[Announcement] Sloan awards Wikimedia USD 1m annually for three years

[Announcement] Sloan awards Wikimedia USD 1m annually for three years

Sue Gardner-2
Hi folks,

I’m delighted to tell you that yesterday, the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation board of directors voted to award the Wikimedia Foundation USD 1 million annually for the coming three years. A total of USD 3 million, spread over three years.

This is what Sloan characterizes as "institutional funding" - meaning, a form of grant designed to help us work towards our general goals – in our case, financial and operational sustainability, increasing quality, increasing and broadening participation, and distributing our material beyond the wiki environment. As you know, we’ve recently expanded the staff from 10 to 15, and we still have a few more positions to fill: this funding will offset those increased costs.

This is _fabulous_ news. Sloan is high-profile and widely-respected: this donation is financially significant for us, and it also signals that Sloan sees our work as important and our organization as trustworthy.

I’d like to take a moment to thank Erik Moeller, who developed our first contact with Sloan through his work representing Wikimedia on the Encyclopedia of Life's institutional council. (Sloan is an EOL funder.)  Based on that initial relationship, in January Sloan invited Erik to present to them about Wikimedia, after which they asked us for a formal request for funding. Without Erik, this would not have happened. Yay, Erik :-)

We will be sending out a press release in a few hours, and I will also send this note to foundation-l soon. Meanwhile, please join the staff and board of the Wikimedia Foundation in celebrating this terrific news!

Thanks,
Sue

--

Sue Gardner
Executive Director,

Re: [Announcement] Sloan awards Wikimedia USD 1m annually for three years

Waerth
This is very very very very veryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy good news!! Thanks
Erik, and the rest of the team!!

Waerth

> Hi folks,
>
> I’m delighted to tell you that yesterday, the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation board of directors voted to award the Wikimedia Foundation USD 1 million annually for the coming three years. A total of USD 3 million, spread over three years.
>
> This is what Sloan characterizes as "institutional funding" - meaning, a form of grant designed to help us work towards our general goals – in our case, financial and operational sustainability, increasing quality, increasing and broadening participation, and distributing our material beyond the wiki environment. As you know, we’ve recently expanded the staff from 10 to 15, and we still have a few more positions to fill: this funding will offset those increased costs.
>
> This is _fabulous_ news. Sloan is high-profile and widely-respected: this donation is financially significant for us, and it also signals that Sloan sees our work as important and our organization as trustworthy.
>
> I’d like to take a moment to thank Erik Moeller, who developed our first contact with Sloan through his work representing Wikimedia on the Encyclopedia of Life's institutional council. (Sloan is an EOL funder.)  Based on that initial relationship, in January Sloan invited Erik to present to them about Wikimedia, after which they asked us for a formal request for funding. Without Erik, this would not have happened. Yay, Erik :-)
>
> We will be sending out a press release in a few hours, and I will also send this note to foundation-l soon. Meanwhile, please join the staff and board of the Wikimedia Foundation in celebrating this terrific news!
>
> Thanks,
> Sue
>

> --
>
> Sue Gardner
> Executive Director,
> Wikimedia Foundation

Re: [Announcement] Sloan awards Wikimedia USD 1m annually for three years

geni
On 25/03/2008, Waerth <[hidden email]> wrote:
> This is very very very very veryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy good news!! Thanks
>  Erik, and the rest of the team!!

Maybe but [[Alfred P. Sloan]] needs work and we don't have a free pic.

--
geni

Re: [Announcement] Sloan awards Wikimedia USD 1m annually for three years

Brian J Mingus
That is so awesome. Nice work Erik!

