Approval of Wikimedia India

Utkarshraj Atmaram
http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Resolution:Approval_of_Wikimedia_India

Any details on this? (When do the registrations start? etc.)

Re: Approval of Wikimedia India

Arun Ramarathnam
Dear all:

Yes we also got to hear about the board resolution which is good news and a great step forward in the process.

As you may be aware, the chapter comes into effect formally only when Wikimedia India is formally registered and approved in India under Societies Act.  That is when the organisation becomes operational.  At that point a formal announcement will be made. We have some distance to go in the process.

Till then there is a lot of background work needs to be done, including the following:
  • Expert advise is being sought to take the formal registration forward.
  • The chapter registration will take place in Karnataka under societies act.
  • The MOA needs to be translated into Kannada.
  • Documents will need to be filed with the registrar and will go through due approval process.
We believe that the entire process from filing to approval would take at least 60 days.

When the chapter get formally operational, an announcement will be made on this list. We request the active participation of all wikipedians for activities when our chapter chapter get formally operational.

Best regards

Arun

On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 11:40 AM, Utkarshraj Atmaram <[hidden email]> wrote:
http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Resolution:Approval_of_Wikimedia_India

Any details on this? (When do the registrations start? etc.)

Re: Approval of Wikimedia India

Samuel Klein-4
As a Board member, I will say that we are excited to see Wikimedia
India taking shape.  I hope you will keep pages on the Meta-wiki
updated with details about the organization, plans and projects for
the coming year, &c.

Warmly,
Samuel.

On Sat, Jun 26, 2010 at 2:59 AM, Arun Ram <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear all:
> Yes we also got to hear about the board resolution which is good news and a
> great step forward in the process.
> As you may be aware, the chapter comes into effect formally only when
> Wikimedia India is formally registered and approved in India under Societies
> Act.  That is when the organisation becomes operational.  At that point a
> formal announcement will be made. We have some distance to go in the
> process.
> Till then there is a lot of background work needs to be done, including the
> following:
>
> Expert advise is being sought to take the formal registration forward.
> The chapter registration will take place in Karnataka under societies act.
> The MOA needs to be translated into Kannada.
> Documents will need to be filed with the registrar and will go through due
> approval process.
>
> We believe that the entire process from filing to approval would take at
> least 60 days.
> When the chapter get formally operational, an announcement will be made on
> this list. We request the active participation of all wikipedians for
> activities when our chapter chapter get formally operational.
> Best regards
> Arun
>
> On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 11:40 AM, Utkarshraj Atmaram <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Resolution:Approval_of_Wikimedia_India
>>
>> Any details on this? (When do the registrations start? etc.)
>> Utkarshraj Atmaram
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Utcursch

Samuel Klein          identi.ca:sj           w:user:sj

Re: Approval of Wikimedia India

Bishakha Datta
Congratulations, all. Exciting!

Hope the India registration stuff happens speedily...look forward to hearing plans and possibilities for the future.

Cheers
Bishakha

On Sat, Jun 26, 2010 at 4:31 PM, Samuel J Klein <[hidden email]> wrote:
As a Board member, I will say that we are excited to see Wikimedia
India taking shape.  I hope you will keep pages on the Meta-wiki
updated with details about the organization, plans and projects for
the coming year, &c.

Warmly,
Samuel.

On Sat, Jun 26, 2010 at 2:59 AM, Arun Ram <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Dear all:
> Yes we also got to hear about the board resolution which is good news and a
> great step forward in the process.
> As you may be aware, the chapter comes into effect formally only when
> Wikimedia India is formally registered and approved in India under Societies
> Act.  That is when the organisation becomes operational.  At that point a
> formal announcement will be made. We have some distance to go in the
> process.
> Till then there is a lot of background work needs to be done, including the
> following:
>
> Expert advise is being sought to take the formal registration forward.
> The chapter registration will take place in Karnataka under societies act.
> The MOA needs to be translated into Kannada.
> Documents will need to be filed with the registrar and will go through due
> approval process.
>
> We believe that the entire process from filing to approval would take at
> least 60 days.
> When the chapter get formally operational, an announcement will be made on
> this list. We request the active participation of all wikipedians for
> activities when our chapter chapter get formally operational.
> Best regards
> Arun
>
> On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 11:40 AM, Utkarshraj Atmaram <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Resolution:Approval_of_Wikimedia_India
>>
>> Any details on this? (When do the registrations start? etc.)
>> Utkarshraj Atmaram
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Utcursch

Samuel Klein          identi.ca:sj           w:user:sj

Re: Approval of Wikimedia India

Kul Wadhwa
I've been following your progress and I'm personally very happy to see
that India has an official chapter now. I look forward to helping out
however I can. Let's see "Maximum Success"

--Kul

Bishakha Datta wrote:

> [...]
>     >>
>     >> Any details on this? (When do the registrations start? etc.)
>     >> Utkarshraj Atmaram
>     >> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Utcursch
>     >> _______________________________________________
>     >> Wikimediaindia-l mailing list
>     >> [hidden email]
>     <mailto:[hidden email]>
>     >> https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimediaindia-l
>     >>
>     >
>     >
>     > Wikimediaindia-l mailing list
>     > [hidden email]
>     <mailto:[hidden email]>
>     > https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimediaindia-l
>     >
>     >
>

>     --
>     Samuel Klein          identi.ca:sj           w:user:sj

CherianTinu Abraham
Congrats to all those behind the setting up the India chapter !
Regards
Tinu Cherian