Additional Sitenotice message

KIZU Naoko
Hello,
I have seen it and started a translation into Japanese. I'll
appreciate your copyedit. > jafolks

Soon Brad will inform us I expect so my question will be answered
there - Is it okay to change the link target of "matching" from WMF
website to its language wikipedia or wiktionary, if a decent article
exists on the latter and there is no Fundraising FAQ available in that
language?

I confess my version of additional message is exactly such, so if
there is any problem, please rewrite it (I put a remark about this
change for our proofreader).

KIZU Naoko
  Wikiquote: http://wikiquote.org
  * Nessuna poesia prima di noi *

Re: Additional Sitenotice message

Brad Patrick
Right - I added a new page for translation of the "anonymous" version of the
site notice.

I have placed
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Translation_request/WMF/Fundraising_Sitenotice%28Anonymous%29/2006on
meta-wiki, is anyone available to translate this one sentence?

"Your contribution today will be matched by an anonymous donor."

As for links, the "contribution" link goes to [[Fundraising]] page, and if
possible "matching" to Fundraising_FAQ.  The emphasis is on the culturally
normal practice of having benefactors remain anonymous.

"Matching" is for some a new concept, which is why it should go to the FAQ
if at all possible.

Thank you!

On 12/19/06, Aphaia <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
> I have seen it and started a translation into Japanese. I'll
> appreciate your copyedit. > jafolks
>
> Soon Brad will inform us I expect so my question will be answered
> there - Is it okay to change the link target of "matching" from WMF
> website to its language wikipedia or wiktionary, if a decent article
> exists on the latter and there is no Fundraising FAQ available in that
> language?
>
> I confess my version of additional message is exactly such, so if
> there is any problem, please rewrite it (I put a remark about this
> change for our proofreader).
>
> Cheers,
> --
> KIZU Naoko
>   Wikiquote: http://wikiquote.org
>   * Nessuna poesia prima di noi *

Brad Patrick
General Counsel & Interim Executive Director
Wikimedia Foundation, Inc.
[hidden email]
727-231-0101

Re: Additional Sitenotice message

daniwo59
I thought it was agreed "Your donation will be matched by an anonymous
friend."

Re: Additional Sitenotice message

Brad Patrick
You are right - donor = friend.  That's a nice translation. :-)

Danny is right, it should read "anonymous friend".