Ask and Display title

John Doe-27
I Just upgraded to 2.4 and noticed a rather major change. Instead of
getting the full page name I am getting the Display title result. How can I
revert that change for #ask quires

Re: Ask and Display title

James HK
Hi,

> getting the full page name I am getting the Display title result. How can I

See also [0].

> I Just upgraded to 2.4 and noticed a rather major change. Instead of
> getting the full page name I am getting the Display title result. How can I
> revert that change for #ask quires

[1] is expected to contain all necessary information on how to disable
this feature.

[0] https://github.com/SemanticMediaWiki/SemanticMediaWiki/pull/1410
[1] https://www.semantic-mediawiki.org/wiki/Display_title

Cheers

On 8/31/16, John <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I Just upgraded to 2.4 and noticed a rather major change. Instead of
> getting the full page name I am getting the Display title result. How can I
> revert that change for #ask quires

Re: Ask and Display title

John Doe-27
I am a programmer and that page still confuses me. Not sure if it was
written quickly or if its just a issue of being a layman. But from what I
can see it looks like *Display title* has replaced the default
behavior/results of Ask queries and to get the actual page title I need to
use. The page you references talks about the core MediaWiki Display title
functionality (Which I want to keep using) but isn't helpful on how to make
#ask ignore it.

On Wed, Aug 31, 2016 at 9:55 PM, James HK <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > getting the full page name I am getting the Display title result. How
> can I
>
> See also [0].
>
> > I Just upgraded to 2.4 and noticed a rather major change. Instead of
> > getting the full page name I am getting the Display title result. How
> can I
> > revert that change for #ask quires
>
> [1] is expected to contain all necessary information on how to disable
> this feature.
>
> [0] https://github.com/SemanticMediaWiki/SemanticMediaWiki/pull/1410
> [1] https://www.semantic-mediawiki.org/wiki/Display_title
>
> Cheers
>
> On 8/31/16, John <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > I Just upgraded to 2.4 and noticed a rather major change. Instead of
> > getting the full page name I am getting the Display title result. How
> can I
> > revert that change for #ask quires

Re: Ask and Display title

kghbln
Heiya John,

the page basically tells you with reference to your issue that you
should disable this feature in case you do not want to use it.

Cheers Karsten

Am 01.09.2016 um 04:22 schrieb John:

> I am a programmer and that page still confuses me. Not sure if it was
> written quickly or if its just a issue of being a layman. But from what I
> can see it looks like *Display title* has replaced the default
> behavior/results of Ask queries and to get the actual page title I need to
> use. The page you references talks about the core MediaWiki Display title
> functionality (Which I want to keep using) but isn't helpful on how to make
> #ask ignore it.
>
> On Wed, Aug 31, 2016 at 9:55 PM, James HK <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>>> getting the full page name I am getting the Display title result. How
>> can I
>>
>> See also [0].
>>
>>> I Just upgraded to 2.4 and noticed a rather major change. Instead of
>>> getting the full page name I am getting the Display title result. How
>> can I
>>> revert that change for #ask quires
>>
>> [1] is expected to contain all necessary information on how to disable
>> this feature.
>>
>> [0] https://github.com/SemanticMediaWiki/SemanticMediaWiki/pull/1410
>> [1] https://www.semantic-mediawiki.org/wiki/Display_title
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> On 8/31/16, John <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> I Just upgraded to 2.4 and noticed a rather major change. Instead of
>>> getting the full page name I am getting the Display title result. How
>> can I
>>> revert that change for #ask quires

Re: Ask and Display title

John Doe-27
I get that gist, I think it can be done via *$GLOBALS['smwgDVFeatures'] =
$GLOBALS['smwgDVFeatures'] & ~SMW_DV_WPV_DTITLE;* but exactly what does
that do and does it have any other side effects? I dont want to go randomly
changing things given how incomplete the docs are.

On Thu, Sep 1, 2016 at 4:03 AM, kghbln <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Heiya John,
>
> the page basically tells you with reference to your issue that you
> should disable this feature in case you do not want to use it.
>
> Cheers Karsten
>
> Am 01.09.2016 um 04:22 schrieb John:
> > I am a programmer and that page still confuses me. Not sure if it was
> > written quickly or if its just a issue of being a layman. But from what I
> > can see it looks like *Display title* has replaced the default
> > behavior/results of Ask queries and to get the actual page title I need
> > use. The page you references talks about the core MediaWiki Display title
> > functionality (Which I want to keep using) but isn't helpful on how to
> make
> > #ask ignore it.
> >
> > On Wed, Aug 31, 2016 at 9:55 PM, James HK <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,

> >> can I
> >>
> >> See also [0].

> >> can I
> >>
> >> [1] is expected to contain all necessary information on how to disable
> >> this feature.
> >>
> >> [0] https://github.com/SemanticMediaWiki/SemanticMediaWiki/pull/1410
> >> [1] https://www.semantic-mediawiki.org/wiki/Display_title
> >>
> >> Cheers

> >> can I

Re: Ask and Display title

Tobias Oetterer-2
Hey John

Maybe I'm missing something but as I see it the only change is, that instead of getting links to pages that look like [[page|page]] you are now getting links that look like [[page|displaytitle]].

You can disable this in your query with "link=none" or in individual printouts. [0] This will give you the pagename as plain text which you could for example parse through a template.

