Article in the Observer

Theresa Knott
There is going to be an article in the Sunday's Observer about
wikipedia vandalism featuring yours truly.

The author is the same reporter who did the thing on Charles Matthews
in the Times ( the one at the London meetup), so I'm hoping that she
will not sensationalise it. I basically told her that yes vandalism
happens all the time but no, it's not really a problem, we have ways
to deal with it that work very effectively. Hopefully the piece will
be positive.

Theresa
--

http://theresaknott.googlepages.com/home
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Theresa_knott

Re: Article in the Observer

David Gerard-2
On 23/03/07, Theresa Knott <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The author is the same reporter who did the thing on Charles Matthews
> in the Times ( the one at the London meetup), so I'm hoping that she
> will not sensationalise it. I basically told her that yes vandalism
> happens all the time but no, it's not really a problem, we have ways
> to deal with it that work very effectively. Hopefully the piece will
> be positive.

Yes, I just failed to get back to her with Psychonaut's contact
details too. Oops ...

There should be a piece in the Sunday Times as well this Sunday or next.

- d.

Re: Article in the Observer

Dev 920
Why do I think Jenny won't rest until there's a piece on us in every national newspaper, she interviewed every British Wikipedian and done a documentary? Thank God she's on our side...

Sarah

On 3/25/07, Dev 920 <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Why do I think Jenny won't rest until there's a piece on us in every
> national newspaper, she interviewed every British Wikipedian and done a
> documentary? Thank God she's on our side...
>
> Sarah

Perhaps she's after an article on herself on wikipedia?

The article is very positive, so it's all good. Apparently it was
mentioned on radio 4 but I didn't hear it, and the podcast isn't up
yet :-(

Theresa
--

http://theresaknott.googlepages.com/home
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Theresa_knott

Re: Article in the Observer

Alison M. Wheeler
On Sun, March 25, 2007 10:47, Theresa Knott wrote:
> The article is very positive, so it's all good. Apparently it was
> mentioned on radio 4 but I didn't hear it, and the podcast isn't up
> yet :-(

The piece on BH this morning was in the paper reviews, and you were
mentioned by name! Generally it was a good mention of WP from the
reviewer.

Alison

(BH at about 9:47 or so)