed
>>> some e-mails (including rejection e-mails, eventually). The
>>> schedule[3] does not give any additional information at the moment.
>>>
>>> Maybe the process of proposal approval is late? Do other people having
>>> submitted their proposal have some info? Is it just me?
>>>
>>> Thanks and ciao,

>>> [1] https://wikimania2014.wikimedia.org/wiki/Submissions
>>> [2]
>>> https://wikimania2014.wikimedia.org/wiki/Submissions/The_encyclopedia_and_the_map:_How_Wikipedia_and_OpenStreetMap_can_collaborate
>>> [3] https://wikimania2014.wikimedia.org/wiki/Schedule

Re: Acceptance of proposal for Wikimania

Balázs Viczián

Hi,

Wikimedia Hungary wishes to give away a few scholarships but we haven't received any list of Hungarian related (speaks/works in/lives at) applications yet from the organizers.

Do you know who to ask for them?

We would need the final scores of the applications as well as that would sort them for us.

Cheers,
Balazs