Achieving validation on Wikipedia

Tidy Cat
Hi.  I've been studying the issue of article  validation on Wikipedia for almost two months now (since before the  Seigenthaler incident), and I've written up an in-depth analysis of it  at  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:TidyCat/Achieving_validation_on_Wikipedia

  I would appreciate any feedback anyone would be willing to offer me.

  -- TidyCat

Re: Achieving validation on Wikipedia

Neil Harris
Tidy Cat wrote:

>Hi.  I've been studying the issue of article  validation on Wikipedia for almost two months now (since before the  Seigenthaler incident), and I've written up an in-depth analysis of it  at  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:TidyCat/Achieving_validation_on_Wikipedia
>
>  I would appreciate any feedback anyone would be willing to offer me.
>
>  -- TidyCat

That seems an admirable summary of the underlying problems and the
various competing proposals to date. Your suggested solution also has
many good points; I'm not sure of its scalability, though; the more
rules and process, the less scalable something is.

Getting the balance right between the extremes of an anarchic
free-for-all and a full Nupedia-style multi-level verification process
is going to be hard, but I think all the recent suggestions from all
sides of the argument have been remarkably useful and constructive.

Can anyone tell me what the status of the article-rating software is,
please?

-- Neil

Tidycat wrote:

>Hi.  I've been studying the issue of article  validation on Wikipedia
for almost two months now (since before the  Seigenthaler incident),
and I've written up an in-depth analysis of it  at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:TidyCat/Achieving_validation_on_Wikipedia

Nice one! I've added it to [[Category:Editorial validation]].

(no, I have no idea of the status of the article rating feature or extension)

- d.

Re: Re: Achieving validation on Wikipedia

Magnus Manske
David Gerard wrote:

>Tidycat wrote:
>

>>Hi.  I've been studying the issue of article  validation on Wikipedia
>>

>for almost two months now (since before the  Seigenthaler incident),
>and I've written up an in-depth analysis of it  at
>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:TidyCat/Achieving_validation_on_Wikipedia
>

>Nice one! I've added it to [[Category:Editorial validation]].
>
>(no, I have no idea of the status of the article rating feature or extension)

Stable version: In the works by Tim Starling
Review: Try http://magnusmanske.de/wikipeerdia

Magnus