Admins' love lives are off-topic for wikien-l

Admins' love lives are off-topic for wikien-l

David Gerard-2
Snowspinner wrote:
On Feb 16, 2006, at 6:22 AM, David Gerard wrote:

>> Although mailing list threads go all over the place, note of a serious
>> problem vandal is probably not the place to go randomly riffing on
>> spurious concerns that would completely invalidate how Wikipedia
>> actually functions; you could at least change the subject line.

>So could you.

*cough* This is what I get for making a pissy email post. My apologies
to Karl and the list.

(I am NOT hairy chested. How dare you.)

[and no, I don't have references: headers again. I'll have to see what
I can do other than turn the firehose of this list upon my gmail
account.]

- d.

Re: Admins' love lives are off-topic for wikien-l

Alphax (Wikipedia email)
David Gerard wrote:

> Snowspinner wrote:
> On Feb 16, 2006, at 6:22 AM, David Gerard wrote:
>

>>>Although mailing list threads go all over the place, note of a serious
>>>problem vandal is probably not the place to go randomly riffing on
>>>spurious concerns that would completely invalidate how Wikipedia
>>>actually functions; you could at least change the subject line.
>

>>So could you.
>

> *cough* This is what I get for making a pissy email post. My apologies
> to Karl and the list.
>
> (I am NOT hairy chested. How dare you.)
>
> [and no, I don't have references: headers again. I'll have to see what
> I can do other than turn the firehose of this list upon my gmail
> account.]

Get a /real/ email client like Thunderbird.

Re: Admins' love lives are off-topic for wikien-l

Guy Chapman aka JzG
A real email client that sends the content as an attachment, you mean?

Guy

Re: Admins' love lives are off-topic for wikien-l

Alphax (Wikipedia email)

Re: Admins' love lives are off-topic for wikien-l

Steve Bennett-4
> [and no, I don't have references: headers again. I'll have to see what
> I can do other than turn the firehose of this list upon my gmail
> account.]

Yep, I use gmail to read these lists, even when at home with my real
email client with filters (tm). It works extremely well.

Steve

Re: Admins' love lives are off-topic for wikien-l

Steve Bennett-4
Is there an article on the history of flamewars about email format
yet? If not, why not? It probably dates back to the day after email
was invented.

Steve

Steve Bennett wrote:
> Is there an article on the history of flamewars about email format
> yet? If not, why not? It probably dates back to the day after email
> was invented.

You should see what's in my other sig:

   /"\
   \ /     ASCII Ribbon Campaign
    X   Against HTML email & vCards
   / \

Re: Admins' love lives are off-topic for wikien-l

Steve Bennett-4
On 2/16/06, Alphax (Wikipedia email) <[hidden email]> wrote:
> You should see what's in my other sig:
>
>    /"\
>    \ /     ASCII Ribbon Campaign
>     X   Against HTML email & vCards
>    / \

Too bad it's not the "Because it breaks the logical order / Why is top
posting bad?" one. I've always wanted to reply:

Why is bottom posting bad?
(scroll down for answer)

Steve

Re: Admins' love lives are off-topic for wikien-l

Guy Chapman aka JzG
>> A real email client that sends the content as an attachment, you mean?
> My email was fully compliant to RFCs 2440 and 3156. I can't help it if
> you can't handle MIME messages.

I can.  But it was still a text file as a MIME attachment.  I use six or
seven different mail clients for various jobs, I don't think any of them do
that.

Guy