Announcing Danny Horn's move to Community Tech

Announcing Danny Horn's move to Community Tech

Ryan Kaldari-2
Howdy (my apologies for cross-posting),

I'm pleased to announce that the Community Tech team has a new Product
Manager – Danny Horn, who will be moving from the Collaboration team to
join this new initiative. The Community Tech team is focused on building
improved curation and moderation tools for experienced Wikimedia
editors.[1] Danny will be working with the team to develop the upcoming
Community Wishlist Survey, which will help the team define and prioritize
future projects.[2] We're excited to have someone with Danny's product
management experience as well as extensive wiki community experience
working with this team.

Danny’s role on the Collaboration team will be filled by a new Product
Manager which the Foundation is hiring for now. There’s an open job posting
on the WMF job board.[3]

Looking forward to working with Danny to build some awesome tools for the
community!

1. https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Community_Tech_team
2.
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Community_Tech_team/Community_Wishlist_Survey
3. https://boards.greenhouse.io/wikimedia/jobs/104264?t=k7xsjm

Ryan Kaldari
Engineering Manager, Community Tech

Re: Announcing Danny Horn's move to Community Tech

Matthew Flaschen-2
On 10/01/2015 07:05 PM, Ryan Kaldari wrote:
> Howdy (my apologies for cross-posting),
>
> I'm pleased to announce that the Community Tech team has a new Product
> Manager – Danny Horn, who will be moving from the Collaboration team to
> join this new initiative. The Community Tech team is focused on building
> improved curation and moderation tools for experienced Wikimedia
> editors.[1]

Danny, we're going to miss you a lot on the Collaboration team.

But I'm also excited about the work that the Community Tech team is
doing.  These are important areas that WMF hasn't always spent enough
resources on.

Matt Flaschen