Analytics Hadoop cluster full shutdown scheduled for Sept 25th

Analytics Hadoop cluster full shutdown scheduled for Sept 25th

Luca Toscano
Hi everybody,

the Analytics team needs to replace the Hadoop master node hosts
(analytics100[1,2]) and the Hive/Oozie host (analytics1003) as part of
regular hardware refresh (hosts getting out of warranty). In order to do
things safely we decided to proceed with a full cluster shutdown on Sept
25th at 10 AM CEST. The maintenance should last a couple of hours and all
there shouldn't be any noticeable change for the Hadoop users.

This means that during the maintenance:
- HDFS will not be available
- Yarn will not be available
- Hive/Spark (cluster mode)/Oozie/etc.. will not be available

Please let us know if this impacts your work in
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T203635 or on the #wikimedia-analytics
Freenode IRC channel.

Thanks a lot!

Luca

Re: Analytics Hadoop cluster full shutdown scheduled for Sept 25th

Luca Toscano
Hi everybody,

this is a reminder that the maintenance will happen tomorrow (Tue 25th, 10
CEST).

Luca

Il giorno ven 14 set 2018 alle ore 12:13 Luca Toscano <
[hidden email]> ha scritto:

> Hi everybody,
>
> the Analytics team needs to replace the Hadoop master node hosts
> (analytics100[1,2]) and the Hive/Oozie host (analytics1003) as part of
> regular hardware refresh (hosts getting out of warranty). In order to do
> things safely we decided to proceed with a full cluster shutdown on Sept
> 25th at 10 AM CEST. The maintenance should last a couple of hours and all
> there shouldn't be any noticeable change for the Hadoop users.
>
> This means that during the maintenance:
> - HDFS will not be available
> - Yarn will not be available
> - Hive/Spark (cluster mode)/Oozie/etc.. will not be available
>
> Please let us know if this impacts your work in
> https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T203635 or on the #wikimedia-analytics
> Freenode IRC channel.
>
> Thanks a lot!
>
> Luca

Re: Analytics Hadoop cluster full shutdown scheduled for Sept 25th

Luca Toscano
Hi everybody,

maintenance just completed, it took a bit more but no issue registered so
far. We weren't able to swap analytics1003 (where Oozie/Hive/etc..) in this
maintenance window, so I'll likely send another email next week to schedule
downtime (not for the entire cluster but mostly for Hive/Oozie only),
please don't hate me :)

If you see any issue please contact us (via
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T203635 or IRC Freenode
#wikimedia-analytics).

Thanks!

Luca