Again: RSS feed fails at RecentChanges

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Again: RSS feed fails at RecentChanges

Uwe Baumbach
(Sorry, too slippy finger - this time with subject )


Hello,

I have the same error like Amit Vyas:

RSS feed (_only_ !) for RecentChanges does not work:

XML Parsing Error: xml declaration not at start of external entity
Location:
http://www.indiaonpix.com/wiki/index.php?title=Special:Recentchanges&feed=rss
Line Number 2, Column 1:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
^

See:
http://wiki-de.genealogy.net/wiki/Spezial:Recentchanges

HTML code shows an additional CR at the beginning of the first line.

We have a test wiki with the same Special:Recentchanges.php, Feed.php, Main.css, Monobook.php code (proved) at
http://wiki-test.genealogy.net/wiki/Spezial:Recentchanges

Here RSS feed works and at the HTML output (page) the CR does NOT appear.

Running MediaWiki 1.5.1


Any suggestions for searching?

THX!

--
Uwe (Baumbach)
[hidden email]

______________________________________________________________
Verschicken Sie romantische, coole und witzige Bilder per SMS!
Jetzt bei WEB.DE FreeMail: http://f.web.de/?mc=021193

_______________________________________________
MediaWiki-l mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.wikipedia.org/mailman/listinfo/mediawiki-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Again: RSS feed fails at RecentChanges

Robert Pfau
Search for blank lines in any php-file you edited recently
Had the same problem until i found a blank line at the END of an
extension-file
search there.

robert

>(Sorry, too slippy finger - this time with subject )
>
>
>Hello,
>
>I have the same error like Amit Vyas:
>
>RSS feed (_only_ !) for RecentChanges does not work:
>
>XML Parsing Error: xml declaration not at start of external entity
>Location:
>http://www.indiaonpix.com/wiki/index.php?title=Special:Recentchanges&feed=rss
>Line Number 2, Column 1:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
>^
>
>See:
>http://wiki-de.genealogy.net/wiki/Spezial:Recentchanges
>
>HTML code shows an additional CR at the beginning of the first line.
>
>We have a test wiki with the same Special:Recentchanges.php, Feed.php, Main.css, Monobook.php code (proved) at
>http://wiki-test.genealogy.net/wiki/Spezial:Recentchanges
>
>Here RSS feed works and at the HTML output (page) the CR does NOT appear.
>
>Running MediaWiki 1.5.1
>
>
>Any suggestions for searching?
>
>THX!
>
>  
>

_______________________________________________
MediaWiki-l mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.wikipedia.org/mailman/listinfo/mediawiki-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Again: RSS feed fails at RecentChanges

Amit Vyas-2
Hello all,

yeah I have edited few php files and after I had removed line it is working
now;
But I know whether i should expect this at
http://www.indiaonpix.com/wiki/index.php?title=Special:Recentchanges&feed=rss


Thanks ppl I got it fixed; Uwe there is surely some blank lines;


On 3/10/06, Robert Pfau <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
> Search for blank lines in any php-file you edited recently
> Had the same problem until i found a blank line at the END of an
> extension-file
> search there.
>
> robert
>
> >(Sorry, too slippy finger - this time with subject )
> >
> >
> >Hello,
> >
> >I have the same error like Amit Vyas:
> >
> >RSS feed (_only_ !) for RecentChanges does not work:
> >
> >XML Parsing Error: xml declaration not at start of external entity
> >Location:
> >
> http://www.indiaonpix.com/wiki/index.php?title=Special:Recentchanges&feed=rss
> >Line Number 2, Column 1:<?xml version=" 1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
> >^
> >
> >See:
> >http://wiki-de.genealogy.net/wiki/Spezial:Recentchanges
> >
> >HTML code shows an additional CR at the beginning of the first line.
> >
> >We have a test wiki with the same Special:Recentchanges.php, Feed.php,
> Main.css, Monobook.php code (proved) at
> >http://wiki-test.genealogy.net/wiki/Spezial:Recentchanges
> >
> >Here RSS feed works and at the HTML output (page) the CR does NOT appear.
> >
> >Running MediaWiki 1.5.1
> >
> >
> >Any suggestions for searching?
> >
> >THX!
> >
> >
> >
>
> _______________________________________________
> MediaWiki-l mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://mail.wikipedia.org/mailman/listinfo/mediawiki-l
>



--
Regards.
Amit Vyas
Site      : http://www.indiaonpix.com
Mission : http://www.indiaonpix.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page
Blog      : http://indiaonpix.blogspot.com
Project GridOne: http://discovery.bits-pilani.ac.in/gridone
_______________________________________________
MediaWiki-l mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.wikipedia.org/mailman/listinfo/mediawiki-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Again: RSS feed fails at RecentChanges

Uwe Baumbach
In reply to this post by Uwe Baumbach
"Amit Vyas" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> yeah I have edited few php files and after I had removed line it is working
> now;
> But I know whether i should expect this at
> http://www.indiaonpix.com/wiki/index.php?title=Special:Recentchanges&feed=rss
>
>
> Thanks ppl I got it fixed; Uwe there is surely some blank lines;

... and you were so right!!
THX a lot!

Exactly what you said: an additional CR/LF in a changed include file at
the end after "?>" ...

Now it runs fine.



--

Ich freue mich auf Deine/Ihre Antwort!

Uwe (Baumbach)
[hidden email]


_______________________________________________
MediaWiki-l mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.wikipedia.org/mailman/listinfo/mediawiki-l