Any way to get {{subst:REVISIONID}} to work?

Any way to get {{subst:REVISIONID}} to work?

The Cunctator
Would it be possible to get {{subst:REVISIONID}} to work? I.e.,

{{REVISIONID}} displays the current revision id, but there's no way to
capture it in time.

Can {{subst:REVISIONID}} work, or would that be too weird for the system?

If not, PREVREVISIONID would be very helpful; to allow you to stamp
articles with an edit. (I'm working on Template:GFDLSource).

Re: Any way to get {{subst:REVISIONID}} to work?

Brion Vibber
The Cunctator wrote:
> Would it be possible to get {{subst:REVISIONID}} to work? I.e.,
>
> {{REVISIONID}} displays the current revision id, but there's no way to
> capture it in time.
>
> Can {{subst:REVISIONID}} work, or would that be too weird for the system?

The revision ID isn't assigned until the row is inserted, at which point the
text is already recorded.

> If not, PREVREVISIONID would be very helpful; to allow you to stamp
> articles with an edit. (I'm working on Template:GFDLSource).

Not sure how reliable that would be...

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)