Accessing an image by name

Priya Shah
Hello,

I am newbie. I am looking at ways to access an image if I know its name. I don't want to reach the Image:<image name> page but get the actual jpg.

Also, are there any standard image type conversion programs available so that I can, for example, automatically save a gif when a jpg is uploaded?

Regards
Priya

Re: Accessing an image by name

MinuteElectron
Priya Shah wrote:
> I am newbie. I am looking at ways to access an image if I know its name.
> I don't want to reach the Image:<image name> page but get the actual jpg.

Special:FilePath

MinuteElectron.

Re: Accessing an image by name

Bryan Tong Minh
On Fri, Dec 26, 2008 at 9:43 PM, MinuteElectron
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Priya Shah wrote:
>> I am newbie. I am looking at ways to access an image if I know its name.
>> I don't want to reach the Image:<image name> page but get the actual jpg.
>
> Special:FilePath

Or prop=imageinfo&iiprop=url if you use the API.

Bryan