Ask queries on imported pages - how to?

GregSoulsby
We are importing many pages into our SWM site with Ask query on them.

But when we view the pages
- the query is not showing as run until you edit the page
- the pages selected are not showing until they have also been edited.

We switched off caching but that made no difference.

Have found different fix options on google but would greatly appreciate a
steer from someone with the knowledge.

Thanks

Virus-free.
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

Re: Ask queries on imported pages - how to?

Tobias Oetterer-2
Hi Greg

I oftentimes import dumps in wikis and I built myself a small script that runs some maintenance after the import (most of them found in mediawiki's maintenance dir):
* update.php (just in case, normally not necessary)
* rebuildall.php (to propagate categories)
* initSiteStats.php (to bring site stats up to date)
* runJobs (to clear the job queue)
* rebuildData.php (in the smw maintenance dir; to update semantic data)
* runJobs (to clear the job queue, again)

Regards,
Tobias Oetterer

--
If this email is rather brief, it is not meant to be impolite but to respect your time.
http://five.sentenc.es

University of Paderborn
Zentrum IMT
Warburger Straße 100
33098 Paderborn

Office: N5.338
Phone: 05251/60-2194

Re: Ask queries on imported pages - how to?

Renoir Boulanger-2
If I may chime-in here,

On Tue, Feb 28, 2017 at 15:01 Tobias Oetterer <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Greg
>
> I oftentimes import dumps in wikis and I built myself a small script that
> runs some maintenance after the import (most of them found in mediawiki's
> maintenance dir):
> * update.php (just in case, normally not necessary)
> * rebuildall.php (to propagate categories)
> * initSiteStats.php (to bring site stats up to date)
> * runJobs (to clear the job queue)
> * rebuildData.php (in the smw maintenance dir; to update semantic data)
> * runJobs (to clear the job queue, again)

To my experience in relation to caching for MediaWiki and SMW...

runJobs and rebuildData are the way to rebuild SMW views.  Object-storage
and HTTP caching isn't really involved in that aspect.

+1

Regards,

Renoir
--