Announcing MediaWiki code search

Kunal Mehta

Re: Announcing MediaWiki code search

Greg Grossmeier-2
<quote name="Kunal Mehta" date="2017-12-20" time="20:15:10 -0800">
> MediaWiki code search is a fully free software tool that lets you
> easily search through all of MediaWiki core, extensions, and skins
> that are hosted on Gerrit. You can limit your search to specific
> repositories, or types of repositories too. Regular expressions are
> supported in both the search string, and when filtering by path.
>
> Try it out: https://codesearch.wmflabs.org/search/

This is really awesome, Kunal! Great work! Thanks for filling a gap for
us :)

Greg

--
| Greg Grossmeier            GPG: B2FA 27B1 F7EB D327 6B8E |
| Release Team Manager            A18D 1138 8E47 FAC8 1C7D |

Re: Announcing MediaWiki code search

addshorewiki
Really great!

I'll move my github searches to this asap :D

Re: Announcing MediaWiki code search

Florian Schmidt
Kunal….. that is simply awesome! Big thanks for this new tool, this will make us in finding usages of deprecated methods, we would like to remove, much more easy!

Best,

Florian

Re: Announcing MediaWiki code search

יגאל חיטרון
Wow, thanks a lot!
Igal (User:IKhitron)

[hidden email]>:

> Kunal….. that is simply awesome! Big thanks for this new tool, this will
> make us in finding usages of deprecated methods, we would like to remove,
> much more easy!
>

> Best,
>
> Florian

Amir Ladsgroup
Kunal, you rock!

Best

‪On Thu, Dec 21, 2017 at 1:50 PM ‫יגאל חיטרון‬‎ <[hidden email]>
wrote:‬

> Wow, thanks a lot!
> Igal (User:IKhitron)

> [hidden email]>:
>
> > Kunal….. that is simply awesome! Big thanks for this new tool, this will
> > make us in finding usages of deprecated methods, we would like to remove,
> > much more easy!
> >

> > Best,
> >
> > Florian

Bahodir Mansurov
It's very fast!

Also, as far as I know, it's not easy to search all extensions at
once on Github, which makes this tool even more valuable.

Thanks for sharing.

Amir Ladsgroup <[hidden email]> writes:

> Kunal, you rock!
>
> Best
>
> ‪On Thu, Dec 21, 2017 at 1:50 PM ‫יגאל חיטרון‬‎ <[hidden email]>
> wrote:‬
>
>> Wow, thanks a lot!
>> Igal (User:IKhitron)

>> [hidden email]>:
>>
>> > Kunal….. that is simply awesome! Big thanks for this new tool, this will
>> > make us in finding usages of deprecated methods, we would like to remove,
>> > much more easy!
>> >

>> > Best,
>> >
>> > Florian

zppix e
Thank you very much Kunal!

--
Zppix
Volunteer Wikimedia Developer

> On Dec 21, 2017, at 8:25 AM, Bahodir Mansurov <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> It's very fast!
>
> Also, as far as I know, it's not easy to search all extensions at
> once on Github, which makes this tool even more valuable.
>
> Thanks for sharing.
>
> Amir Ladsgroup <[hidden email]> writes:
>
>> Kunal, you rock!
>>
>> Best
>>
>> ‪On Thu, Dec 21, 2017 at 1:50 PM ‫יגאל חיטרון‬‎ <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:‬
>>
>>> Wow, thanks a lot!
>>> Igal (User:IKhitron)

Andrew Otto
Super cool!

On Thu, Dec 21, 2017 at 9:31 AM, zppix e <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thank you very much Kunal!
>
> --
> Zppix
> Volunteer Wikimedia Developer
> Volunteer Wikimedia GCI2017 Mentor
> enwp.org/User:Zppix
> **Note: I do not work for Wikimedia Foundation, or any of its chapters.**
>
> > On Dec 21, 2017, at 8:25 AM, Bahodir Mansurov <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > It's very fast!
> >
> > Also, as far as I know, it's not easy to search all extensions at
> > once on Github, which makes this tool even more valuable.
> >
> > Thanks for sharing.
> >
> > Amir Ladsgroup <[hidden email]> writes:
> >
> >> Kunal, you rock!
> >>
> >> Best
> >>
> >> ‪On Thu, Dec 21, 2017 at 1:50 PM ‫יגאל חיטרון‬‎ <[hidden email]

> will
> remove,

Derick N. Alangi
Hello Kunal,

This tool is superb (i've tried some of it's functionalities out) and it'll
go a long way. Thank you very much. We are very much grateful for this
solution :)

*Kind regards*
*Alangi Derick N*

*[image: https://twitter.com/AlangiDerick]
<https://twitter.com/AlangiDerick>
<https://www.facebook.com/derick.alangi>  *

On Thu, Dec 21, 2017 at 3:32 PM, Andrew Otto <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Super cool!
>
> On Thu, Dec 21, 2017 at 9:31 AM, zppix e <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Thank you very much Kunal!
> >
> > --
> > Zppix
> > Volunteer Wikimedia Developer
> > Volunteer Wikimedia GCI2017 Mentor
> > enwp.org/User:Zppix
> > **Note: I do not work for Wikimedia Foundation, or any of its chapters.**
> >
> > > On Dec 21, 2017, at 8:25 AM, Bahodir Mansurov <[hidden email]
> >
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > It's very fast!
> > >
> > > Also, as far as I know, it's not easy to search all extensions at
> > > once on Github, which makes this tool even more valuable.
> > >
> > > Thanks for sharing.