On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 11:20 AM, Sue Gardner <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I'm delighted to tell you that yesterday, the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation
> board of directors voted to award the Wikimedia Foundation USD 1 million
> annually for the coming three years. A total of USD 3 million, spread over
> three years.
>
> This is what Sloan characterizes as "institutional funding" - meaning, a
> form of grant designed to help us work towards our general goals – in our
> case, financial and operational sustainability, increasing quality,
> increasing and broadening participation, and distributing our material
> beyond the wiki environment. As you know, we've recently expanded the staff
> from 10 to 15, and we still have a few more positions to fill: this funding
> will offset those increased costs.
>
> This is _fabulous_ news. Sloan is high-profile and widely-respected: this
> donation is financially significant for us, and it also signals that Sloan
> sees our work as important and our organization as trustworthy.
>
> I'd like to take a moment to thank Erik Moeller, who developed our first
> contact with Sloan through his work representing Wikimedia on the
> Encyclopedia of Life's institutional council. (Sloan is an EOL funder.)
>  Based on that initial relationship, in January Sloan invited Erik to
> present to them about Wikimedia, after which they asked us for a formal
> request for funding. Without Erik, this would not have happened. Yay, Erik
> :-)
>
> We will be sending out a press release in a few hours, and I will also
> send this note to foundation-l soon. Meanwhile, please join the staff and
> board of the Wikimedia Foundation in celebrating this terrific news!
>
> Thanks,
> Sue
>

> --
>
> Sue Gardner
> Executive Director,
> Wikimedia Foundation

Re: [Announcement] Sloan awards Wikimedia USD 1mannually for three years

Philippe Beaudette
Fantastic!!

Philippe

> I’m delighted to tell you that yesterday, the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation
> board of directors voted to award the Wikimedia Foundation USD 1 million
> annually for the coming three years. A total of USD 3 million, spread over
> three years.
>
> This is what Sloan characterizes as "institutional funding" - meaning, a
> form of grant designed to help us work towards our general goals – in our
> case, financial and operational sustainability, increasing quality,
> increasing and broadening participation, and distributing our material
> beyond the wiki environment. As you know, we’ve recently expanded the
> staff from 10 to 15, and we still have a few more positions to fill: this
> funding will offset those increased costs.
>
> This is _fabulous_ news. Sloan is high-profile and widely-respected: this
> donation is financially significant for us, and it also signals that Sloan
> sees our work as important and our organization as trustworthy.
>
> I’d like to take a moment to thank Erik Moeller, who developed our first
> contact with Sloan through his work representing Wikimedia on the
> Encyclopedia of Life's institutional council. (Sloan is an EOL funder.)
> Based on that initial relationship, in January Sloan invited Erik to
> present to them about Wikimedia, after which they asked us for a formal
> request for funding. Without Erik, this would not have happened. Yay, Erik
> :-)
>
> We will be sending out a press release in a few hours, and I will also
> send this note to foundation-l soon. Meanwhile, please join the staff and
> board of the Wikimedia Foundation in celebrating this terrific news!
>
> Thanks,
> Sue
>

> --
>
> Sue Gardner
> Executive Director,
> Wikimedia Foundation

Re: [Announcement] Sloan awards Wikimedia USD 1m annually for three years

Brian J Mingus
This is also the first indication I've seen that this ginormous new
Foundation might actually work! It seems to give us credibility.

On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 1:05 PM, Brian <[hidden email]> wrote:

> That is so awesome. Nice work Erik!
>

> On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 11:20 AM, Sue Gardner <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > I'm delighted to tell you that yesterday, the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation
> > board of directors voted to award the Wikimedia Foundation USD 1 million
> > annually for the coming three years. A total of USD 3 million, spread over
> > three years.
> >
> > This is what Sloan characterizes as "institutional funding" - meaning, a
> > form of grant designed to help us work towards our general goals – in our
> > case, financial and operational sustainability, increasing quality,
> > increasing and broadening participation, and distributing our material
> > beyond the wiki environment. As you know, we've recently expanded the staff
> > from 10 to 15, and we still have a few more positions to fill: this funding
> > will offset those increased costs.
> >
> > This is _fabulous_ news. Sloan is high-profile and widely-respected:
> > this donation is financially significant for us, and it also signals that
> > Sloan sees our work as important and our organization as trustworthy.
> >
> > I'd like to take a moment to thank Erik Moeller, who developed our first
> > contact with Sloan through his work representing Wikimedia on the
> > Encyclopedia of Life's institutional council. (Sloan is an EOL funder.)
> >  Based on that initial relationship, in January Sloan invited Erik to
> > present to them about Wikimedia, after which they asked us for a formal
> > request for funding. Without Erik, this would not have happened. Yay, Erik
> > :-)
> >
> > We will be sending out a press release in a few hours, and I will also
> > send this note to foundation-l soon. Meanwhile, please join the staff and
> > board of the Wikimedia Foundation in celebrating this terrific news!
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Sue
> >

