[Announcement] A new formal collaboration in Research

[Announcement] A new formal collaboration in Research

Martin Gerlach
Hi all,

The Research team at the Wikimedia Foundation has officially started a new
Formal Collaboration [1] with a team from École Polytechnique Fédérale de
Lausanne (EPFL) in Switzerland to work collaboratively on Characterizing
Reader Navigation [2] as part of the Addressing Knowledge Gaps program [3].

Here are a few pieces of information about this collaboration that we would
like to share with you:

* We aim to keep the research documentation for this project in the

corresponding research page on meta.[2]

* The following formal collaborators (cc-ed) will contribute to this

program: Akhil Arora, Alberto García Durán, Tiziano Piccardi, and Robert
West (all EPFL). We are thankful to them for agreeing to spend their time
and expertise on this project in the coming 6 months, and to those of you
who have already worked with us as we were shaping the proposal for this
project and are planning to continue your contributions to this program.

* I act as the point of contact for this research in the Wikimedia

Foundation. Please feel free to reach out to me (directly, if it

cannot be shared publicly) if you have comments or questions about the

project.

Best,

Martin

[1] https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Research/Formal_collaborations