> [hidden email]

> > will
> > remove,

Volker E.
Great, thanks Kunal!
Another time that you've addressed a major pain point with a convincingly
simple solution.

On Thu, Dec 21, 2017 at 6:46 AM, Derick N. Alangi <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hello Kunal,
>
> This tool is superb (i've tried some of it's functionalities out) and it'll
> go a long way. Thank you very much. We are very much grateful for this
> solution :)
>
> *Kind regards*
> *Alangi Derick N*
>
> *[image: https://twitter.com/AlangiDerick]
> <https://twitter.com/AlangiDerick>
> <https://www.facebook.com/derick.alangi>  *
>
> On Thu, Dec 21, 2017 at 3:32 PM, Andrew Otto <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Super cool!
> >
> > On Thu, Dec 21, 2017 at 9:31 AM, zppix e <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Thank you very much Kunal!
> > >
> > > --
> > > Zppix
> > > Volunteer Wikimedia Developer
> > > Volunteer Wikimedia GCI2017 Mentor
> > > enwp.org/User:Zppix
> > > **Note: I do not work for Wikimedia Foundation, or any of its
> chapters.**

> [hidden email]

> > [hidden email]

> this
> > > will
> > > remove,

Erika Bjune
Fantastic! Great work, Kunal!

------------------------------------
Erika Bjune
Acting Director of Security & Engineering Manager - Search Platform
Wikimedia Foundation

On Thu, Dec 21, 2017 at 7:08 AM, Volker E. <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Great, thanks Kunal!
> Another time that you've addressed a major pain point with a convincingly
> simple solution.
>
> On Thu, Dec 21, 2017 at 6:46 AM, Derick N. Alangi <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Hello Kunal,
> >
> > This tool is superb (i've tried some of it's functionalities out) and
> it'll
> > go a long way. Thank you very much. We are very much grateful for this
> > solution :)
> >
> > *Kind regards*
> > *Alangi Derick N*
> >
> > *[image: https://twitter.com/AlangiDerick]
> > <https://twitter.com/AlangiDerick>
> > <https://www.facebook.com/derick.alangi>  *
> >
> > On Thu, Dec 21, 2017 at 3:32 PM, Andrew Otto <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > Super cool!

> > chapters.**

> > [hidden email]

> > > [hidden email]

> > this

Mukunda Modell
This is something I've been wanting to build for a long time. Really really
cool stuff Kunal!

On Thu, Dec 21, 2017 at 11:55 AM, Erika Bjune <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Fantastic! Great work, Kunal!
>
> ------------------------------------
> Erika Bjune
> Acting Director of Security & Engineering Manager - Search Platform
> Wikimedia Foundation
>
> On Thu, Dec 21, 2017 at 7:08 AM, Volker E. <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Great, thanks Kunal!
> > Another time that you've addressed a major pain point with a convincingly
> > simple solution.
> >
> > On Thu, Dec 21, 2017 at 6:46 AM, Derick N. Alangi <
> [hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Hello Kunal,
> > >
> > > This tool is superb (i've tried some of it's functionalities out) and
> > it'll
> > > go a long way. Thank you very much. We are very much grateful for this
> > > solution :)
> > >
> > > *Kind regards*
> > > *Alangi Derick N*
> > >
> > > *[image: https://twitter.com/AlangiDerick]
> > > <https://twitter.com/AlangiDerick>
> > > <https://www.facebook.com/derick.alangi>  *

> > > chapters.**

> > > [hidden email]

> > > this

> lists.wikimedia.org]
> > > Im

> > you
> > skins
> specific
> expressions
> > > are
> path.

> > > locally
> > using
> > > backend
> > on

> links
> > > are

Re: Announcing MediaWiki code search

Stephane Bisson
This is currently down with "502 Bad Gateway".

It has become such an important part of my workflow... I hope someone can
fix it.

On Fri, Dec 22, 2017 at 8:15 PM, Mukunda Modell <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> This is something I've been wanting to build for a long time. Really really
> cool stuff Kunal!
>
> On Thu, Dec 21, 2017 at 11:55 AM, Erika Bjune <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Fantastic! Great work, Kunal!
> >
> > ------------------------------------
> > Erika Bjune
> > Acting Director of Security & Engineering Manager - Search Platform
> > Wikimedia Foundation
> >
> > On Thu, Dec 21, 2017 at 7:08 AM, Volker E. <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > > Great, thanks Kunal!
> > > Another time that you've addressed a major pain point with a
> convincingly
> > > simple solution.
> > >
> > > On Thu, Dec 21, 2017 at 6:46 AM, Derick N. Alangi <
> > [hidden email]>

> > > it'll
> this

> [hidden email]>

> at

> tool,
> like

> > lists.wikimedia.org]

> lets
> > > you
> > > skins
> > specific
> > expressions
> > path.

> > > using
> based
> > > on

> > links

Stephane Bisson

Re: Announcing MediaWiki code search

Niharika Kohli-2
On Wed, Jan 17, 2018 at 3:16 AM, Stephane Bisson <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> This is currently down with "502 Bad Gateway".

It's not broken. There was a maintenance reboot earlier today which seems
to have caused this. The instance probably needs a manual restart by Lego.

Niharika
Software Engineer
Community Tech

Re: Announcing MediaWiki code search