An adieu to the Wikimedia India Movement

An adieu to the Wikimedia India Movement

CherianTinu Abraham

An Adieu to the @WikimediaIndia Movement

http://dreamingcherries.com/2012/07/adieu-to-the-wikimedia-india-movement/

Thanks all....

Regards
Tinu Cherian

Re: [WMIN-Members] An adieu to the Wikimedia India Movement

Ramesh N G
This is an unfortunate decision. But with the given facts that I am with you Tinu. As you said, it is a community movement and I dont think it is so easy to destroy a community movement.

You cannot say Adieu to be my friend. I got one of the valuable friend in my life because of Wikipedia.

I am sorry, if I have hurted you (I know I have) in our journey, but forgive me as a friend. You are truly a wikipedian, and will remain as wikipedian.
For those who are real wikipedian, who loves the language and comes back and edit, cannot leave the wikipedia, so for u?
Take a break friend and lets keep editing wikipedia.

Cheers!
Rameshng

On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 4:27 PM, CherianTinu Abraham <[hidden email]> wrote:

An Adieu to the @WikimediaIndia Movement

http://dreamingcherries.com/2012/07/adieu-to-the-wikimedia-india-movement/

Thanks all....

Regards
Tinu Cherian

Re: [WMIN-Members] An adieu to the Wikimedia India Movement

BalaSundaraRaman
Hey Tinu,

I do hope that you have a refreshing break and then come back to manageable levels of participation. Enjoy your time with your family! They deserve that as much as you do.

Best wishes,
Sundar

"That language is an instrument of human reason, and not merely a medium for the expression of thought, is a truth generally admitted."

Re: [WMIN-Members] An adieu to the Wikimedia India Movement

Ravishankar-3
Tinu,

//I may still continue to edit Wikipedia and Commons as and when possible. //

This is the real movement :) and I am glad you will continue to work on it.

Offline Wiki activism can be very tiring even if there is no politics. I felt burnt out once after organising the state wide essay contest. Took almost a 18 months Wiki vacation coinciding with my marriage. Now, I am back to editing since January 2012. I am very conscious in avoiding off-line involvements and taking organising responsibilities. This way I still continue to enjoy Wiki.

Thanks for sharing the decision with me.

All the best for your career and personal life.

Ravi

Re: [WMIN-Members] An adieu to the Wikimedia India Movement

Srikanth Ramakrishnan-2
Tinu, It is upsetting that you are quitting the movement, as you were
my first Wiki friend and it was at your place that I met like mined
people as part of the movement. However, all that matters is that you
will continue editing, and I hope we can remain edit buddies like we
were in 2009.

Re: [WMIN-Members] An adieu to the Wikimedia India Movement

Saroj Dhakal
On 7/25/2012 4:17 PM, Srikanth Ramakrishnan wrote:
Tinu, It is upsetting that you are quitting the movement, as you were
my first Wiki friend and it was at your place that I met like mined
people as part of the movement. However, all that matters is that you
will continue editing, and I hope we can remain edit buddies like we
were in 2009.

Tinu's presence would be missed . Hope you'd always remain a wiki geek though .

Saroj

Re: [WMIN-Members] An adieu to the Wikimedia India Movement

Dhaval S. Vyas

True, its shame that because of a bunch of people or concerns raised for a programme, Tinu had to take this decision.

But, Tinu I hope you continue editing and supprting wiki in your own capacity without any tags associated.

Dhaval

On 25 Jul 2012 12:38, "Saroj Dhakal" <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 7/25/2012 4:17 PM, Srikanth Ramakrishnan wrote:
Tinu, It is upsetting that you are quitting the movement, as you were
my first Wiki friend and it was at your place that I met like mined
people as part of the movement. However, all that matters is that you
will continue editing, and I hope we can remain edit buddies like we
were in 2009.

Tinu's presence would be missed . Hope you'd always remain a wiki geek though .

Saroj

Re: [WMIN-Members] An adieu to the Wikimedia India Movement

theo10011
I just saw this thread, sorry for reviving it. I had something I wanted to say.

First, I'm sure this was incidental, but I can't be the first one who noticed this A-Team reference - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIfuaUTH9Y4 (There was a recent movie too, but most anglophones think of that show when a reference to the A-team is made. ;) )

Second, I have met Tinu once very briefly, but I've known of him for almost 2 years. To be frankly honest, I'm not one of your fans and that is fine. But you have been doing good work, and it would be a net loss to everyone to not have you there. I can understand family commitments and time constraints, but instead of this complaining departure, I would hope you remain involved, like Gautam.

I suppose I shouldn't bother pointing out the irony of running in an election and complaining about politics later. Any elected position is inherently, a political one, how much, is usually the question. My personal opinion is, that being on the board of a chapter burned you off a bit and you need a short break to recoup. I hope you consider that.

I really don't like indirect references, and veiled allegations. As for the "A-team" or any other team, I have one guess who you are alluding to, it is really not subtle. But I would like to make one thing clear, as far as I'm concerned, I have absolutely no problem repeating whatever I have said about you or anyone here, be it about you, IP, Hisham, Barry or anyone else. You are on some of the other lists, so you know what I mean.

My allegiance is not to anyone, be it the IP, or even the chapter - it is to what I think is right. Just for the sake of clarification, my only involvement with the chapter this year was limited to informing them about my nomination for the WMF board, which if I recall, I emailed you too, along with a couple of community members not on the chapter board. Before that, was about the IEP last year, when you said there is no difference between me and Hisham, and I said "you pissed me off" in a private email to the chapter. That is the extent of my dealing with the India chapter or you for that matter, any other allusions might very well be fabrications.

Anywho, in light of your concern in your departure blog about the IP, instead of the community, or any larger goal, I would also like to suggest you reconsider joining the IP. I honestly mean that. Either way, I hope you remain involved in some capacity.

Best regards
Theo