Also you now have the display title stored in a new special property called "Display title of". No need to store it manually anymore. Yay! :)

Regards,
Tobias Oetterer

[0]: https://www.semantic-mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Displaying_information#Display_format

--
If this email is rather brief, it is not meant to be impolite but to respect your time.
http://five.sentenc.es

University of Paderborn
Zentrum IMT
Warburger Straße 100
33098 Paderborn

Office: N5.338
Phone: 05251/60-2194
I get that gist, I think it can be done via *$GLOBALS['smwgDVFeatures'] = $GLOBALS['smwgDVFeatures'] & ~SMW_DV_WPV_DTITLE;* but exactly what does that do and does it have any other side effects? I dont want to go randomly changing things given how incomplete the docs are.

On Thu, Sep 1, 2016 at 4:03 AM, kghbln <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Heiya John,
>
> the page basically tells you with reference to your issue that you
> should disable this feature in case you do not want to use it.
>
> Cheers Karsten
>
> Am 01.09.2016 um 04:22 schrieb John:
> > I am a programmer and that page still confuses me. Not sure if it
> > was written quickly or if its just a issue of being a layman. But
> > from what I can see it looks like *Display title* has replaced the
> > default behavior/results of Ask queries and to get the actual page
> > title I need
> > use. The page you references talks about the core MediaWiki Display
> > title functionality (Which I want to keep using) but isn't helpful
> > on how to
> make
> > #ask ignore it.
> >
> > On Wed, Aug 31, 2016 at 9:55 PM, James HK
> > <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,

> >> can I
> >>
> >> See also [0].

> >> can I
> >>
> >> [1] is expected to contain all necessary information on how to
> >> disable this feature.
> >>
> >> [0]
> >> https://github.com/SemanticMediaWiki/SemanticMediaWiki/pull/1410
> >> [1] https://www.semantic-mediawiki.org/wiki/Display_title
> >>
> >> Cheers

> >> can I

Re: Ask and Display title

John Doe-27
Correct, the default query result is [[page|displaytitle]] however that
breaks functionality for my wiki. I want to be able to tweak the display
title on a page without changing the #ask result format. Yes I could write
a template that achieves the goal of outputing the full title, but that
means that I have to add it to every #ask on my wiki. There should be a way
to set the default behavior back to [[page|page]] without loosing the other
functionality.

On Thu, Sep 1, 2016 at 7:36 AM, Tobias Oetterer <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hey John
>
> Maybe I'm missing something but as I see it the only change is, that
> instead of getting links to pages that look like [[page|page]] you are now
> getting links that look like [[page|displaytitle]].
>
> You can disable this in your query with "link=none" or in individual
> printouts. [0] This will give you the pagename as plain text which you
> could for example parse through a template.
>
> Also you now have the display title stored in a new special property
> called "Display title of". No need to store it manually anymore. Yay! :)
>

> Regards,
> Tobias Oetterer
>
> [0]: https://www.semantic-mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Displaying_information#
> Display_format
>
> --
> If this email is rather brief, it is not meant to be impolite but to
> respect your time.
> http://five.sentenc.es
> No trees were killed to send this message, but a large number of electrons
> were terribly inconvenienced
>
> University of Paderborn
> Zentrum IMT
> Warburger Straße 100
> 33098 Paderborn
>
> Office: N5.338
> Phone: 05251/60-2194

So I set the value in LocalSettings and it changed the display value,
however it is still sorting the pages based off Displaytitle value.... How
do I just KILL this display title <s>bug</s> "feature"

On Thu, Sep 1, 2016 at 8:44 AM, John <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Correct, the default query result is [[page|displaytitle]] however that
> breaks functionality for my wiki. I want to be able to tweak the display
> title on a page without changing the #ask result format. Yes I could write
> a template that achieves the goal of outputing the full title, but that
> means that I have to add it to every #ask on my wiki. There should be a way
> to set the default behavior back to [[page|page]] without loosing the other
> functionality.
>
> On Thu, Sep 1, 2016 at 7:36 AM, Tobias Oetterer <tobias.oetterer@uni-
> paderborn.de> wrote:
>
>> Hey John
>>
>> Maybe I'm missing something but as I see it the only change is, that
>> instead of getting links to pages that look like [[page|page]] you are now
>> getting links that look like [[page|displaytitle]].
>>
>> You can disable this in your query with "link=none" or in individual
>> printouts. [0] This will give you the pagename as plain text which you
>> could for example parse through a template.
>>
>> Also you now have the display title stored in a new special property
>> called "Display title of". No need to store it manually anymore. Yay! :)
>>

>> Regards,
>> Tobias Oetterer
>>
>> [0]: https://www.semantic-mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Displaying_
>> information#Display_format
>>
>> --
>> If this email is rather brief, it is not meant to be impolite but to
>> respect your time.
>> http://five.sentenc.es
>> No trees were killed to send this message, but a large number of
>> electrons were terribly inconvenienced
>>
>> University of Paderborn
>> Zentrum IMT
>> Warburger Straße 100
>> 33098 Paderborn
>>
>> Office: N5.338
>> Phone: 05251/60-2194

Re: EXT :Re: Ask and Display title

Johnson, Carly A (IS)
I would like to be removed from this message chain. I tried using the link at the end of the message multiple times but I am still receiving emails.
Thank you