Articles of WikiProject Democratic Republic of the Congo

Articles of WikiProject Democratic Republic of the Congo

Bowen Yu-2
Hi,

I am trying to get articles belong to WikiProject Democratic Republic of the Congo. I tried both API calls and Quarry (I guess they shared the same data source), but did not get any articles back. I wonder if anyone has any sense what's going for this project in the database? I just used "Democratic Republic of the Congo" as the query input. Thank you!

Re: Articles of WikiProject Democratic Republic of the Congo

Brian Wolff
https://en.wikipedia.org/w/api.php?action=query&list=categorymembers&cmtitle=Category:WikiProject_Democratic_Republic_of_the_Congo_articles&cmlimit=max seems to work fine.

If i were to guess why its not on list=projectpages, id say that wikiproject democratic republic of the congo is not a full on wikiproject itself but just a subproject of wikiproject africa.

--
brian

On Saturday, February 17, 2018, Bowen Yu <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
> I am trying to get articles belong to WikiProject Democratic Republic of the Congo. I tried both API calls and Quarry (I guess they shared the same data source), but did not get any articles back. I wonder if anyone has any sense what's going for this project in the database? I just used "Democratic Republic of the Congo" as the query input. Thank you!

Re: Articles of WikiProject Democratic Republic of the Congo

Brad Jorsch (Anomie)
On Sat, Feb 17, 2018 at 4:33 PM, Brian Wolff <[hidden email]> wrote:
https://en.wikipedia.org/w/api.php?action=query&list=categorymembers&cmtitle=Category:WikiProject_Democratic_Republic_of_the_Congo_articles&cmlimit=max seems to work fine.

If i were to guess why its not on list=projectpages, id say that wikiproject democratic republic of the congo is not a full on wikiproject itself but just a subproject of wikiproject africa.

That would be the case. list=projectpages depends on something using the {{#assessment:}} parser function to "tag" the page with the project. On enwiki this is typically done by Template:WPBannerMeta (specifically, Template:WPBannerMeta/core), but that template (currently) just does it for the main project, not for task forces.

--
Brad Jorsch (Anomie)
Senior Software Engineer

Re: Articles of WikiProject Democratic Republic of the Congo

Bowen Yu-2
I see. That makes sense. Yes, I was using list=projectpages.

Another question: is Quarry querying against the same data source as API? I am able to use Quarry to get articles of some task forces (here is the query I used), but again, no luck on wikiproject democratic republic of the congo either.. Any explanation? Thanks!

On Sat, Feb 17, 2018 at 9:53 PM, Brad Jorsch (Anomie) <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Yes, they use roughly the same data source.

Quarry and api handle confidential data in a different way. There may be slight differences around that, but thats not relavent to wikiprojects.

Brian

On Sunday, February 18, 2018, Bowen Yu <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I see. That makes sense. Yes, I was using list=projectpages.
> Another question: is Quarry querying against the same data source as API? I am able to use Quarry to get articles of some task forces (here is the query I used), but again, no luck on wikiproject democratic republic of the congo either.. Any explanation? Thanks!
> On Sat, Feb 17, 2018 at 9:53 PM, Brad Jorsch (Anomie) <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> On Sat, Feb 17, 2018 at 4:33 PM, Brian Wolff <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> https://en.wikipedia.org/w/api.php?action=query&list=categorymembers&cmtitle=Category:WikiProject_Democratic_Republic_of_the_Congo_articles&cmlimit=max seems to work fine.
>>>
>>> If i were to guess why its not on list=projectpages, id say that wikiproject democratic republic of the congo is not a full on wikiproject itself but just a subproject of wikiproject africa.
>>
>> That would be the case. list=projectpages depends on something using the {{#assessment:}} parser function to "tag" the page with the project. On enwiki this is typically done by Template:WPBannerMeta (specifically, Template:WPBannerMeta/core), but that template (currently) just does it for the main project, not for task forces.
>>
>> --
>> Brad Jorsch (Anomie)
>> Senior Software Engineer
>> Wikimedia Foundation

Re: Articles of WikiProject Democratic Republic of the Congo

Bowen Yu-2
Got it. Thank for the help!