> > --
> >
> > Sue Gardner
> > Executive Director,
> > Wikimedia Foundation

Re: [Announcement] Sloan awards Wikimedia USD 1m annually for three years

Gerard Meijssen-3
Hoi,
I am glad that it is the enterprise of the Foundation that ensures that we
do not need advertisements. Yay
Thanks,
     GerardM

On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 8:12 PM, Brian <[hidden email]> wrote:

> This is also the first indication I've seen that this ginormous new
> Foundation might actually work! It seems to give us credibility.
>
> On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 1:05 PM, Brian <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > That is so awesome. Nice work Erik!
> >

> > On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 11:20 AM, Sue Gardner <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Hi folks,
> > >
> > > I'm delighted to tell you that yesterday, the Alfred P. Sloan
> Foundation
> > > board of directors voted to award the Wikimedia Foundation USD 1
> million
> > > annually for the coming three years. A total of USD 3 million, spread
> over
> > > three years.
> > >
> > > This is what Sloan characterizes as "institutional funding" - meaning,
> > > form of grant designed to help us work towards our general goals – in
> our
> > > case, financial and operational sustainability, increasing quality,
> > > increasing and broadening participation, and distributing our material
> > > beyond the wiki environment. As you know, we've recently expanded the
> staff
> > > from 10 to 15, and we still have a few more positions to fill: this
> funding
> > > will offset those increased costs.
> > >
> > > This is _fabulous_ news. Sloan is high-profile and widely-respected:
> > > this donation is financially significant for us, and it also signals
> that
> > > Sloan sees our work as important and our organization as trustworthy.
> > >
> > > I'd like to take a moment to thank Erik Moeller, who developed our
> first
> > > contact with Sloan through his work representing Wikimedia on the
> > > Encyclopedia of Life's institutional council. (Sloan is an EOL
> funder.)
> > >  Based on that initial relationship, in January Sloan invited Erik to
> > > present to them about Wikimedia, after which they asked us for a
> formal
> > > request for funding. Without Erik, this would not have happened. Yay,
> Erik
> > > :-)
> > >
> > > We will be sending out a press release in a few hours, and I will also
> > > send this note to foundation-l soon. Meanwhile, please join the staff
> and
> > > board of the Wikimedia Foundation in celebrating this terrific news!
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Sue
> > >

> > > --
> > >
> > > Sue Gardner
> > > Executive Director,
> > > Wikimedia Foundation

Re: [Announcement] Sloan awards Wikimedia USD 1m annually for three years

Robert Rohde
Congratulations Erik and others.

-Robert Rohde

On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 10:20 AM, Sue Gardner <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I'm delighted to tell you that yesterday, the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation
> board of directors voted to award the Wikimedia Foundation USD 1 million
> annually for the coming three years. A total of USD 3 million, spread over
> three years.
>
> This is what Sloan characterizes as "institutional funding" - meaning, a
> form of grant designed to help us work towards our general goals – in our
> case, financial and operational sustainability, increasing quality,
> increasing and broadening participation, and distributing our material
> beyond the wiki environment. As you know, we've recently expanded the staff
> from 10 to 15, and we still have a few more positions to fill: this funding
> will offset those increased costs.
>
> This is _fabulous_ news. Sloan is high-profile and widely-respected: this
> donation is financially significant for us, and it also signals that Sloan
> sees our work as important and our organization as trustworthy.
>
> I'd like to take a moment to thank Erik Moeller, who developed our first
> contact with Sloan through his work representing Wikimedia on the
> Encyclopedia of Life's institutional council. (Sloan is an EOL funder.)
>  Based on that initial relationship, in January Sloan invited Erik to
> present to them about Wikimedia, after which they asked us for a formal
> request for funding. Without Erik, this would not have happened. Yay, Erik
> :-)
>
> We will be sending out a press release in a few hours, and I will also
> send this note to foundation-l soon. Meanwhile, please join the staff and
> board of the Wikimedia Foundation in celebrating this terrific news!
>
> Thanks,
> Sue
>

