Announcement: Erik Zachte, Data Analyst

Brion Vibber-3

Re: Announcement: Erik Zachte, Data Analyst

KIZU Naoko
Yaaaaaay.
It's one of most amazing appointments we can expect from the community.

Congrats Erik on your new contract and thanks so much in advance ;)

On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 9:18 AM, Brion Vibber <[hidden email]> wrote:

KIZU Naoko
http://d.hatena.ne.jp/Britty (in Japanese)

Re: Announcement: Erik Zachte, Data Analyst

Thomas Dalton
> It is with great pleasure that I welcome Erik Zachte as a part-time
> contractor to the Wikimedia Foundation. Erik will start work with us
> officially on September 1.

Fabulous news! Congratulations, and welcome! The greatly improved
statistics we can expect to see in the future will be of enormous help
in many ways.

Re: Announcement: Erik Zachte, Data Analyst

James R.
> It is with great pleasure that I welcome Erik Zachte as a part-time
> contractor to the Wikimedia Foundation. Erik will start work with us
> officially on September 1.

Welcome Erik, and congratulations.

> The greatly improved statistics we can expect to see in the future
> will be of enormous help in many ways.

I agree, looking forward to seeing this.

Regards,

James R.
English Wikipedia Administrator
Wikimania 2008 Online Team Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:E
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:E

email: [hidden email]
freenode: TheLetterE / TheLetterE_away
skype: e.wikimedia

Re: Announcement: Erik Zachte, Data Analyst

Brianna Laugher
2008/7/3 Brion Vibber <[hidden email]>:

> It is with great pleasure that I welcome Erik Zachte as a part-time
> contractor to the Wikimedia Foundation. Erik will start work with us
> officially on September 1.

YAY :)

Brianna

http://modernthings.org/

Re: Announcement: Erik Zachte, Data Analyst

Michael Snow-3
Brion Vibber wrote:
> I'm very pleased that Erik is joining our team, and look forward to
> working with him. Please join me in welcoming him.
Other than perhaps Brion himself, this has to be one of the most obvious
hiring decisions Wikimedia has ever made. Welcome Erik!

--Michael Snow

Re: Announcement: Erik Zachte, Data Analyst

metasj
You can say that again.  Huzzah!  --SJ

On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 9:13 PM, Michael Snow <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Brion Vibber wrote:
> > I'm very pleased that Erik is joining our team, and look forward to
> > working with him. Please join me in welcoming him.
> Other than perhaps Brion himself, this has to be one of the most obvious
> hiring decisions Wikimedia has ever made. Welcome Erik!
>
> --Michael Snow

Re: Announcement: Erik Zachte, Data Analyst

Dan Rosenthal
Welcome Erik!

-Dan

On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 10:04 PM, Samuel Klein <[hidden email]> wrote:

> You can say that again.  Huzzah!  --SJ
>
> On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 9:13 PM, Michael Snow <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Brion Vibber wrote:
> > > I'm very pleased that Erik is joining our team, and look forward to
> > > working with him. Please join me in welcoming him.
> > Other than perhaps Brion himself, this has to be one of the most obvious
> > hiring decisions Wikimedia has ever made. Welcome Erik!
> >
> > --Michael Snow

Dan Rosenthal

Re: Announcement: Erik Zachte, Data Analyst

Marco Chiesa
On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 2:18 AM, Brion Vibber <[hidden email]> wrote:

> It is with great pleasure that I welcome Erik Zachte as a part-time
> contractor to the Wikimedia Foundation. Erik will start work with us
> officially on September 1.
>
> Congratulations, Erik, that's really good news, I believe both for you and
for all the projects!
Cruccone

Re: Announcement: Erik Zachte, Data Analyst

Florence Devouard-3
Brion Vibber wrote:

> It is with great pleasure that I welcome Erik Zachte as a part-time
> contractor to the Wikimedia Foundation. Erik will start work with us
> officially on September 1.

I am very pleased by this decision :-)

ant

Re: Announcement: Erik Zachte, Data Analyst

Teun Spaans
Congratulations, Erik! You have been doing fantastic work for the past
decade!

On 7/3/08, Florence Devouard <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Brion Vibber wrote:
> >
> > It is with great pleasure that I welcome Erik Zachte as a part-time
> > contractor to the Wikimedia Foundation. Erik will start work with us
> > officially on September 1.
>

> I am very pleased by this decision :-)
>
> ant

Re: Announcement: Erik Zachte, Data Analyst

Cormac Lawler
On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 1:18 AM, Brion Vibber <[hidden email]> wrote:

> It is with great pleasure that I welcome Erik Zachte as a part-time
> contractor to the Wikimedia Foundation. Erik will start work with us
> officially on September 1.

[snip]

Fantastic news! Perhaps this is a good time to kickstart a set of pages on
Meta to help facilitate other researchers in accessing and using data - both
qualitative and quantitative? I'd also be very happy to set up a learning
community on Wikiversity with this in mind... (cross-posted to
wiki-research-l).

Cormac

Re: Announcement: Erik Zachte, Data Analyst

Waerth
A great choice! Congratulations Erik!! And congratulations to the
foundation!

Waerth

Re: Announcement: Erik Zachte, Data Analyst

Andrew Gray
2008/7/3 Aphaia <[hidden email]>:
> Yaaaaaay.
> It's one of most amazing appointments we can expect from the community.
>
> Congrats Erik on your new contract and thanks so much in advance ;)

Oh yes. Oh, very much yes.

I look forward to hearing what Erik comes up with, and at the
unexpected new projects that spring out of it...

--
- Andrew Gray

Re: Announcement: Erik Zachte, Data Analyst

Brad Patrick
Erik is a top-notch addition to a top-notch team.  Congrats!

On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 7:39 AM, Andrew Gray <[hidden email]> wrote:

> 2008/7/3 Aphaia <[hidden email]>:
> > Yaaaaaay.
> > It's one of most amazing appointments we can expect from the community.
> >
> > Congrats Erik on your new contract and thanks so much in advance ;)
>
> Oh yes. Oh, very much yes.
>
> I look forward to hearing what Erik comes up with, and at the
> unexpected new projects that spring out of it...
>
> --
> - Andrew Gray
>  [hidden email]

Re: Announcement: Erik Zachte, Data Analyst

Finne Boonen-2
w00t w00t, congratz Erik :)

on a side note, did you know about: http://www.jaspersoft.com/index.html ?

henna/Finne

On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 2:18 AM, Brion Vibber <[hidden email]> wrote:

"Maybe you knew early on that your track went from point A to B, but
unlike you I wasn't given a map at birth!" Alyssa, "Chasing Amy"

Re: Announcement: Erik Zachte, Data Analyst

Magnus Manske-2
Go Erik! :-)

Magnus