Assistance needed building press release email list for the UK

Assistance needed building press release email list for the UK

David Gerard-2
There's a press release going out for Tuesday for a UK organisation
working with WMF. So the organisation asked me about addresses to
email it to. *ahem* guess who's so used to doing press reactively that
he's never actually gathered a press release email list.

We have addresses for the major (and many minor) newspapers, but not
for computer/internet press. So far I have the Inquirer
(press.releases[AT]theinquirer.net) and the Register
(news[AT]theregister.co.uk). I welcome your assistance with other
suitable press addresses.

It would probably be a good idea for WMF to get into the habit of
proactive press releases, as we do, after all, have an agenda to push
(free content, education, wikis, the stuff in the mission statements
of WMF and WMUK). So this'll be useful far and wide.

Note that no-one here has any money for media directories ...

- d.

Re: Assistance needed building press release email list for the UK

Sean Whitton (Xyrael)
ComProj has a nice, large database we call the presslist of press
contact details including e-mail addresses.

Is that what you are looking for?

If so, I can send you a copy.

Thanks,

Sean

> There's a press release going out for Tuesday for a UK organisation
> working with WMF. So the organisation asked me about addresses to
> email it to. *ahem* guess who's so used to doing press reactively that
> he's never actually gathered a press release email list.
>
> We have addresses for the major (and many minor) newspapers, but not
> for computer/internet press. So far I have the Inquirer
> (press.releases[AT]theinquirer.net) and the Register
> (news[AT]theregister.co.uk). I welcome your assistance with other
> suitable press addresses.
>
> It would probably be a good idea for WMF to get into the habit of
> proactive press releases, as we do, after all, have an agenda to push
> (free content, education, wikis, the stuff in the mission statements
> of WMF and WMUK). So this'll be useful far and wide.
>
> Note that no-one here has any money for media directories ...
>

> - d.

—Sean Whitton (seanw)
<[hidden email]>
http://seanwhitton.com/