Announcing zuul-status plugin for gerrit

Announcing zuul-status plugin for gerrit

Wikipedia Developers mailing list
Hi, i am pleased to announce that the zuul-status plugin is now available for gerrit 2.16+.
This plugin integrates the zuul status json response into gerrit displaying the jobs lined up and running. It's similar to how you would see it on  https://integration.wikimedia.org/zuul/ apart from it will only show for your change only. This will improve the experience as you won't need to leave your change to get a live feed of your change as it progresses through checks.
You can see the demo at https://imgur.com/a/uBk2oxQ
Plugin at https://gerrit-review.googlesource.com/admin/repos/plugins/zuul-status
First commit: https://gerrit-review.googlesource.com/c/plugins/zuul-status/+/212103
The plugin uses PolyGerrit's ui rather then GWTUI as GWTUI has been removed upstream (from gerrit 3.0) and because PolyGerrit provides XSS protection.

Re: Announcing zuul-status plugin for gerrit

Adam Wight-2
Yes!  That's awesome, and thank you Paladox for your tireless pushing
towards modernity!  I'm looking forward to enjoying the plugin…

-Adam

On Wed, Jan 30, 2019 at 9:58 AM Paladox via Wikitech-l <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi, i am pleased to announce that the zuul-status plugin is now available
> for gerrit 2.16+.
> This plugin integrates the zuul status json response into gerrit
> displaying the jobs lined up and running. It's similar to how you would see
> it on  https://integration.wikimedia.org/zuul/ apart from it will only
> show for your change only. This will improve the experience as you won't
> need to leave your change to get a live feed of your change as it
> progresses through checks.
> You can see the demo at https://imgur.com/a/uBk2oxQ
> Plugin at
> https://gerrit-review.googlesource.com/admin/repos/plugins/zuul-status
> First commit:
> https://gerrit-review.googlesource.com/c/plugins/zuul-status/+/212103
> The plugin uses PolyGerrit's ui rather then GWTUI as GWTUI has been
> removed upstream (from gerrit 3.0) and because PolyGerrit provides XSS
> protection.

Re: Announcing zuul-status plugin for gerrit

Derick Alangi
Hi,

Thanks a lot @Paladox for this wonderful plugin on the way. Sometimes, I
see myself on the zuul dashboard to know if something is wrong with my
patch by monitoring the build progress. With such a plugin, I'll reduce
hitting the zuul interface and monitor the build on Gerrit UI, nice!

I'm personally a fan of UI changes, I just have a thing for it, that's why
the recent changes on the UI (colors etc) are making me go crazy, nice nice
nice! Thanks for all your work and those you're working with to make these
all possible :)

We're grateful!

*--*
*Derick*

On Wed, Jan 30, 2019 at 7:08 PM Adam Wight <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Yes!  That's awesome, and thank you Paladox for your tireless pushing
> towards modernity!  I'm looking forward to enjoying the plugin…
>
> -Adam
>
> On Wed, Jan 30, 2019 at 9:58 AM Paladox via Wikitech-l <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi, i am pleased to announce that the zuul-status plugin is now available
> > for gerrit 2.16+.
> > This plugin integrates the zuul status json response into gerrit
> > displaying the jobs lined up and running. It's similar to how you would
> see
> > it on  https://integration.wikimedia.org/zuul/ apart from it will only
> > show for your change only. This will improve the experience as you won't
> > need to leave your change to get a live feed of your change as it
> > progresses through checks.
> > You can see the demo at https://imgur.com/a/uBk2oxQ
> > Plugin at
> > https://gerrit-review.googlesource.com/admin/repos/plugins/zuul-status
> > First commit:
> > https://gerrit-review.googlesource.com/c/plugins/zuul-status/+/212103
> > The plugin uses PolyGerrit's ui rather then GWTUI as GWTUI has been
> > removed upstream (from gerrit 3.0) and because PolyGerrit provides XSS
> > protection.

Re: Announcing zuul-status plugin for gerrit

Wikipedia Developers mailing list
 Thank you both for the nice comments! The plugin will be coming soon to gerrit.wikimedia.org! (already plans for it)
    On Wednesday, 30 January 2019, 21:16:10 GMT, Derick Alangi <[hidden email]> wrote:

 Hi,

Thanks a lot @Paladox for this wonderful plugin on the way. Sometimes, I
see myself on the zuul dashboard to know if something is wrong with my
patch by monitoring the build progress. With such a plugin, I'll reduce
hitting the zuul interface and monitor the build on Gerrit UI, nice!

I'm personally a fan of UI changes, I just have a thing for it, that's why
the recent changes on the UI (colors etc) are making me go crazy, nice nice
nice! Thanks for all your work and those you're working with to make these
all possible :)

We're grateful!

*--*
*Derick*

On Wed, Jan 30, 2019 at 7:08 PM Adam Wight <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Yes!  That's awesome, and thank you Paladox for your tireless pushing
> towards modernity!  I'm looking forward to enjoying the plugin…
>
> -Adam
>
> On Wed, Jan 30, 2019 at 9:58 AM Paladox via Wikitech-l <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi, i am pleased to announce that the zuul-status plugin is now available
> > for gerrit 2.16+.
> > This plugin integrates the zuul status json response into gerrit
> > displaying the jobs lined up and running. It's similar to how you would
> see
> > it on  https://integration.wikimedia.org/zuul/ apart from it will only
> > show for your change only. This will improve the experience as you won't
> > need to leave your change to get a live feed of your change as it
> > progresses through checks.
> > You can see the demo at https://imgur.com/a/uBk2oxQ
> > Plugin at
> > https://gerrit-review.googlesource.com/admin/repos/plugins/zuul-status
> > First commit:
> > https://gerrit-review.googlesource.com/c/plugins/zuul-status/+/212103
> > The plugin uses PolyGerrit's ui rather then GWTUI as GWTUI has been
> > removed upstream (from gerrit 3.0) and because PolyGerrit provides XSS
> > protection.

Re: Announcing zuul-status plugin for gerrit

Wikipedia Developers mailing list
 I've just updated the ui for zuul-status (to follow https://i.imgur.com/l0y7OVw.png from https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/repo-discuss/SuOU0FNUzI4 )
You can see the new ui at https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/F28247287
Patch is at https://gerrit-review.googlesource.com/c/plugins/zuul-status/+/214812
This also uses zuul v3 colours over zuul v2 for the percentage bar and the labels. So this update will make things even sweeter! :)