Any reason why superglobals are null in localsettings.php?

Any reason why superglobals are null in localsettings.php?

hopespoppa
Any brainstorms why the following would produce null output when
placed near the 'bottom' in Localsettings.php?

$sso_ID = $_SERVER['HTTP_SSO_ID'];
error_log( SSO ID=".$_SERVER['HTTP_SSO_ID']."\n",3, 'c:\wiki\errorlog.txt' );
error_log( SSO ID=".$sso_ID."\n",3, 'c:\wiki\errorlog.txt' );

HTTP_SSO_ID is can be output by visiting page  test.php, which contains:

<?php
$sso_ID  = $_SERVER['HTTP_SSO_ID'];
print "The SSO ID is $sso_ID<br />";
?>

Thanks,
Brian

Re: Any reason why superglobals are null in localsettings.php?

hopespoppa
Further debugging and google points to a header("Location: $loginUrl")
redirect statement in a script that is evoked when the user attempts
to log in via our intranet SingleSignOn (the script is located in an
SSO-protected folder and merely captures the http_referrer and
redirects right back to it.)

Apparently this statement clears the superglobals. I have tried
placing the session_close() statement before the header statement
without success.