Announcement: Regular London Wikimedia communities social meeting

Announcement: Regular London Wikimedia communities social meeting

James Forrester-2
All,

[Copied to wikien in case of UK lurkers. ;-)]

At the meetup this afternoon we decided that it would be sensible to
schedule regular London meetups; given that the weekend worked well
(and yes, I know, selection bias), we thought to make it happen:

From now on, at 13:00 onwards, there will be a meetup in The
Penderel's Oak on the second Sunday of every month.

I know it's not ideal for some, but it's good for many, and this won't
preclude mid-week meets on the half-month shifted cycle, for instance
(hint ;-)).

Yours,
--
James D. Forrester
[hidden email] | [hidden email]

Re: Announcement: Regular London Wikimedia communities social meeting

Ian A. Holton
Sounds good to me. When I first proposed meeting again in January this
is what I had in mind :)

I've added it to my calendar for the next few times already.

Ian
[[User:Poeloq]]

On Sun, 2008-04-13 at 21:51 +0100, James Forrester wrote:

> All,
>
> [Copied to wikien in case of UK lurkers. ;-)]
>
> At the meetup this afternoon we decided that it would be sensible to
> schedule regular London meetups; given that the weekend worked well
> (and yes, I know, selection bias), we thought to make it happen:
>
> >From now on, at 13:00 onwards, there will be a meetup in The
> Penderel's Oak on the second Sunday of every month.
>
> I know it's not ideal for some, but it's good for many, and this won't
> preclude mid-week meets on the half-month shifted cycle, for instance
> (hint ;-)).
>
> Yours,

Re: Announcement: Regular London Wikimedia communities social meeting

Majorly
On 13/04/2008, James Forrester <[hidden email]> wrote:
All,

[Copied to wikien in case of UK lurkers. ;-)]

At the meetup this afternoon we decided that it would be sensible to
schedule regular London meetups; given that the weekend worked well
(and yes, I know, selection bias), we thought to make it happen:

From now on, at 13:00 onwards, there will be a meetup in The
Penderel's Oak on the second Sunday of every month.

I know it's not ideal for some, but it's good for many, and this won't
preclude mid-week meets on the half-month shifted cycle, for instance
(hint ;-)).

Yours,
--
James D. Forrester
[hidden email] | [hidden email]
[[Wikipedia:User:Jdforrester|James F.]]

Today's meet was good, and although I won't be able to come to every single one, I'll try to come as much as I can.

--
Alex (Majorly)

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Majorly

Re: Announcement: Regular London Wikimedia communities social meeting

Gordon Joly
At 21:51 +0100 13/4/08, James Forrester wrote:

>All,
>
>[Copied to wikien in case of UK lurkers. ;-)]
>
>At the meetup this afternoon we decided that it would be sensible to
>schedule regular London meetups; given that the weekend worked well
>(and yes, I know, selection bias), we thought to make it happen:
>
>From now on, at 13:00 onwards, there will be a meetup in The
>Penderel's Oak on the second Sunday of every month.
>
>I know it's not ideal for some, but it's good for many, and this won't
>preclude mid-week meets on the half-month shifted cycle, for instance
>(hint ;-)).

Sorry to say that May 11th at 1pm finds me elsewhere, also June 8th.

Ho hum. It was fun yesterday!

Gordo

P.S. No Central Line between Stratford and Leytonstone on Sunday June 8th.

--
"Think Feynman"/////////
http://pobox.com/~gordo/

Re: Announcement: Regular London Wikimedia communities social meeting

Sean Whitton (Xyrael)
On Sun, Apr 13, 2008 at 9:51 PM, James Forrester <[hidden email]> wrote:

> All,
>
>  [Copied to wikien in case of UK lurkers. ;-)]
>
>  At the meetup this afternoon we decided that it would be sensible to
>  schedule regular London meetups; given that the weekend worked well
>  (and yes, I know, selection bias), we thought to make it happen:
>
>  From now on, at 13:00 onwards, there will be a meetup in The
>  Penderel's Oak on the second Sunday of every month.
>
>  I know it's not ideal for some, but it's good for many, and this won't
>  preclude mid-week meets on the half-month shifted cycle, for instance
>  (hint ;-)).