> --
>
> Sue Gardner
> Executive Director,
> Wikimedia Foundation

Re: [Announcement] Sloan awards Wikimedia USD 1m annually for three years

metasj
Excellent news indeed.   Congratulations to all, and to the projects!  SJ

On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 10:20 AM, Sue Gardner <[hidden email]>

> wrote:
>
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > I'm delighted to tell you that yesterday, the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation
> > board of directors voted to award the Wikimedia Foundation USD 1 million
> > annually for the coming three years. A total of USD 3 million, spread
> over
> > three years.
> >
> > This is what Sloan characterizes as "institutional funding" - meaning, a
> > form of grant designed to help us work towards our general goals – in
> our
> > case, financial and operational sustainability, increasing quality,
> > increasing and broadening participation, and distributing our material
> > beyond the wiki environment. As you know, we've recently expanded the
> staff
> > from 10 to 15, and we still have a few more positions to fill: this
> funding
> > will offset those increased costs.
> >
> > This is _fabulous_ news. Sloan is high-profile and widely-respected:
> this
> > donation is financially significant for us, and it also signals that
> Sloan
> > sees our work as important and our organization as trustworthy.
> >
> > I'd like to take a moment to thank Erik Moeller, who developed our first
> > contact with Sloan through his work representing Wikimedia on the
> > Encyclopedia of Life's institutional council. (Sloan is an EOL funder.)
> >  Based on that initial relationship, in January Sloan invited Erik to
> > present to them about Wikimedia, after which they asked us for a formal
> > request for funding. Without Erik, this would not have happened. Yay,
> Erik
> > :-)
> >
> > We will be sending out a press release in a few hours, and I will also
> > send this note to foundation-l soon. Meanwhile, please join the staff
> and
> > board of the Wikimedia Foundation in celebrating this terrific news!
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Sue
> >

> > --
> >
> > Sue Gardner
> > Executive Director,
> > Wikimedia Foundation

Re: [Announcement] Sloan awards Wikimedia USD 1m annually for three years

Florence Devouard-3
Sue Gardner wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I’m delighted to tell you that yesterday, the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation board of directors voted to award the Wikimedia Foundation USD 1 million annually for the coming three years. A total of USD 3 million, spread over three years.
>
> This is what Sloan characterizes as "institutional funding" - meaning, a form of grant designed to help us work towards our general goals – in our case, financial and operational sustainability, increasing quality, increasing and broadening participation, and distributing our material beyond the wiki environment. As you know, we’ve recently expanded the staff from 10 to 15, and we still have a few more positions to fill: this funding will offset those increased costs.
>
> This is _fabulous_ news. Sloan is high-profile and widely-respected: this donation is financially significant for us, and it also signals that Sloan sees our work as important and our organization as trustworthy.
>
> I’d like to take a moment to thank Erik Moeller, who developed our first contact with Sloan through his work representing Wikimedia on the Encyclopedia of Life's institutional council. (Sloan is an EOL funder.)  Based on that initial relationship, in January Sloan invited Erik to present to them about Wikimedia, after which they asked us for a formal request for funding. Without Erik, this would not have happened. Yay, Erik :-)
>
> We will be sending out a press release in a few hours, and I will also send this note to foundation-l soon. Meanwhile, please join the staff and board of the Wikimedia Foundation in celebrating this terrific news!
>
> Thanks,
> Sue
>

> --
>
> Sue Gardner
> Executive Director,
> Wikimedia Foundation

Thank you Sue. That's awesome news. Congrats to Erik for the job.

Ant

Re: [Announcement] Sloan awards Wikimedia USD 1m annually for three years

Brad Patrick
This is a wonderful milestone in the life of the Foundation.
Congratulations to all!  -Brad

