Airport Pickup

Re: Airport Pickup

masti-2
there are a lot of Exchange Points called Kantor
here are the ones ner the Venue:
http://42.pl/u/2ni4_exchange
Exchange points do not usually charge for operation. They just use a
spread buy-sell

masti

On 07/05/2010 04:03 PM, Jeromy-Yu Chan (Jerry~Yuyu) wrote:

> I expect some exchange in cash, Euro to pln, as levy can be huge if I
> use a hong kong card
>
> On 05/07/2010, Finne Boonen<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>> On Mon, Jul 5, 2010 at 14:16, Takashi OTA
>> <[hidden email]<supertakot%[hidden email]>
>>> wrote:

>> ATMs are very easy to find in the old town.
>>

>> Finne
>>
>> --
>> "Maybe you knew early on that your track went from point A to B, but unlike
>> you I wasn't given a map at birth!" Alyssa, "Chasing Amy"

Re: Airport Pickup

Austin Hair
These are indeed prevalent in the old town.  Keep in mind that they do
not normally cash traveler's checks, though.

Austin

On Mon, Jul 5, 2010 at 4:31 PM, masti <[hidden email]> wrote:

> there are a lot of Exchange Points called Kantor
> here are the ones ner the Venue:
> http://42.pl/u/2ni4_exchange
> Exchange points do not usually charge for operation. They just use a
> spread buy-sell
>
> masti
>
> On 07/05/2010 04:03 PM, Jeromy-Yu Chan (Jerry~Yuyu) wrote:
>> I expect some exchange in cash, Euro to pln, as levy can be huge if I
>> use a hong kong card
>>
>> On 05/07/2010, Finne Boonen<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>>> On Mon, Jul 5, 2010 at 14:16, Takashi OTA
>>> <[hidden email]<supertakot%[hidden email]>

>>> ATMs are very easy to find in the old town.
>>>

>>> Finne
>>>
>>> --
>>> "Maybe you knew early on that your track went from point A to B, but unlike
>>> you I wasn't given a map at birth!" Alyssa, "Chasing Amy"

Re: Airport Pickup

Jeromy-Yu Chan (Jerry~Yuyu)
any clue and suggestions for me have to exchange my Euro cash to PLN
in the airport for taxi?

On 05/07/2010, Austin Hair <[hidden email]> wrote:

> These are indeed prevalent in the old town.  Keep in mind that they do
> not normally cash traveler's checks, though.
>
> Austin
>

> On Mon, Jul 5, 2010 at 4:31 PM, masti <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> there are a lot of Exchange Points called Kantor
>> here are the ones ner the Venue:
>> http://42.pl/u/2ni4_exchange
>> Exchange points do not usually charge for operation. They just use a
>> spread buy-sell
>>
>> masti
>>
>> On 07/05/2010 04:03 PM, Jeromy-Yu Chan (Jerry~Yuyu) wrote:
>>> I expect some exchange in cash, Euro to pln, as levy can be huge if I
>>> use a hong kong card

Jerry~雨雨
Jeromy-Yu Maximilian Chan, ARAD
User:Yuyu | zh.wikipedia | Wikimedia HK
ChapCom, WMF | ComCom, WMF
Blogger | http://jeromyu.wordpress.com
MSN: [hidden email]
also Jeromyu on twitter, plurk and most of places

Tel (Mobile): +852 9279 1601
Laudamus quae laudentur
Qui mollis et dissolutus est in opere suo frater est sua opera dissipantis
Non clamatis hostilia, numquam esse vos accusatoribus

Re: Airport Pickup

Jodi Schneider-3
The airport has a currency exchange:
http://www.airport.gdansk.pl/#/passenger/shops_and_services/other_shops

There is an ATM in the airport, if you can withdraw money from another account.

The Airport bus is said to take euros, as well as PLN:
http://www.inyourpocket.com/poland/gdansk/arrival-transport/Arriving-by-plane/Arriving-by-plane_39288v

-Jodi

On Mon, Jul 5, 2010 at 3:48 PM, Jeromy-Yu Chan (Jerry~Yuyu)
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> any clue and suggestions for me have to exchange my Euro cash to PLN
> in the airport for taxi?
>
> On 05/07/2010, Austin Hair <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> These are indeed prevalent in the old town.  Keep in mind that they do
>> not normally cash traveler's checks, though.
>>
>> Austin
>>

