Action Script API client library?

Strainu
Hi,

Does anyone know a MediaWiki API library written in Action Script? I
have an AS developer willing to start learning about MW and I wanted
to make it easy for him. If not, what would be a near language that we
do have a library for? JS? Java?

Thanks,
  Strainu

Re: Action Script API client library?

Brandon Harris-4

        Both ActionScript and JavaScript are ECMAScript languages and are thus pretty similar.  I last did AS coding about 4 years ago but I don’t think the language has changed significantly since then.

        I’d be surprised if there was an ActionScript library for MediaWiki, so your best bet is JavaScript.

On Feb 11, 2014, at 1:07 PM, Strainu <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know a MediaWiki API library written in Action Script? I
> have an AS developer willing to start learning about MW and I wanted
> to make it easy for him. If not, what would be a near language that we
> do have a library for? JS? Java?
>
> Thanks,
>  Strainu

---
Brandon Harris, Senior Designer, Wikimedia Foundation

Re: Action Script API client library?

Dan Andreescu
On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 4:18 PM, Brandon Harris <[hidden email]>wrote:

>         Both ActionScript and JavaScript are ECMAScript languages and are
> thus pretty similar.  I last did AS coding about 4 years ago but I don't
> think the language has changed significantly since then.
>
>         I'd be surprised if there was an ActionScript library for
> MediaWiki, so your best bet is JavaScript.

When I used ActionScript it was fairly easy to communicate back and forth
with JavaScript.  I'd use the JavaScript API and talk to it from
ActionScript.

Re: Action Script API client library?

Strainu

> On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 4:18 PM, Brandon Harris <[hidden email]>wrote:
>

>>         Both ActionScript and JavaScript are ECMAScript languages and are
>> thus pretty similar.  I last did AS coding about 4 years ago but I don't
>> think the language has changed significantly since then.
>>
>>         I'd be surprised if there was an ActionScript library for
>> MediaWiki, so your best bet is JavaScript.
>

> When I used ActionScript it was fairly easy to communicate back and forth
> with JavaScript.  I'd use the JavaScript API and talk to it from
> ActionScript.

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Strainu