Articles missing from category pages

Fernando Correia
Today some articles disappeared from some category pages. If we edit
and save some of these articles, without changes, they appear on the
category page again... The category link is embedded on the page, and
not included through transclusion.

I'd like to use refreshLinks.php to make sure all articles are
appearing on the category pages.

But refreshLinks.php is not working either... I run it and it prints
processing messages for all the 18,111 articles, but the job queue
keeps at 0 during and after the process.

After this, NO ARTICLES are shown in any category page whatsoever!

Running runJobs.php doesn't make the articles appear either.

I tried to run rebuildall.php but I got this message:

DB connection error: Unknown error

What is strange, because the wiki works and the other scripts don't
produce this message.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Fernando

Re: Articles missing from category pages

Rob Church
On 11/09/2007, Fernando Correia <[hidden email]> wrote:
> But refreshLinks.php is not working either... I run it and it prints
> processing messages for all the 18,111 articles, but the job queue
> keeps at 0 during and after the process.

That's right, refreshLinks.php doesn't use the job queue.

> After this, NO ARTICLES are shown in any category page whatsoever!

None of them? Is the categorylinks table empty or corrupted? Was there
any output from the script indicating a problem?

> Running runJobs.php doesn't make the articles appear either.

See above.

> I tried to run rebuildall.php but I got this message:

If refreshLinks.php ain't working, running a script that calls it
won't help either.

Rob Church

Re: Articles missing from category pages

Fernando Correia
Rob, thanks for the help.

The categorylinks table was empty after the operation. Editing and
saving a page creates a row in this table. Then that page is listed on
the category page. So the categorylinks table seems to be working.

There were no error messages during refreshLinks.php, just the
progress indicator.

Maybe there is something in my LocalSettings.php that is incompatible
with the maintenance script. Or some other enviromental issue...

If nothing else works, maybe I'll try the same database with a new
installation of the MediaWiki software.

Re: Articles missing from category pages

Daniel Barrett-3
refreshLinks.php has also erased my categories in the past.  Though
mainly automatically-added categories (i.e., categories that are added
to the page by a parser hook function).  I never took the time to figure
out what happened -- it was a while ago.

DanB