>> On Mon, Jul 5, 2010 at 4:31 PM, masti <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> there are a lot of Exchange Points called Kantor
>>> here are the ones ner the Venue:
>>> http://42.pl/u/2ni4_exchange
>>> Exchange points do not usually charge for operation. They just use a
>>> spread buy-sell
>>>
>>> masti

> Jerry~雨雨
> Jeromy-Yu Maximilian Chan, ARAD
> User:Yuyu | zh.wikipedia | Wikimedia HK
> ChapCom, WMF | ComCom, WMF
> Blogger | http://jeromyu.wordpress.com
> MSN: [hidden email]
> also Jeromyu on twitter, plurk and most of places
>
> Tel (Mobile): +852 9279 1601
> Laudamus quae laudentur
> Qui mollis et dissolutus est in opere suo frater est sua opera dissipantis
> Non clamatis hostilia, numquam esse vos accusatoribus

Re: Airport Pickup

R.Stuart Geiger
I've found ATMs give me great international rates - my account is in the US with Bank of America, by the way, so your mileage may vary.  I arrived at the airport today and used an ATM in the main airport lobby, all the way on the other side from the arrivals gate (forgot the bank name).  I withdrew 200 PLN, which according to Google is $60.61 USD.  I checked my bank account and found it charged $61.44, plus the $1 fee my own bank charges for all ATM withdraws.  Not bad, considering that I was going to change some cash exchange and got offered just a little over half that rate.

Stuart

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> any clue and suggestions for me have to exchange my Euro cash to PLN
> in the airport for taxi?
>
> On 05/07/2010, Austin Hair <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> These are indeed prevalent in the old town.  Keep in mind that they do
>> not normally cash traveler's checks, though.
>>
>> Austin
>>

>> On Mon, Jul 5, 2010 at 4:31 PM, masti <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> there are a lot of Exchange Points called Kantor
>>> here are the ones ner the Venue:
>>> http://42.pl/u/2ni4_exchange
>>> Exchange points do not usually charge for operation. They just use a
>>> spread buy-sell
>>>
>>> masti

> Jerry~雨雨
> Jeromy-Yu Maximilian Chan, ARAD
> User:Yuyu | zh.wikipedia | Wikimedia HK
> ChapCom, WMF | ComCom, WMF
> Blogger | http://jeromyu.wordpress.com
> MSN: [hidden email]
> also Jeromyu on twitter, plurk and most of places
>
> Tel (Mobile): +852 9279 1601
> Laudamus quae laudentur
> Qui mollis et dissolutus est in opere suo frater est sua opera dissipantis
> Non clamatis hostilia, numquam esse vos accusatoribus

Re: Airport Pickup

Asaf Bartov
Can anyone provide a rough estimate of how many PLNs I can expect to spend per day in Gdansk, assuming no shopping, i.e. just transportation fares and meals.  I can always withdraw more, but I'd like to have the rough sum ready in advance.

Thanks,

   Asaf

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> any clue and suggestions for me have to exchange my Euro cash to PLN
> in the airport for taxi?
>
> On 05/07/2010, Austin Hair <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> These are indeed prevalent in the old town.  Keep in mind that they do
>> not normally cash traveler's checks, though.
>>
>> Austin
>>

>> On Mon, Jul 5, 2010 at 4:31 PM, masti <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> there are a lot of Exchange Points called Kantor
>>> here are the ones ner the Venue:
>>> http://42.pl/u/2ni4_exchange
>>> Exchange points do not usually charge for operation. They just use a
>>> spread buy-sell
>>>
>>> masti

> Jerry~雨雨
> Jeromy-Yu Maximilian Chan, ARAD
> User:Yuyu | zh.wikipedia | Wikimedia HK
> ChapCom, WMF | ComCom, WMF
> Blogger | http://jeromyu.wordpress.com
> MSN: [hidden email]
> also Jeromyu on twitter, plurk and most of places
>
> Tel (Mobile): +852 9279 1601
> Laudamus quae laudentur
> Qui mollis et dissolutus est in opere suo frater est sua opera dissipantis
> Non clamatis hostilia, numquam esse vos accusatoribus

Asaf Bartov <[hidden email]>

Re: Airport Pickup

Jodi Schneider-3
Asaf--Hopefully somebody can give you a better estimate of costs. Till then:

Lonely planet index 2005:
litre of petrol:  3.85 PLN
1.5L bottled water: 2.50 PLN
.5L of Zywiec beer: 6 PLN
souvenir Tshirt: 12 PLN
Zapiekanki (Polish pizza): 3 PLN