On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 7:02 PM, Florence Devouard <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Sue Gardner wrote:
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > I'm delighted to tell you that yesterday, the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation
> board of directors voted to award the Wikimedia Foundation USD 1 million
> annually for the coming three years. A total of USD 3 million, spread over
> three years.
> >
> > This is what Sloan characterizes as "institutional funding" - meaning, a
> form of grant designed to help us work towards our general goals – in our
> case, financial and operational sustainability, increasing quality,
> increasing and broadening participation, and distributing our material
> beyond the wiki environment. As you know, we've recently expanded the staff
> from 10 to 15, and we still have a few more positions to fill: this funding
> will offset those increased costs.
> >
> > This is _fabulous_ news. Sloan is high-profile and widely-respected:
> this donation is financially significant for us, and it also signals that
> Sloan sees our work as important and our organization as trustworthy.
> >
> > I'd like to take a moment to thank Erik Moeller, who developed our first
> contact with Sloan through his work representing Wikimedia on the
> Encyclopedia of Life's institutional council. (Sloan is an EOL funder.)
>  Based on that initial relationship, in January Sloan invited Erik to
> present to them about Wikimedia, after which they asked us for a formal
> request for funding. Without Erik, this would not have happened. Yay, Erik
> :-)
> >
> > We will be sending out a press release in a few hours, and I will also
> send this note to foundation-l soon. Meanwhile, please join the staff and
> board of the Wikimedia Foundation in celebrating this terrific news!
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Sue
> >

> > --
> >
> > Sue Gardner
> > Executive Director,
> > Wikimedia Foundation
>
> Thank you Sue. That's awesome news. Congrats to Erik for the job.
>
> Ant

Re: [Announcement] Sloan awards Wikimedia USD 1m annually for three years

Brianna Laugher
On 26/03/2008, Sue Gardner <[hidden email]> wrote:
>  We will be sending out a press release in a few hours, and I will also send this note to foundation-l soon. Meanwhile, please join the staff and board of the Wikimedia Foundation in celebrating this terrific news!

Congrats and thankyou to Sue and Erik. Wow wow wow.
This is a good time for such a great lift in the community. I feel
like I've been walking on clouds on morning after hearing it. Can only
imagine you guys are that much more ecstatic!

cheers
Brianna

http://modernthings.org/

Re: [Announcement] Sloan awards Wikimedia USD 1m annually for three years

Jon-146
Brianna Laugher wrote:

> On 26/03/2008, Sue Gardner <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>>  We will be sending out a press release in a few hours, and I will also send this note to foundation-l soon. Meanwhile, please join the staff and board of the Wikimedia Foundation in celebrating this terrific news!
>>

> Congrats and thankyou to Sue and Erik. Wow wow wow.
> This is a good time for such a great lift in the community. I feel
> like I've been walking on clouds on morning after hearing it. Can only
> imagine you guys are that much more ecstatic!
>
> cheers
> Brianna

Outstanding. :)

Jon

Re: [Announcement] Sloan awards Wikimedia USD 1m annually for three years

John Reaves
You're going to start paying admins now, right?

--John Reaves

On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 7:23 PM, Screamer <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Brianna Laugher wrote:
> > On 26/03/2008, Sue Gardner <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >>  We will be sending out a press release in a few hours, and I will also
> send this note to foundation-l soon. Meanwhile, please join the staff and
> board of the Wikimedia Foundation in celebrating this terrific news!
> >>

> > Congrats and thankyou to Sue and Erik. Wow wow wow.
> > This is a good time for such a great lift in the community. I feel
> > like I've been walking on clouds on morning after hearing it. Can only
> > imagine you guys are that much more ecstatic!
> >
> > cheers
> > Brianna
> >

> Outstanding. :)
>

> Jon

Re: [Announcement] Sloan awards Wikimedia USD 1m annually for three years

phoebe ayers-3
On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 10:20 AM, Sue Gardner <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
>  I'm delighted to tell you that yesterday, the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation board of directors voted to award the Wikimedia Foundation USD 1 million annually for the coming three years. A total of USD 3 million, spread over three years.
>
>  This is what Sloan characterizes as "institutional funding" - meaning, a form of grant designed to help us work towards our general goals – in our case, financial and operational sustainability, increasing quality, increasing and broadening participation, and distributing our material beyond the wiki environment. As you know, we've recently expanded the staff from 10 to 15, and we still have a few more positions to fill: this funding will offset those increased costs.

This is fantastic, congratulations to all. Perhaps this can provide
the needed operational cushion to also start fundraising for an
endowment that will support us for years to come.

