Article dabs and category dabs

Charles Matthews
There are reasons to disambiguate article titles, and reasons to
disambiguate categories. But should the category system simply mimic what
the articles do? I was surprised to find at a current CfD discussion (on
Category:Matrices) that there are supporters of this idea, which I don't
see mentioned on [[Wikipedia:Category names]].

We don't disambiguate article titles until we have to, as a general rule.
It seems to me a major shift in thinking that we should not apply the same
logic to categories.

Charles