Attribution for pageviews API

workPostings
Hi,
I have a question regarding wikimedia's pageviews API.
I'm going to use this API (example:
https://wikimedia.org/api/rest_v1/metrics/pageviews/top/en.wikipedia/all-access/2015/10/10),
<https://wikimedia.org/api/rest_v1/metrics/pageviews/top/en.wikipedia/all-access/2015/10/10>on
commercial use, but I don't find instructions on which license it's based
on. I'm also going to filter some of the results (i.e. showing only
athletes from Europe, things like that).
So the question regards the license of that API. I want to attribute it
correctly.

Appreciate your help

Re: Attribution for pageviews API

Isaac Johnson
The licenses for each endpoint can be found on the page below -- I linked
to the top pageviews endpoint which is CC0
<https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/> but you can see the
others there too:

https://wikimedia.org/api/rest_v1/#/Pageviews%20data/get_metrics_pageviews_top__project___access___year___month___day_

Best,
Isaac

On Sun, Aug 16, 2020 at 11:35 PM workPostings <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi,
> I have a question regarding wikimedia's pageviews API.
> I'm going to use this API (example:
>
> https://wikimedia.org/api/rest_v1/metrics/pageviews/top/en.wikipedia/all-access/2015/10/10
> ),
> <
> https://wikimedia.org/api/rest_v1/metrics/pageviews/top/en.wikipedia/all-access/2015/10/10
> >on
> commercial use, but I don't find instructions on which license it's based
> on. I'm also going to filter some of the results (i.e. showing only
> athletes from Europe, things like that).
> So the question regards the license of that API. I want to attribute it
> correctly.
>
> Appreciate your help

Isaac Johnson (he/him/his) -- Research Scientist -- Wikimedia Foundation