Why does it seem that almost everyone else involved in Wikimedia in
the UK is in London? Ah well...

Sean Whitton <[hidden email]>
http://seanwhitton.com/
GPG: 0x25F4EAB7

On 14/04/2008, Sean Whitton <[hidden email]> wrote:

Why does it seem that almost everyone else involved in Wikimedia in
the UK is in London? Ah well...

Not so. In the past year, we've had 2 meetups in Manchester, and one in Birmingham, all with good attendance.

--
Alex (Majorly)

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Majorly

Re: Announcement: Regular London Wikimedia communities social meeting

Ian A. Holton
Well, we could always have an evening one in between for the people
interested...

Ian

On Mon, 2008-04-14 at 11:59 +0100, Gordon Joly wrote:

> At 21:51 +0100 13/4/08, James Forrester wrote:
> >All,
> >
> >[Copied to wikien in case of UK lurkers. ;-)]
> >
> >At the meetup this afternoon we decided that it would be sensible to
> >schedule regular London meetups; given that the weekend worked well
> >(and yes, I know, selection bias), we thought to make it happen:
> >
> >From now on, at 13:00 onwards, there will be a meetup in The
> >Penderel's Oak on the second Sunday of every month.
> >
> >I know it's not ideal for some, but it's good for many, and this won't
> >preclude mid-week meets on the half-month shifted cycle, for instance
> >(hint ;-)).
> >

> Sorry to say that May 11th at 1pm finds me elsewhere, also June 8th.
>
> Ho hum. It was fun yesterday!
>
> Gordo
>
> P.S. No Central Line between Stratford and Leytonstone on Sunday June 8th.

Re: Announcement: Regular London Wikimedia communities social meeting

Gordon Joly

May I suggest that we stick with the plan for the next few months?

It was good meeting, and other may find themselves free on May 11th.

Two many meetings and the turnout drops off dramatically...

Gordo

At 20:02 +0100 14/4/08, Ian A Holton wrote:

>Well, we could always have an evening one in between for the people
>interested...
>
>Ian
>
>On Mon, 2008-04-14 at 11:59 +0100, Gordon Joly wrote:
>>  At 21:51 +0100 13/4/08, James Forrester wrote:
>>  >All,
>>  >
>>  >[Copied to wikien in case of UK lurkers. ;-)]
>>  >
>>  >At the meetup this afternoon we decided that it would be sensible to
>>  >schedule regular London meetups; given that the weekend worked well
>>  >(and yes, I know, selection bias), we thought to make it happen:
>>  >
>>  >From now on, at 13:00 onwards, there will be a meetup in The
>>  >Penderel's Oak on the second Sunday of every month.
>>  >
>>  >I know it's not ideal for some, but it's good for many, and this won't
>>  >preclude mid-week meets on the half-month shifted cycle, for instance
>>  >(hint ;-)).
>>  >
>>  >
>>
>>  Sorry to say that May 11th at 1pm finds me elsewhere, also June 8th.
>>
>>  Ho hum. It was fun yesterday!
>>
>>  Gordo
>>
>>  P.S. No Central Line between Stratford and Leytonstone on Sunday June 8th.

"Think Feynman"/////////
http://pobox.com/~gordo/
[hidden email]///

Re: Announcement: Regular London Wikimedia communities social meeting

Gordon Joly

May I suggest that we stick with the plan for the next few months?
Many others may find themselves free on May 11th.

But too many meetings and the turnout drops off dramatically. However
a fixed pattern really does help when planning the calendar.

As it happens I am booked solid on May 11th, and also in June. So, I
will put the July date in my calendar now!

But if anything allows me to be there on May 11th, I will be there!

Gordo

--
"Think Feynman"/////////
http://pobox.com/~gordo/