-- Phoebe

Re: [Announcement] Sloan awards Wikimedia USD 1m annually for three years

Bryan Tong Minh
On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 6:20 PM, Sue Gardner <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
>  I'm delighted to tell you that yesterday, the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation board of directors voted to award the Wikimedia Foundation USD 1 million annually for the coming three years. A total of USD 3 million, spread over three years.
>
>  This is what Sloan characterizes as "institutional funding" - meaning, a form of grant designed to help us work towards our general goals – in our case, financial and operational sustainability, increasing quality, increasing and broadening participation, and distributing our material beyond the wiki environment. As you know, we've recently expanded the staff from 10 to 15, and we still have a few more positions to fill: this funding will offset those increased costs.
>
>  This is _fabulous_ news. Sloan is high-profile and widely-respected: this donation is financially significant for us, and it also signals that Sloan sees our work as important and our organization as trustworthy.
>
>  I'd like to take a moment to thank Erik Moeller, who developed our first contact with Sloan through his work representing Wikimedia on the Encyclopedia of Life's institutional council. (Sloan is an EOL funder.)  Based on that initial relationship, in January Sloan invited Erik to present to them about Wikimedia, after which they asked us for a formal request for funding. Without Erik, this would not have happened. Yay, Erik :-)
>
>  We will be sending out a press release in a few hours, and I will also send this note to foundation-l soon. Meanwhile, please join the staff and board of the Wikimedia Foundation in celebrating this terrific news!
>
>  Thanks,
>  Sue
>

>  --
>
>  Sue Gardner
>  Executive Director,
>  Wikimedia Foundation

Very, very good news. And what geni, said, we need a free pic!

Re: [Announcement] Sloan awards Wikimedia USD 1m annually for three years

Todd Allen
On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 1:00 AM, Bryan Tong Minh
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 6:20 PM, Sue Gardner <[hidden email]> wrote:
>  > Hi folks,
>  >
>  >  I'm delighted to tell you that yesterday, the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation board of directors voted to award the Wikimedia Foundation USD 1 million annually for the coming three years. A total of USD 3 million, spread over three years.
>  >
>  >  This is what Sloan characterizes as "institutional funding" - meaning, a form of grant designed to help us work towards our general goals – in our case, financial and operational sustainability, increasing quality, increasing and broadening participation, and distributing our material beyond the wiki environment. As you know, we've recently expanded the staff from 10 to 15, and we still have a few more positions to fill: this funding will offset those increased costs.
>  >
>  >  This is _fabulous_ news. Sloan is high-profile and widely-respected: this donation is financially significant for us, and it also signals that Sloan sees our work as important and our organization as trustworthy.
>  >
>  >  I'd like to take a moment to thank Erik Moeller, who developed our first contact with Sloan through his work representing Wikimedia on the Encyclopedia of Life's institutional council. (Sloan is an EOL funder.)  Based on that initial relationship, in January Sloan invited Erik to present to them about Wikimedia, after which they asked us for a formal request for funding. Without Erik, this would not have happened. Yay, Erik :-)
>  >
>  >  We will be sending out a press release in a few hours, and I will also send this note to foundation-l soon. Meanwhile, please join the staff and board of the Wikimedia Foundation in celebrating this terrific news!
>  >
>  >  Thanks,
>  >  Sue
>  >
>  >
>  >  --
>  >
>  >  Sue Gardner
>  >  Executive Director,
>  >  Wikimedia Foundation
>  >
>  >
>  >  _______________________________________________
>  >  foundation-l mailing list
>  >  [hidden email]
>  >  Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/foundation-l
>  >
>
>  Very, very good news. And what geni, said, we need a free pic!

Congratulations to Erik and everyone who worked on this. I hope this
is a step on the road toward a permanent endowment and a
perpetually-funded Wikimedia. I believe the work we do here is of
great importance, and it is good to see that it will continue for the
foreseeable future.

--
Freedom is the right to say that 2+2=4. From this all else follows.

Re: [Announcement] Sloan awards Wikimedia USD 1m annually for three years

Conrad Nutschan-2
Great work foundation! Conny...

Re: [Announcement] Sloan awards Wikimedia USD 1m annually for three years

Chad
Major congratulations to everyone involved at the Foundation,
this is certainly a good piece of news. If nothing else, this
certainly helps solidify the monetary base on which the WMF
rests.

Out of curiosity, I read some information on their website
yesterday. Seems like a very good organization dedicated
to a great number of worthy projects and research.

All the best,

Chad