Quantcast

Adding Schema.Org annotation to properties?

Adding Schema.Org annotation to properties?

Dan Bolser-3
Hello,

Any hints on how to add Schema.Org annotation to my property values in in
SMW?
http://schema.org/docs/schemas.html

Searching the mailing list and extensions didn't turn up any obvious
answers.

Many thanks,
Dan.

Re: Adding Schema.Org annotation to properties?

Yaron Koren-2
Hi Dan,

I would think the easiest approach is to not directly use SMW but instead
put Schema.org tags alongside the SMW properties within the templates -
assuming you're using templates to store the data. (If not, this won't
work.)

To add in Schema.org HTML tags, I was going to suggest using this setting,
but it looks like it's been removed from MediaWiki:

https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:$wgAllowMicrodataAttributes

So now, the easiest option may be to use HTML Tags, an extension I created
a while ago but still works fine, as far as I know;

https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:HTML_Tags

-Yaron

On Wed, Mar 8, 2017 at 6:08 AM, Dan Bolser <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Any hints on how to add Schema.Org annotation to my property values in in
> SMW?
> http://schema.org/docs/schemas.html
>
> Searching the mailing list and extensions didn't turn up any obvious
> answers.
>

> Many thanks,
> Dan.

Re: Adding Schema.Org annotation to properties?

James HK

> Any hints on how to add Schema.Org annotation to my property values in in
> SMW?
> http://schema.org/docs/schemas.html

In case we are talking about imported vocabularies then [0] should
contain sufficient examples on how to:

* Define `MediaWiki:Smw_import_schema`
* Use `[[Imported from::...]]` to specify an actual imported vocabulary

If we are not talking about [0] then a more exhaustive description of
"...add Schema.Org annotation to my property values ..." would be
necessary.

For example, wrapping property definitions around HTML tags requires a
different approach and was supported in the past by extensions like
[1].

> I would think the easiest approach is to not directly use SMW but instead
> put Schema.org tags alongside the SMW properties within the templates -

A not very helpful advice on this mailing list!

[0] https://www.semantic-mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Import_vocabulary
[1] https://github.com/wikimedia/mediawiki-extensions-LightweightRDFa

Cheers