For estimating food costs, check the restaurant listing at

On Mon, Jul 5, 2010 at 5:31 PM, Asaf Bartov <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Can anyone provide a rough estimate of how many PLNs I can expect to spend
> per day in Gdansk, assuming no shopping, i.e. just transportation fares and
> meals.  I can always withdraw more, but I'd like to have the rough sum ready
> in advance.
> Thanks,
>    Asaf
>
> On Mon, Jul 5, 2010 at 7:19 PM, R.Stuart Geiger <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I've found ATMs give me great international rates - my account is in the
>> US with Bank of America, by the way, so your mileage may vary.  I arrived at
>> the airport today and used an ATM in the main airport lobby, all the way on
>> the other side from the arrivals gate (forgot the bank name).  I withdrew
>> 200 PLN, which according to Google is $60.61 USD.  I checked my bank account
>> and found it charged $61.44, plus the $1 fee my own bank charges for all ATM
>> withdraws.  Not bad, considering that I was going to change some cash
>> exchange and got offered just a little over half that rate.
>> Stuart
>>
>> On Mon, Jul 5, 2010 at 6:02 PM, Jodi Schneider <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> The airport has a currency exchange:
>>> http://www.airport.gdansk.pl/#/passenger/shops_and_services/other_shops
>>>
>>> There is an ATM in the airport, if you can withdraw money from another
>>> account.
>>>
>>> The Airport bus is said to take euros, as well as PLN:
>>>
>>> http://www.inyourpocket.com/poland/gdansk/arrival-transport/Arriving-by-plane/Arriving-by-plane_39288v
>>>
>>> -Jodi

> Asaf Bartov <[hidden email]>

Re: Airport Pickup

Juliana da Costa José-3
Hello,

I prepare a list and will share it here.

Best

Juliana
Wikimania 2010 Gdansk ++ http://www.wikimania2010.pl/

2010/7/5 Jodi Schneider <[hidden email]>:

> Asaf--Hopefully somebody can give you a better estimate of costs. Till then:
>
> Lonely planet index 2005:
> litre of petrol:  3.85 PLN
> 1.5L bottled water: 2.50 PLN
> .5L of Zywiec beer: 6 PLN
> souvenir Tshirt: 12 PLN
> Zapiekanki (Polish pizza): 3 PLN
>
> For estimating food costs, check the restaurant listing at
> http://www.inyourpocket.com/poland/gdansk
>
> -Jodi
>
> On Mon, Jul 5, 2010 at 5:31 PM, Asaf Bartov <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Can anyone provide a rough estimate of how many PLNs I can expect to spend
>> per day in Gdansk, assuming no shopping, i.e. just transportation fares and
>> meals.  I can always withdraw more, but I'd like to have the rough sum ready
>> in advance.
>> Thanks,
>>    Asaf
>>
>> On Mon, Jul 5, 2010 at 7:19 PM, R.Stuart Geiger <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> I've found ATMs give me great international rates - my account is in the
>>> US with Bank of America, by the way, so your mileage may vary.  I arrived at
>>> the airport today and used an ATM in the main airport lobby, all the way on
>>> the other side from the arrivals gate (forgot the bank name).  I withdrew
>>> 200 PLN, which according to Google is $60.61 USD.  I checked my bank account
>>> and found it charged $61.44, plus the $1 fee my own bank charges for all ATM
>>> withdraws.  Not bad, considering that I was going to change some cash
>>> exchange and got offered just a little over half that rate.
>>> Stuart

>> --
>> Asaf Bartov <[hidden email]>

Re: Airport Pickup

Takashi OTA
On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 1:19 AM, R.Stuart Geiger <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I've found ATMs give me great international rates - my account is in the US
> with Bank of America, by the way, so your mileage may vary.  I arrived at
> the airport today and used an ATM in the main airport lobby, all the way on
> the other side from the arrivals gate (forgot the bank name).  I withdrew
> 200 PLN, which according to Google is $60.61 USD.  I checked my bank account
> and found it charged $61.44, plus the $1 fee my own bank charges for all ATM
> withdraws.  Not bad, considering that I was going to change some cash
> exchange and got offered just a little over half that rate.

Thanks for your report, Stuart! I'll try to.

--Takashi OTA [[User:Takot]]

Re: Airport Pickup

Cormac Lawler
There's already some useful info on living costs at: http://wikimania2010.wikimedia.org/wiki/Practical_information